main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] Ny's Nummy Sweets! (S/U & More) Post on Dec 17.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I too liked the bittersweet tone of this. I completely empathize with Nyota's feelings, but Spock is right - she has a gift for drawing others to her, and so her 'heart-family' will just grow. [face_love][face_love]

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_dancing] I agree, of course, because ^:)^ like Ayesha, she is a friend-magnet of those with loyalty, compassion, and caring.

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Different jobs, ships but Uhura and Spock are together. Hope she will keep in touch (new diary next year?[face_batting]

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks oodles! This has been the funnest nummiest thread ever! [face_love] [:D]

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Using Last one to know.

~!
    "Your colleague, Devon Westphal, is quite perceptive, too." Nyota told Isabeau. "Do you find that men make better negotiators than women in certain situations, in that two gentlemen would be better than a man and woman partnership?"

Isabeau replied: "I find that when there is a mixed partnership as you describe, each person picks up on nuances the other would not, but that is more a facet of personality and characteristic ways of looking at the world, more than anything else."

"I agree. But what about the demands for subtlety versus the overt tactics?"

"Ah. Men often fall short in the subtle thing, I must confess."

Nyota laughed. They're also often the last to know romantically, she reflected. Though her family had been the exception that proved the rule. Her father and brother-in-law had come to realize they were in love quite simultaneously with the object of their affections, thankfully.

As had the object of hers although he had not been blatant with the indications - those had been subtle at first until neither she nor he could demur any longer.

Such happy remembering gave a dreamy glow to her eyes which Isabeau noticed as she took a second cream puff.

"I guess you're off in the clouds again, thinking of your bondmate?"

"I can't help it." Nyota smiled. "He has that effect on me. Probably always shall."

Isabeau beamed. "From all accounts, he is quite special."

"Very." Nyota whispered. "I must have the two of you meet."

"I look forward to it." Isabeau said sincerely.

+++++++

Chyntuck likes this.
  6. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    "I find that when there is a mixed partnership as you describe, each person picks up on nuances the other would not, but that is more a facet of personality and characteristic ways of looking at the world, more than anything else."

That really is the best way to describe it; in any sort of relationship.

But I really liked Nyota's reflection on the guys being the 'last to know'. Her musings were soft and wonderful to read, especially at this point in their relationship, and your writing was just beautiful. [face_love]=D=

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    men are often like that. Love the discussion between Nyota and Isabeau

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Inspired by a gorgeous fanon element in an SW fic. :)

~!

"Oh, lovely!" Nyota enthused as she hugged Kiana tightly. She took the glass sculpt and gazed rapturously at it and then placed it on her desk so that it wouldn't get bumped or even nicked! It was of a bottle-nosed dolphin, in mid leap and with that trademark wonderful expression dolphins carry.

"I know this won't be where you're at permanently," Kiana grinned, happy to see Ny's pleasure so unmistakably. "But it's in the way of an office-warming gift."

Nyota laughed. "I'll take it with me whenever and wherever I ship out. Don't you worry!"

It was moments like these that gave her a happy glass-full feeling about her new career. That and the conversation Jim and Spock had had after they'd all shared a wonderful dinner of fine food, rich desserts, and fun reminiscing.

"Hmmm." Jim commented to Spock as he watched Audrey and Nyota contentedly linger over the caramel tarts through the glass window overlooking the terrace. "Reminds me of the post-Endor chat Luke had with Han. Things are different. You won't be there to rescue my bacon."

"And you won't be there to infuse unending optimism and recklessness into every situation." Was the amused rejoinder. "Working alongside you was never, ever in the remotest sense what one could call predictable or mundane."

Jim laughed.

"The friendship moment I am struck with," Spock continued, "was the discussion and encouragement by candlelight between Fingon and Maedhros."

"Well," Jim replied, at an uncharacteristic loss. "Thanks for that not-insignificant compliment!"

+++++

AN: :) Some more fic-nods in the flashback, of JadeLotus & Mira_Jade. [face_love] [face_love]

Chyntuck and Kahara like this.
  9. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    This was absolutely heartwarming to read!

I loved the gift and Nyota's settling into her new path in life, but this -

Things are different. You won't be there to rescue my bacon."

"And you won't be there to infuse unending optimism and recklessness into every situation." Was the amused rejoinder. "Working alongside you was never, ever in the remotest sense what one could call predictable or mundane."

- was so beautifully worded, and spot on, at that. They are definitely up there with the likes of Han and Luke and Fingon and Maedhros, that's for certain. [face_love][face_love]

10. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    "Working alongside you was never, ever in the remotest sense what one could call predictable or mundane."

I can totally see him saying this, and I love the fact that that's not a bad thing! :D

And it's sweet to see Nyota settling in!!

11. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Wonderfully lovely as always @};-
    So nice to come here from time to time. [:D]

12. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Two good pieces there, Nyota!

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    love how you show the friendship and reflecting on the new jobs

14. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Good grief, has it really been six months since I last visited this thread? :eek:

Well, you already know that your little flash-fics always give me the warm fuzzies (*imagines Spock raising an eyebrow and grins*), but what I really, really enjoy is also how you splice various fandoms and references to other stories in here. The funniest bit, obviously, was to see the chyntuck pie make it into Star Trek. That's a sure sign of glory for divapilot :)

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Chyntuck thanks oodles! I love mixing & matching fandoms [face_laugh] And mixing & matching OTP references ^:)^ !!!! because OTPs are eternal. :D [face_dancing]

Chyntuck likes this.
  16. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Aw, I'm thinking of this being so right for the upcoming St. Valentine's Day. Gah, it's close![face_love]

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL Pronker with this particular pairing :) [face_sigh] every literal day. ^:)^

pronker likes this.