main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Jedi Archive - Practical Trilogy

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Antpocalypse, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Antpocalypse

Antpocalypse Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 26, 2016
    [​IMG]

I joined this forum after seeing the "PT practical effects, sets, models and miniatures thread" and after going through all its pages I decided to collect, organise and compile each and every image of the PT BTS I could get my hands on, in a sort of real life Jedi Holocron or Archive so that it would be much easier to use all those images to fight our good fight and to defend the PT in a much more efficient way.

So now when someone tells you "THAT specific scene" was all 100% CGI, you can just immediately link to "THAT specific folder" and debunk them*. :cool:

*except for the Droid Factory scene....that's actually 100% CGI.[face_laugh]

I've uploaded almost 1000 images worth 255 MB to my Dropbox which can be found here >
    www.dropbox.com/sh/aozfi6s6eaxtjde/AAD1ATQ9x9Gj6ffnG9U_cSy2a?dl=0

Now since navigational capability over there is zero, I'm going to link to each folder and sub folder like I've structured it in my Dropbox and on my PC, so you can navigate more easily. Each of the following is a direct link to the respective folder:

Jedi Archive - Practical Trilogy
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A. Bonus
    1. Article 1
    2. Article 2
    5. Mt. Etna
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    B. Bonus OT Pics
    1. ANH
    2. ESB
    3. ROTJ
    C. Episode 1 - TPM
    2. Coruscant
    3. Naboo

5. Tatooine
    c. Mos Espa
    D. Episode 2 - AOTC
    2. Coruscant
    c. Other

3. Geonosis
    a. Arena

4. Kamino
    5. Naboo

7. Tatooine
    E. Episode 3 - ROTS
    2. Coruscant

e. Other

3. Kashyyyk
    4. Mustafar
    5. Naboo
    6. Order 66
    9. Utapau
    READ ME!
    Dropbox link >> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aozfi6s6eaxtjde/AAD1ATQ9x9Gj6ffnG9U_cSy2a?dl=0

To download all the images in a zipped archive, click on "Download" in the top right of the above linked page. The zip file is about 255 MB large and contains close to 1000 images.
    All the images and folders were named as specifically and accurately as I could, in order to make searching through them by tags much easier. Please note that you can switch from 'Grid' view to 'List' view in the Dropbox pages to see the names easily.
    Please follow the following guides for the nomenclature used:

FOLDER STRUCTURE:

Movie name > Planet name > Area name > Context name
    OR
    Movie name > Context name

IMAGE NOMENCLATURE:

Specific name (if required) >> Interior/Exterior/Character name >> Set/model/miniature/prop >> Number - Additional tags (blue/green screen) - Secondary image elements

1. Character images are tagged with "Character >> Actor/puppet/prop/maquette >> prosthetics/animatronics"

2. "Alternate" tag used to denote same image with different size/quality

3. "Deleted Scene" tag used to denote deleted scene

4. "Prop" used to denote a 1:1 scale life size prop

5. "Ship" tag used on all ships and transports

6. "Model" used to denote miniatures of ships and transports

7. "Blue screen/green screen" is used to mark all images that include those screens regardless of context of usage, or when it is atleast more than 20% of the image. It is observed that most blue/green screen usage is used to depict large worlds outside windows and to extended sets digitally or to composite actors with miniature sets. Complete CGI sets are very few.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many thanks to the great folks of the Jedi Council Forums and everyone who has collected, compiled and posted Prequel images before!

Main links and sources:

www.boards.theforce.net/threads/practical-effects-in-the-prequels-sets-pictures-models-etc.50017310
    www.s811.photobucket.com/user/Rycoder/library/?sort=3&page=1
    www.facebook.com/Star-Wars-Prequels-Behind-the-scenes-1422594424724742/photos_stream?tab=photos_albums
    www.imgur.com/a/QYfpA
    www.imgur.com/a/iTTu7
    www.imgur.com/a/wVa9R
    www.imgur.com/a/siERK

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: Feel free to spread the links in this file to all corners of the galaxy and also to those far, far away! Spread the truth!

- Antpocalypse
    02/02/2016

PS: There are a few jokes hidden in the names of the images, see if you can find them! XD
    I hope you guys like this! Please try to go through the images and tell me if there are any mistakes or changes to be made. I would also appreciate any feedback or if you can post any new images that aren't present in this collection! Peace!

Jedi Archive - Behind the Scenes Videos

1. Star Wars Episode 1 - Webisodes and Featurettes (Playlist)
    www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA5E2EE8E10B45724

2. Star Wars Episode 2 - Webisodes and Featurettes (Playlist)
    www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDC9DF0527A71C0C1

3. Star Wars Episode 3 - Webisodes and Featurettes (Playlist)
    www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0918EFDB5FB29B49

4. Making of Star Wars Prequel Trilogy - World Building Set Design Interviews
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlzguSk9H8Q

5. Making of Star Wars Prequel Trilogy - Concept Art CGI Special Effects
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=95Eqv-XAthQ

6. Star Wars Prequels Miniature Effects
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=toFOhKVouCg

7. Practical Prequels - Proof The Star Wars Prequels Were More Than CGI
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0cpRamEur4

2. Evening Star

Evening Star Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    So are you trying to say the PT used practical effects? Lies. It was all green screen and it looked like cartoon.

Seriously, that's an elaborate work you've done. =D= Thank you!

3. Antpocalypse

Jan 26, 2016
    Haha [face_laugh]

And thanks for the appreciation but really it's all thanks to you guys for posting all those images in the original thread! :D

EDIT: There are a few jokes hidden in the names of the images, see if you can find them! :p

4. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    Son of a...Whats with all these quality post these days? OP I appreciate your dedication to such a task. You really helped out the SW community by doing this.

Seagoat Please sticky this thread. This thread should not be forgotten.

Again, OP you did amazing. Respect Brotha^:)^

5. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Amazing. [​IMG]

mes520 and Antpocalypse like this.
  6. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    This is certainly a lot of hard work.

Well done Antpocalypse !

Antpocalypse likes this.
  7. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Really appreciate the list!!

Antpocalypse likes this.
  8. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    Honestly, you're doing the prequels and us PT fans justice by compiling all of this. Awesome work!=D=

9. Antpocalypse

Jan 26, 2016
    Thanks for all the appreciation guys! :D I'm glad you're liking this.

Just want to clarify something I forgot to write in the OP:

1. I've used the highest quality/largest size images where ever possible, replacing smaller ones.

2. The "Blue/Green Screen" tags are only applied to life size sets and not miniatures since you essentially need to have those screens while working with miniatures.

I will update the 'Read Me' in the Dropbox but won't be able to update here. Why is there a 1 hour edit limit. :p

PS: Btw, what is this "throw dice" feature on the posts? I just randomly tried it out and now there's a dice showing 5 on my OP. XD

10. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    [​IMG]

Antpocalypse Bravo, my friend. You have done a great service compiling this list and sharing it with the rest of us to see. Thank you. :D

11. Antpocalypse

Jan 26, 2016

Haha, thanks my friend!

I love collaboration...I love democracy. :emperor:

[​IMG]

12. Antpocalypse

Jan 26, 2016
    So, sorry if this is against the rules, but i'm must bumping this for people who haven't seen it and also to know whether Seagoat has considered pinning this, in case it is deemed useful enough. Thanks.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  13. HaloWithStyle

HaloWithStyle Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2015
    That's all well and good but there's no denying that episodes 2 & 3 felt completely out of place compared to the rest of the films. I think the color grading has a lot to do with that, 2 & 3 are super colorful while the others have a more dull, gritty look.

14. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Well deserving of a pin. This thread is nothing short of a treasure trove! Thank you, Antpocalypse for all this work!

15. Antpocalypse

Jan 26, 2016
    [​IMG]

Well that was fast. :eek:

Thanks a lot Seagoat! :D I had fun making it and it wouldn't have been possible without everyone's else's previous efforts of finding and posting the images originally. :) So THANK YOU guys!

[​IMG]

16. Tonyg

Tonyg Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Awesome job! Than for sharing!

Antpocalypse likes this.
  17. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    Fantastic work. Mind if I share this on reddit?

18. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015

This awesome work certainly needs to be seen by everyone!

Antpocalypse likes this.
  19. Antpocalypse

Jan 26, 2016
    Please be my guest! As I said in the read me, feel free to spread these links to all corners of the galaxy and also to those far, far away! ;)

Thanks for sharing! :)

20. Antpocalypse

Jan 26, 2016
    I don't know why, but when I made this thread I forgot to include links to the various BTS videos that have been uploaded to YouTube.

So I guess I'll do that here and kindly ask Seagoat to edit the OP and include them at the end. So Seagoat, if it's possible please append the following to the OP, thanks. Could you also kindly remove those dice throws at the bottom of my OP? I was trying them out to see what they were but it got out of hand and I can't seem to remove it.

Jedi Archive - Behind the Scenes Videos

1. Star Wars Episode 1 - Webisodes and Featurettes (Playlist)
    www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA5E2EE8E10B45724

2. Star Wars Episode 2 - Webisodes and Featurettes (Playlist)
    www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDC9DF0527A71C0C1

3. Star Wars Episode 3 - Webisodes and Featurettes (Playlist)
    www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0918EFDB5FB29B49

4. Making of Star Wars Prequel Trilogy - World Building Set Design Interviews
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlzguSk9H8Q

5. Making of Star Wars Prequel Trilogy - Concept Art CGI Special Effects
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=95Eqv-XAthQ

6. Star Wars Prequels Miniature Effects
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=toFOhKVouCg

7. Practical Prequels - Proof The Star Wars Prequels Were More Than CGI
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0cpRamEur4

Tonyg likes this.
  21. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Taken care of for you Antpocalypse
    Unfortunately there's no way for the system to remove the dice or anything. Sorry about that

22. Antpocalypse

Jan 26, 2016

Thanks a lot man! And no problem if you can't remove the dice.

Can I ask what the dice system is for? I tried to search the forums for answers but couldn't find any info on them.

23. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    Fantastic resource. Thank you for taking the time to put this all together, Antpocalypse.

Antpocalypse likes this.
  24. Antpocalypse

Jan 26, 2016
    Just a small update. I went through the hour long documentaries that I posted links to above, and have taken some 50 screenshots from there and added them to the dropbox, taking the image count to about 1028 and the size count to about 265 MB.

The additional images are almost equally distributed among all 3 films.

Enjoy! :)

25. mutantchair

mutantchair Jedi Knight

Oct 31, 2012
    Thank you for sharing this! This is a perfect research resource for my Ph.D. dissertation — one section is on the rhetoric of "Behind the Scenes" in Star Wars. This will save me countless hours.

Antpocalypse likes this.