main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Even More Magniloquent New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Dec 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Lightsaber boat duel would be glorious. I sincerely hope it is a saber duel and not saber vs blaster bolts. The visual of a saber duel on a moving vessel is high art.

2. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Must be Kylo's training scene then.

Snoke: THIS is how you pump iron.
    Kylo: These dumbbells are too big. I can't! It hurts!
    Snoke: No pain, no gain...BEN SOLO.
    Kylo: Nooooooo!

3. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    The Love Boat? No thankee.

We've had boats before in SW and it weren't no good.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  4. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Just because you didn't like the Bongo in TPM doesn't mean they can't come up with another boat you may like.
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dra--- likes this.
  5. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    That's true, but the ideology of our board calls for new, not "better," "good," or "interesting."

We can't have anymore boats because it's a rehash.

6. gizka

gizka Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 29, 2016
    Jedi fighting on a boat...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Foreshadowed it was.

Force22, fuhry, El_Machete12 and 15 others like this.
  7. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
  8. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  9. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    You got it. They make a love boat cameo in star wars...[​IMG]

... featuring a lightsabre fight with Darth Goopher and Dr. Darth Bricker!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

burg2774, jedistarfire and Dra--- like this.
  10. Darkspellmaster

Darkspellmaster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    So I knew I heard the word before, or at least part of it. It's a japanese term using two kanji's

Dai = 第
    Ka =化

The meaning is actually The First of, which could indicate a leader or someone who is first mate or first person in command. So I'm guessing that the Daika may be indicating someone that is a leader of some sort. Or at least someone who is the first of their kind or of a group.

Trebor Sabreon and Darth Smurf like this.
  11. RobbyV

RobbyV Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015

Snoke: Two more sets, Kylo! Nothing should...
    Kylo: Yeah, I know... Nothing should stand in my way. I gotta finish what I started. Got it, ok?

12. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Strictly adhering to the film, my impression per Han and in particular Maz's interactions with Rey is that whoever left Rey on Jakku isn't coming back. Now Rey is waiting for "My family". She believes "They'll be back". Kylo would be family. Whoever dropped Rey off with Unkar told her to stay and wait here and I, we, your family will return for you. It's like a Fielding or a Dicken's novel in that the protagonist is sent away as an orphan and taken in under the worst of conditions and maltreated for reasons unknown by the audience and the protagonist. Maz states that whoever left you is not coming back, however, Maz also states that "But someone still could" (return) - The actual dialogue struck me to be intentionally ambiguous and, therefore, clunky - whereby Rey states, "Luke". Then she is told the belonging you seek (your family) is forward, not back. And if we take the whole "I've seen the same eyes in different people. I see your eyes. I know your eyes" I think we've seen her eyes in different people as well and it's not someone newly introduced this late in the narrative (Episode VII).

Also, the lightsaber was Luke's and his Father's before him and now it calls to Rey. What are we to make of this, if the film is sacrosanct? The clear implication from the dialogue is that Rey in some form or fashion is Luke's family and the saber an heirloom being past from one generation to the next. An example of Chekov's Gun at this point, IMHO.

13. loststars

loststars Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2016
  14. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  15. loststars

Jan 22, 2016

I so don't see that but I take your word on it! I can never find things in pictures like this. Maybe this means Finn is on the Falcon for awhile (hopefully with Rey and Luke too). John Boyega from his snapchats and such was filming all day yesterday.

16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah, I think I can see Chewie too sitting in the co-pilot seat. There's another person behind Yedlin but they appear to be in normal clothing so probably a crew member.

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    There is also George Lucas standing in the cockpit with his flannel shirt.

18. Dagobah Dragonsnake

Dagobah Dragonsnake Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2016
    I think he is helping with security. See how his hand is? He is probably saying, "This is not the Millennium Falcon you are looking for".

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  19. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    And the ghost of Sebastian Shaw.

He has been everywhere since his removal from the post-2011 ending of Return of the Jedi.

20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    You know looking closer at that person standing in the background it sort of looks like Mark Hamill. Although he doesn't have a beard so I'm probably seeing things. :p

21. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Look behind Chewie. Back of the cockpit, in the shadows. It's...

Plagueis

22. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    "You understand guns? Finance is a gun. Politics, is knowing when to pull the trigger."

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  23. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    That's not Chewbacca.

24. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Now that I can see a full size image I think you're probably right and I was just jumping to that based on the MSW commentary on the picture.

25. loststars

Jan 22, 2016

Actually it being Chewie would make sense. Peter Mayhew did fly out to London earlier in the week and they usually only use him for the scenes on the Falcon when Chewie's sitting.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.