main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indy 5 Indiana Jones & The Dial of Destiny All Aboard the Hype Train to June 2023!

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by choccy, Mar 15, 2016.

1. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Either a split-narrative with a younger Indy as well like some have suggested, or this will be less action heavy, or there will be less action for Ford but a sidekick-type character will get those scenes. Or Ford is just really down to do these stunts. I mean, he's up there in years but he could probably kick my ass if he really wanted to.

2. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    Maybe Indy should be in a similar role in this movie as Henry Jones Sr. Was in Last Crusade.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  3. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Indiana Jones has vanished!

CaptainRegor and Darthman92 like this.
  4. Darthman92

Darthman92 Force Ghost star 6

Feb 24, 2016

Seizing the opportunity a Nazi resurgent called the Fourth Reich emerges in South America under the command of Supreme Fuhrer Mengele seeking to finish what Hitler started...

5. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    You joke, but that sounds amazing in a completely ridiculous and insane kind of way. Imagine Speilberg going all in with that concept.

6. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000
    If this is true, George Lucas and Kathleen Kennedy will be producing.

7. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Here's the official press release from Disney:

https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/sp...diana-jones-returns-to-theaters-july-19-2019/

Spielberg and Ford Reunite as Indiana Jones Returns to Theaters July 19, 2019

Indiana Jones will return to the big screen on July 19, 2019, for a fifth epic adventure in the blockbuster series. Steven Spielberg, who directed all four previous films, will helm the as-yet-untitled project with star Harrison Ford reprising his iconic role. Franchise veterans Kathleen Kennedy and Frank Marshall will produce.

“Indiana Jones is one of the greatest heroes in cinematic history, and we can’t wait to bring him back to the screen in 2019,” said Alan Horn, Chairman, The Walt Disney Studios. “It’s rare to have such a perfect combination of director, producers, actor and role, and we couldn’t be more excited to embark on this adventure with Harrison and Steven.”

Famed archaeologist and explorer Indiana Jones was introduced in 1981’s Raiders of the Lost Ark – one of AFI’s 100 Greatest American Films of All Time – and later thrilled audiences in 1984’s Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, 1989’s Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, and 2008’s Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. The four films have brought in nearly $2 billion at the global box office.

8. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    Eh, I guess. Though I think neither Spielberg nor Ford have it in them to make this type of movie anymore.

9. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    First of all I loved KOTCS right up there with TOD but not quite as good as Raiders or LC, with Raiders being the best!!!!!! but after how great TFA was I have no doubts Disney will deliver with Indy !!!!!!!! but without Paramount how to figure out what will dissolve into what, they can't have the paramount Mountain dissolve into a mountain or a Gopher Hill because It Is A Disney Film, so May be a Disney Castle dissolves Into a real castle ?

@Howard Hand
    Harrison did a wonderful job with Han in TFA I am sure he can still do Indy, he was the best part of KOTCS another question I have is Mutt returning ?

10. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I'm wondering if Henry III will have a role here or not

Hasn't Shia had a fair deal of legal troubles as of late? And as far as I know, he hasn't ever expressed any interest in returning to the franchise since Kingdom

11. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
    I hope so. For a while there it was sorta the elephant in the room, or not in the room, to be specific: the idea of another Indiana Jones movie with no involvement from the guy who (co-)created Indiana Jones. I can't imagine Spielberg would ever want to proceed without longtime buddy George, but considering how the latter himself might wish to keep his distance from a currently knives-sharpened pop-culture is a notion not entirely out of orbit.

12. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

well it would be kind of hard to make a prequel with Fords advancing age so it would have to be a sequel, what to do about Shia? I say don't even mention Mutt or he is off to school on dads request ....

13. Howard Hand

Feb 11, 2015
    I seriously doubt Shia will have any substantial role. If anything, he'll be relegated to a very small secondary role in the vein of Jar Jar Binks in II and III.

I didn't think that he was that bad in the movie though. He took the brunt of the fan backlash despite being one of the few cast-members of that film to give a genuine effort.

14. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    Thing is though, it just isn't natural progression of storytelling if he's suddenly gone without even a mention, and having such a major character recast is not exactly desirable either

15. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

Harrison Stole the show IMHO ...

16. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
    They could go slightly dark with it, or even just sentimental, by referencing his death as a soldier during Vietnam. Such could even inform Indy with a particular character arc for this final installment.

17. Howard Hand

Feb 11, 2015
    From who?

18. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    Wonder what they'll do about Mutt. From what I heard, Harrison and Shia didn't get along too well on the set of Crystal Skull, so I wonder if they will recast him, or just let him sit this film out.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  19. Doom Trooper

Doom Trooper Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2014
    very excited about the news. Been wondering when Indy 5 would finally be announced.

20. Darthman92

Darthman92 Force Ghost star 6

Feb 24, 2016
    I say they fit with Shia's contemporary media persona and have him gone crazed, his traumatic experiences in 'Nam having led him to becoming a raging skinhead in league with the Fourth Reich who winds up gutting his old man like a fish on his rapier!

Okay, okay. I apologize. I just couldn't resist. I'll try and make a conscious effort to stop making any more Force Awakens related jokes in this thread.

For now anyway ;)

Deliveranze and DavidSword79 like this.
  21. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

from everybody in KOTCS Cate Blanchett did a great job as well!!!!!!!!!

22. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    Huh. Can't say I dislike the notion of Mutt dying in Vietnam. That could be potentially interesting in terms of character development for Indy (and possibly Marion if she's still in it)

23. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    While I understand what they were trying to do with Mutt, I was not a fan of his character at all. I think some of that has to do with Shia himself, in which case, I wouldn't be opposed to a recast if it came down to it. Overall, though, I would prefer if they would find a way to lessen his involvement in the story.

EDIT: I just read the Vietnam thing, and I agree, that is pretty interesting. I could support something like that.

24. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    Huh

Another thing that came to mind

Indy 5: to Shorty or not to Shorty?

TheMoldyCrow likes this.
  25. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I'd like for it to be around 120 minutes.

Seagoat likes this.