main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit One Canon - Merging Legends and the New Canon - TFA spoilers, very much so

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Jan 8, 2016.

1. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Sinrebirth I'm interested to see how long you decide to keep on trying to put this together. As hard as it is now to bring everything together it would probably be considered a piece of cake compared to how difficult it will be five years from now.

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    See, anybody else wouldn't have even tried it to begin with!

Such is the Sinny side of the Force.....

3. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Aaand.... we got an interesting RPG out of it as a by-product! Thanks, Sinrebirth

Darth Dreadwar and Sinrebirth like this.
  4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Thanks Tim! May need to tweak the OP around Bloodine though but I doubt it'll be anything stunning change-wise.

Soon enough you'll be on your way to the mission you already have a few grand in your account for mind you... Oh so soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim Battershell likes this.
  5. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
  6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Let's get Snoke for every happy ending he ruined.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    ...Wait, what RPG is this?

8. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
  9. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    After the Awakening.

EDIT: Ninja'd by the GM, Kriff it! ;)

10. Darth Zack

Darth Zack Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    I am actually thinking of running a very similar game, though perhaps more skewed towards Legends. I didn't think of doing it with established characters either, and probably won't. That's if the game happens, of course.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  11. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    That is kind of awesome.

Though it also sort of makes me view Snoke and Kylo as heroes for derailing the Denningverse...

12. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    It is so much fun, and being as the Atlas subtly confirms that the Remnant borders increased by 35 ABY it fits beautifully.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  13. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

Do we know what the reason for that was? The only thing of import that happened in 35 ABY was the onset of the Dark Nest Crisis and the Imperial Remnant had nothing to do with that.

14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The Atlas said the Remnant held onto its acquisitions from the Yuuzhan Vong, which does not especially fit with those territories being expanded in 35 ABY. One could hand-wave it to mean that the Remnant had those territories legally recognised by a treaty in 35 ABY...

... Or the First Order expanded them in the face of a New Republic which had very much imploded by this point in time.

Incidentally, I am debating the pros and cons of the Battle of Jakku taking place between Wedge's Gamble and Krytos Trap, during Krytos Trap, or after Krytos Trap.

I am likely to settle on the first option as Ackbar and Wedge are fairly busy during Krytos Trap and I expect Wedge to also be at the Battle of Jakku with Ackbar. If Wedge is not present at Jakku then his absence for Bacta War is not relevant so it can take place after Krytos Trap.

Considering the Empire in essence collapses after Wedge's Gamble, it weaves neatly with the Battle of Jakku being a last hurrah but Coruscant can still have an Imperial presence, and Courtship of Princess Leia rather heavily implies that the Battle of Coruscant was larger and longer than that which was depicted in Wedge's Gamble anyway - one could argue that the Battle of Coruscant did not end until Loor's insurgency is defeated.

If Wedge and Ackbar are present at Jakku the only period in which it could fit inside Krytos Trap is during the ten days after the Lusankya lifts off and the end of the book, where Rogue Squadron clears Coruscant, which fits rather neatly to be fair.

The Bacta War has to take around a month to reflect that Han was away hunting Zsinj for five months and the timeline of the Wraith Trilogy is four months of that, more or less.

Currently I have...

RotJ
    Nagai-Tof Marvel arc up to the Battle of Zeltros
    Shattered Empire
    Uprising
    Aftermath, Battle of Kashyyyk starts, three months after Endor
    Battle of Saijo (five months after Endor)
    X-wing comics, which have an internal timeline of about four months, from five months after Endor
    Katarn 2 and 3. GoDV, Shadows of Mindor
    X-wing one to two/three
    Aftermath 3, assuming it meets Jakku
    X-wing four to CoPL in first five months of 5 ABY
    Thrawn Trilogy in last four months of 5 ABY
    Isards Revenge
    Dark Empire

I would place some stress on how the actual open warfare under Thrawn only covers a single month of the timeline of the Thrawn Trilogy, so save for the breach under Rogriss, the Galactic Concordance is observed by the mainstream Empire for ten of the twelve months of 5 ABY.

15. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Well, I would think that the Imperials essentially schismed - the Pellaeon faction effectively joins with the NR (under the GFFA in Legends), whereas the radicals split off to form the First Order, with sympathizers still in the old Remnant region.

16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Agreed, though there are all manner hardliners in the Remnant proper also. I imagine more and more hardliners head into the Unknown Regions as the Empire becomes less and less able to do any meaningful harm to the New Republic, especially when Daala and the other Imperials that did continue to fight after the Bastion Accords became more and more pathetic.

blackmyron and Darth Dreadwar like this.
  17. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    By starting the effort now, it allows one to keep up with every addition due to investment in the theory, and thus incorporate it one step at a time until five years from now, it's just as easy.

Or at least, that's what I do with my own theories. ;)

Sinrebirth likes this.
  18. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    In the latest Rebels episode "Shroud of Darkness", it is stated that
    the last time Ahsoka saw Anakin, he was rushing off to rescue the Chancellor. Any way Ahsoka can be fit behind the scenes of the Clone Wars microseries, or between the pages of Labyrinth of Evil? Considering in the microseries, Anakin gets the alert that the Chancellor has been kidnapped while aboard the flagship of the Open Circle Fleet (I believe this would be the 'Integrity' as both the 'Resolute' and 'Negotiator' had been destroyed over the course of the Clone Wars), and said flagship immediately makes the jump to Coruscant, I'm not sure how there's time for Ahsoka to see Anakin between the scene in the microseries and the opening of ROTS. The only thing I could think of is that she was serving as non-Jedi military personnel aboard the 'Integrity', just offscreen in both the microseries and Labyrinth of Evil.

Needless to say, this revelation in Rebels makes Ahsoka's absence in ROTS even more odd. 'The Wrong Jedi' had Ahsoka walking off into the sunset, and with that it seemed understandable that she wouldn't be mentioned at all in Revenge of the Sith. Now that it's revealed Ahsoka and Anakin had been hanging out literally right up to the Battle of Coruscant immediately before ROTS, it is very strange that she is not mentioned at all in ROTS, does not show up at all, and Anakin does not confide to her about anything regarding his visions of Padme, especially as Ahsoka is unlikely to tell the Jedi of Anakin's marriage considering that she's no longer part of their Order.

Any insight on how this new piece of information from Rebels can fit into 'One Canon'?

19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I am hesitant to dedicate to the solution, as clearly there is some thread between Clone Wars loose ends and the like, though
    there is no issue with Ahsoka being aboard the Resolute before he heads off, especially as she's a shoehorn already. I assume they fall out, as Ahsoka will discover something about Sidious, maybe.

20. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Just a note, the ship in the microseries ending definitely wasn't the Resolute, which was destroyed at the Battle of Sullust in TCW episode 'Nightsisters'. Keeping track of all this Star Wars info is tricky.

Sent from my SGH-M919N using Tapatalk

21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I thought the ship name was wrong but I was skimming while my daughter called for me.

Regardless, the point stands.

22. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    I'm pretty sure the nucanon explanation is going to be that they're all at the Siege of Mandalore or something.

23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Which itself will need to tie into the 212 Mandalorians running around beating up the Republic at some point.

24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I am slightly bumping this for Bloodline. I'll be getting the book in three or four days (as well as the Dark Empire Trilogy hardcover, much squeals), anyone have any objections to me posting Bloodline bits and pieces and continuity thoughts here, under spoiler headings, rather than mess up the Bloodline thread with random One Canon thoughts?

25. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014

No objections.

Sinrebirth likes this.