main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indy 5 Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Indy 5

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by LAJ_FETT , Mar 17, 2016.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Borrowing an idea from the TFA (and prior SW film forums) - take your place in line and enjoy looking forward to Indy 5 - currently due to hit theaters in July 2019! In deference to your fellow fans please hide any spoilers once they start to appear..

2. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I'll get things started. With the return of Indiana Jones I hope that means the return of Indiana Jones toys. Especially Legos

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    And another Lego Xbox game.

Oakessteve likes this.
  4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'd like to see Funko Pop do some Indy figures (like the SW ones they do). I'd buy a Funko Mola Ram, for example.

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I went crazy when the Indy figures came out last time, but then became extremely frustrated when Wave 2 and beyond were next to impossible to find in stores. I'm not sure if sales dropped off to the point where stores simply weren't reordering, but it was enough to kill my desire to collect them at that point.

This time around, I hope they do a better job with distribution.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  6. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Stores over order the initial waves of Hasbro action figures just before the film came out. There's was so much product left from the first wave of merchandise there was nowhere to put the new stuff. The Lego sets sold well so I'm almost certain we'll at least get new LEGO sets.

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I imagine there will be a novel of the film. What about comics - anyone up for Indy comics? I have a couple of the past ones and they weren't bad. I've also got a few of the non-film novels and they varied. Most were not too bad but not the best thing I've read.

8. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    If they do something similar in quality and size to the Black Series, even if the only figure is Indy himself, I'd be really happy. I'd love for Marvel to put out a new ongoing series, charting the gap between Last Crusade and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Indy has to have had adventures there, and we know he fought in World War II in some capacity, and considering I doubt that period will ever be explored on film because this is "Ford territory," it's ripe for the comic page. I'd also love for them to republish the old Marvel comics from the 80s. A good game would be nice, taking a page out of Uncharted's book.

But really, more than anything, I just want a good movie. Spielberg is synonymous with the experience of going to the movies for me, so I'm looking forward to sitting in a dark theater with Coke and popcorn and being taken on what hopefully turns out to be a great adventure.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Look on Amazon - I know some of the comics were issued in omnibus format since I have a couple of them. Here's what Amazon UK shows.

10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I reserve a place in line. Really looking forward to this and very excited Harrison is back for at least one more film. Now when do tickets go on sale? :p

11. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I have all the Indy omnibuses from Dark Horse comics and they're great. Volumes 1 and 2 cover the Dark Horse comics from the 90s.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dark Horse also republished Marvel's entire run of Indy comics from the 80s in three volumes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All fives omnibuses are well worth picking up.

12. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
  13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I'd definitely be up for some new comics! I've been really impressed with what they've been doing with the Star Wars books so far and would love to see that carry over into Indy.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  14. Doom Trooper

Doom Trooper Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2014
    2019 will be here before we know it along with this final film. Hope it's a great capper for the series and a worthy swansong for Ford as Indy.

15. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    That's cool! [face_laugh]

16. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
    Wait, what am I supposed to do here exactly? Is this just a thread for sharing excitement in general? If so, okay. I'm excited. Look at my avatar, for Ike's sake. Indy's standing on some crates. That = excitement.

bstnsx704 likes this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Share excitement and talk about whatever you want within reason. It's a social thread.

18. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    This will be fun.

19. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Can't wait for this movie, after KOTCS I was sure we'd never see Harrison Ford play the character again and I'm glad that won't be the one he goes out on.

20. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Did anybody read the Find You Fate books as a kid?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My school library had five or six of these back in the late 80s early 90s that I would check out all the time. I would love to see this reprinted with their original cover art.

21. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    I hope they try out another toy line again. Then again, Hasbrouck hasn't been doing all that great recently for franchised besides My Little Pony, Star Wars, and Transformers. Maybe they go through Jurassic World route again and not make anything based on the actual characterd in the movie(s)!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

22. Mace Windu is GOAT

Mace Windu is GOAT Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 13, 2016
    I hope Shia will be in it.

Mr. Forest likes this.
  23. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    I really would love them to do a TV series about his adventures in the OSS during World War Two, similar to how they already did his World War One and aftermath years. Ford couldn't do it, but a Clone Wars type animated series would be fine. Although yes, alternatively, I'd be okay with a comic book series.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  24. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    =P~

25. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I'd really want an animated series to be 2D, with the appearance of the old Fleischer Superman cartoons. 2D just feels "right" for Indy. I think I proposed on another thread (maybe even this one, I'm too lazy to check) that Disney show them in front of their movies starting a year out from release, just to build excitement for new Indy.

Oakessteve likes this.