main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Best piece from ANH?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Amber Kenobi, Mar 3, 2016.

?

Which is the standout piece for ANH?

1. Binary Sunset

46.3%
  2. The Throne Room

22.0%
  3. Main Title

9.8%
  4. Cantina Band

2.4%
  5. Leia's Theme

4.9%
  6. Other

14.6%
  1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Black cover, White outline on the letters. released in 1977. $10.99, 16 songs.

Obi-Wan Catnobi likes this.
  2. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    Holy crap, you're right. I had no idea that this happened. How's the quality compared to the 2-Disc Special Editition releases? Sorry that this is a bit off topic.

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I only have Yub Nub, Lapti Nek and Into the Trap.
    Different titles and lengths otherwise. Less songs but still good quality.

4. Amber Kenobi

Amber Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 12, 2016
    Ummm......I'll just try to push the conversation back into soundtracks, SuperSecretMuffin.....

I love Binary Sunset. It is just so uplifting. I know I'm crazy, but the son lifts me above the clouds and makes me a part of Star Wars. ;)

Main Title....oh mother.....that is very uplifting, too, but it is really more of a symbol of Star Wars. Not the Movie. The Saga. Binary Sunset introduces Luke (and all of us) to this new land...where people can use the Force, and *hopefully* NOT where you have to befriend Gungans as part of your profession.
    Hmmm.....Luke might've been better off NOT being a Jedi....

The Throne Room sounds...assertive. As if it's portraying a scene in which characters are SUPERIOR. This is rather fitting, except it's not my taste. So, no way.

Leia's Theme is beautiful, but it also has Binary Sunset in it. And so does The Throne Room. And many other pieces. I consider Binary Sunset to be ubiquitous in this way that it really stands out. That's what we're talking about here, right? :D

5. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    First off, apologies for slightly derailing the thread for a couple posts.

Anyhow, I'd probably have to say my personal favorite track on this soundtrack would be "The Throne Room". I really like how triumphant it sounds. It does a wonderful job of conveying how big a victory the destruction of the Death Star was. It also has a great contrast to the ending track of ROTS, which has very little hope, while this track is very hopeful. All in all, a great ending to a great soundtrack and film.

6. Amber Kenobi

Feb 12, 2016
    You're absolutely right! You know, music is used to portray feeling or plot. Like you said, there wasn't much hope in ROTS, but tere was obviously a lot of hope in A New Hope.

SuperSecretMuffin likes this.
  7. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    Binary Sunset. The Throne Room comes second, but as soon as I hear Binary Sunset I automatically think of SW.

8. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    I liked the music that played during Obi wan's ''use the force'' death star run with Luke.

9. Amber Kenobi

Feb 12, 2016
    Use the Force, Luke!

Force Smuggler likes this.
  10. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I love Imperial Attack. Such a great piece of music.

But yeah, Binary Sunset is the best.

11. Amber Kenobi

Feb 12, 2016
    Binary Sunset is beautiful.

12. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    I still have my old LPs; they're in storage at my Ancestral Home. My brother Bruce lucked out; he got it back when it included a poster by John Berkey. He told me that, back in 1977, after he and his friends first listened to it, they liked it so much that they immediately went out and saw the movie again.

Anyway, back on subject, that's a tough one. I like the whole score. But, I think I'm going to go against the grain and say, "Ben's Death and the TIE Fighter Attack". Back in the day, that was the clip from the movie that everyone showed, so that track is probably the one I most associate with ANH.

13. JQ_Ronan

JQ_Ronan Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2016
    Binary Sunset's my favorite right now, but...

has anyone heard this one?

14. Lukers

Lukers Jedi Master star 1

Jun 16, 2016
    The Throne Room always gets me hype.

15. AllyoftheForce

AllyoftheForce Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2016