main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Reynar_Tedros, Nov 16, 2006.

1. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Dexter Fowler showed up to practice with the Cubs today, which is how they announced they had re-signed him to a one year deal. Cubs should have a pretty solid OF defense when him and Heyward are both playing but I don't know how they are going to split time with those two and Schwarber and Soler.

Ramza likes this.
  2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    This "Chase Utley Rule" is a good one IMHO. Basically previously you were allowed to go so far as to deliberately injure another player with no real justification and no punishment. Alcides Escobar was out part of last season with an injury after someone from the A's "slid" after he was already at the bag. There's just no reason to allow that.

I do think it's funny they added new pacing rules while at the same time making Neighborhood Plays reviewable. Won't we get reviews on that like... Every game now?

3. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Me & my father were talking about this earlier, and we came to this conclusion: on paper it sounds like a nice idea to increase safety, but the risk of injury is still plentiful if one is still allowed an aggressive slide at the bag. Thus, what's going to change really?

4. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    As usual, the actual solution should have been to enforce the existing rule as written. But that wouldn't seem like "doing something."

Amazing.

5. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Chapman suspended 30 games. I would have liked to see MLB take a tougher stance but they negotiated a deal so he won't fight the suspension, which I guess since he wasn't charged is probably a smart move.

6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Well, yes and no.

This is "win/win" (as far as anything like this is win/win). The Commish bans someone for the first time under the new domestic violence policy, and he guarantees it's upheld. Proving the precedent. And Chapman (and the MLBPA) get a precedent set that it's less time-served than a PED ban.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  7. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Chapman was not arrested, the reports were he allegedly choked his Girlfriend but If you look at her neck she clearly has no marks on her neck,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    these photos clearly show no injury, I believe his only crime was firing 7 rounds from his gun in his Garage, but In the United States there are only 7 states that don't let you Walk the streets with a gun out of a holster any kind of gun even an assault rifle, Florida will soon make it 6 states when they make It legal to have a Gun un holstered. so In the eyes of the Law did he really do any thing wrong? Not If the Republicans have anything to say about it:( I think this Suspension is ridiculous and If I was Chapman I would appeal and Sue MLB ...

8. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Hell, I don't even see a neck.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  9. NotSoScruffyLooking

NotSoScruffyLooking Jedi Master star 3

Mar 20, 2009
    When was the last time there was no 95 game winner in a league? Could happen in the AL this year.

10. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Chapman can't appeal, he reached a deal with MLB and accepted the punishment....probably because he knows he did something wrong.

11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Father prevents baseball bat from hitting son in the face

[​IMG]

12. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Kid, get off the phone and pay attention to the game. Texting and baseball don't mix.

TX-20 likes this.
  13. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
    Yeah, it's getting beyond ridiculous with the phones. Looks like a person in the row above him was also doing the same thing. I mean, if you've paid to attend a game live, why would you not be watching it?

TX-20 likes this.
  14. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    It sounds like more nets are eventually going to be put in place to prevent this epidemic of flying bats.

15. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    ...thereby denying thousands of future fans the opportunity to catch a foul ball and take it home as a souvenir.

No thanks. Flying bats wouldn't even be a problem if people would just PAY ATTENTION!!!!! But apparently because a few people refuse to pay attention, the game has to be ruined for everyone. [face_plain]

16. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

yea he fired a Gun In his Garage,
    His Girlfriends Neck,
    [​IMG]
    Do you see any marks on her neck? these are the Police Photos from the night In question?:rolleyes:

So yea If He did something wrong It was firing a Gun In his garage which Is probably legal In Florida or soon will be?

Tomorrow I am Going to George M Steinbrenner Field to see my Yankees take on the Phillies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jcgoble3 likes this.
  17. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    this is me and my dad at the Yankees Spring Training game yesterday!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the bald guy in the corner of the practice field is one of my favorite Players Brett Gardner!!!!!,
    [​IMG]
    and Finally me with my $5.00 program I also bought a hat and a shirt that the proceeds go to the St Josephs Children's Hospital ....
    [​IMG]

TX-20 and DarthTunick like this.
  18. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
  19. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Posting photos like that completely blocks up a page.

I think it's fine to post small pictures, but what happened above is another story.

20. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    His father said he had just taken a photo and was looking at it.

21. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
  22. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
  23. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Less than a week until Opening Day! :D

cubman987 likes this.
  24. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Never mind the last post, we are at 12 players, I do have one more request to join though, if there's anyone else who want to join I can get it to 14.

25. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    Some Opening Day music to get you in the mood:

Amazing.

tom, cubman987 and DarthTunick like this.