main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info First teaser for Episode VIII! (Production Announcement)

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by TCF-1138 , Feb 15, 2016.

1. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Uh, yeah. Not a joke.
    Just a production teaser of course (principal photography starts today), but still - absolutely lovely :D
    Contains major spoilers for TFA.

So it begins.

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Tagged as Official. Love this video.

Edit: Also updated the thread title.

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Some speculation based on the video:

It seems Episode VIII takes place immediately after TFA, based on the shots in this video. That would be interesting, since we would then get to see Luke and Rey's first conversation, but it would also be the first time there's not a time jump between movies.

4. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yup, we're discussing that now in a new thread in the 8 and 9 SA forum. Yes, it's the 8 and 9 SA forum, but that thread is devoid of spoilers at this point... if anyone's interested.

5. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Fackin clapped, mang!

6. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Should I ask how major? I wasn't going to watch this until I got some semblance of what it contains.
    Is this more "Official" than other "Official" stuff we've had before? Like Celebration discussions, trailers...

7. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Well, I guess it's "equally official" to anything else that also came directly from LFL and the official SW site (as this did). That's pretty much what it takes for us to call something official, anyway, though. If you haven't watched this yet, it's very short and doesn't contain anything that could really be a spoiler for Episode VIII, I would think (assuming one has seen TFA).

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  8. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    Awesome! It really is a short video.

EHT likes this.
  9. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Yoda Pagoda! My positivity-inclined friend! :p What did you think of TFA? :D

10. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001
    ... hate to be the killjoy, but that production trailer was rather pointless. Yay, its in production, and that's it ? I don't think that a trailer just to announce that Episode VIII is in production is worth it. They could have just done a simple blog post on the official website.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  11. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Weird. I wonder if that means it will pick up from exactly where Episode VII left off.
    Time to stay away from the Episode VIII forum and the The Force Awakens spoiler forum.

12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    guessing away!

Considering how Episode VII ended I can see this being the first Star Wars movie to literally pick off as the last one ended. Maybe the crawl and show what the bad guys have been doing in between the destruction of Starkiller Base and the fallout of the destruction of the Hosnian system.

Or, this is a flashback or a force vision flashback thing. They were only shooting for a few days so doesn't seem like a lot. (I like Force Vision stuff more than extended flashbacks - which can function as an extended flashback - but, hey, they got a guy who's best known for a time travel movie so who knows what's going to happen)

Or, series format change! Starts with A Long Time Ago title card, cut to Rey and Luke's meeting, THEN the opening crawl! Bold!

also I love the slow-motion used on Luke's closeup - you can tell it's slowmo cuz his hair is blowing in the wind not at proper speed - gives him heft.

Also wasn't Hamill clean-shaven at the time when they did the episode VIII shooting (it was after TFA had wrapped roundabouts September 2015, that's where this footage comes from)

http://www.goss.ie/2015/09/star-wars-star-mark-hamill-hits-portmagee-for-a-pint/46305/

did he regrow the beard or when they shaved him off at the end of TFA did they save his beard hair and make a beard wig outta it?

13. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
  14. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Some people think picking up where it left off would make the opening crawl either redundant or strange, but I don't think any of that will happen.

15. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Umm, by getting people pumped by seeing another shot from the same scene that ended TFA?

There isn't a TFA spoiler forum anymore, assuming you've seen TFA of course. The TFA forum is simply the TFA forum since the movie came out. The 8 and 9 SA forum and the Anthology SA forum will have spoilers since they're for the upcoming movies.

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  16. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    I saw it three times! So, I positively enjoyed it!

PymParticles , Darkslayer and EHT like this.
  17. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I am positively unsurprised! :p

Where do you rank it in terms of the other SW films?

18. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    I'd put it right behind III, V and IV. Really, a lot of fun!

Darkslayer likes this.
  19. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000

But its possible someone would include an Ep 8 spoiler in a comment about TFA, right? So its not as much of a spoiler free safe zone as NSA is.

20. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    That's correct... NSA is the safest because people have to be granted access to post in here, and they can lose that access and possibly be banned if they post anything spoilerish. We've requested no 8 and 9 discussion (especially spoilers) in the TFA forum, and we'll continue to watch for it, but NSA is the safest. More on that in this thread: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/once-youve-seen-tfa.50035589/

21. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    I'm definitely sticking around here, after all, I'm also trying to avoid Rogue One spoilers as well as Episode VIII. Wow, Episode VIII...V+III...my favorite movies!