main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions In real life what would you be a Jedi or a Sith?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Teegirloo, Mar 5, 2013.

1. JediFan215

JediFan215 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 31, 2014
    I'd be a Jedi in the Kyle Katarn philosophy: it depends on how you use it.

2. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    I probably be more of grey jedi in that I don't follow the jedi code but I do still help others and traveling across the galaxy to bring some justice.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  3. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    East and West, points of the compass, each one as stupid as the other! I'm a member of SPECTRE Black Sun!

4. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I would be a Jedi. I would study many Jedi, including Satele Shan, Jolee Bindo, Shaak Tii, Oppo Rancisis, Yoda, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Ahsoka Tano, Luke Skywalker, Kyle Katarn, Saba Sebatyne, and Jaina Solo, and learn as much as I can from their examples and my own experiences. But Jedi training in the Force is never complete. It entails one's whole life and beyond.

5. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    I don't believe the Force has an external dark or light side. I believe it all comes down to intent. And my intent? It would be to bring about eternal galactic bliss, to create a utopia without death, and to do so I would[​IMG] take the empiricist's approach. I would apply the scientific method to mastering the Force, discovering what makes it tick until I have unlocked its mysteries, and attained apotheosis, and use my Force-based godhood to bring The Singularity.

Who are the rational transhumanists who recognise the Force is to be exploited like any energy, like electricity, who do not cling to outdated deontological ethics but instead recognise the validity of consequentalism in their quest to forge utopia? Who reject the inhuman emotionlessness of the Jedi, yet who also recognise one must use and control one's emotions in order to fuel the imposition of one's will upon the Force, rather than fall prey to the unreasoning compulsions of the common Dark Jedi thug? Who are they who had superior ethics from the get-go, who were cast out and exiled for their 'heresy' of wanting to use the powers that passion allows for to conquer death, create new life and restore dead planets? Who are they who were the victims of Jedi genocide, the worst imaginable form of persecution? Yes, I would be a Lord of the Sith.

Joanne2108 likes this.
  6. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I wouldn't be either.

7. Jo B1 Kenobi

Jo B1 Kenobi Jedi Master star 2

Jul 3, 2014
    For years I used to think I would be a force-user who was not a Jedi or a Sith but someone who wandered about doing good things but not aligned to any code or group - an 'Independent Force User' if you like. But nowadays that's changed - I would be a Jedi. I would love to be a Jedi. :)

Iron_lord likes this.
  8. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    A Jedi of course.

9. Skuldane

Skuldane Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2014
    I would. Most people are already controlled by their emotions. I would totally let my emotions control me if I had the power of the force to back it up. Sith is easily the best choice for me. The Sith Code is far more likely and reasonable. Not too mention even though the dark side tends to draw on emotions for power, its all about controlled emotions and anger. Bane is one of my favorite, he did not believe in needless killing. If I was Sith I would kill without hesitation, if necessary. I would not aimlessly wander around and kill though. The power of the force would flow through me and I would easily be able to take on any of you who choose Jedi. I simply cannot see most of you being able to control yourself and you emotions, therefore you would not have a good connection to the force. Those giving in to it though would. Therefore I would go Sith and be all powerful.

Darth_Dreadwar likes this.
  10. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I'd be one of the lost 20 Jedi myself, have a whole back story as to why etc.

SithOverlord101 likes this.
  11. Darth Aphrodite

Darth Aphrodite Jedi Master star 3

Jun 17, 2015
    I'm full of passion and lust so it's the darkside for me! :)

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  12. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Jedi. I hate tatoos, and I'd hate to have to buy a tub of Visine for when my eyes go all yellow and bloodshot.

Seriously, this is a question? Sith suck.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  13. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    And the (genocidal, deathist, child-kidnapping, cultish) Jedi don't?

[​IMG]

14. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Well, taken massively out of context like that and not compared to the Sith, maybe.

15. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

You summarized the type of Jedi I would want to be.

Chancellor Yoda likes this.
  16. IG Lancer

IG Lancer Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 8, 2015
    I would probably be neither. I would study with the Luka Sene, the Thuwistens, the Baran do Sages, the Dagoyan Masters and the H'Drachi Seers and use my force powers to heal others, to prolong my own life, and to cheat at sabak and sports betting, and invest the money in the stock exchange.

But if I really had to choose one of the two options, I would go for Jedi. The Dark Side is a quicker path to power, but it isn't worth being angry and full of negative emotions all the time. What good is power if you can't be happy and relaxed?

Darth Dreadwar and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  17. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Jedi by far. I can be emotional at times but I have way to much compassion and humanity to be a sith.

18. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    I would like to say I would be a Jedi... but it would most likely go like this: Try to keep to the Jedi code and fail due to being way too emotional and passionate, among other things (like using the dark side). So I would say screw it and peace out. I like the Sith Code and all the bad ass-ness that goes with being a Dark Lord, but wouldn't want to bend to any rules but my own.

Dark Jedi it is then! [face_mischief]

SithOverlord101 and DarthIshyZ like this.
  19. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    See, I would say this is my exact goal as well... Which I feel is eminently Sith!

20. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Jedi heal people. A lot. And some Jedi have learned the trick of "prolonging their own lives" without going Dark (Fay, Shayoto, etc)

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  21. KamenSentaiMetalHero

KamenSentaiMetalHero Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 19, 2017
    I would be a Mandalorian Grey Jedi

22. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    Jedi really tip the scale in this thread. I know I could not be a Jedi simply because many of their beliefs make me furious.

Based on the two choices, Sith.

23. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Your fury gives you focus, makes you stronger...

DarthIshyZ and Kaleesh-Cyborg like this.
  24. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    Does rogue Jedi count? [face_thinking]

DarthIshyZ, Dagobahsystem and Sarge like this.
  25. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    There is something appealing and liberating about the Sith code. So maybe a Sith though it would have its own challenges