main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rebelscum Forum Outages/Problems Apr 23-24 2020

Discussion in 'Communications' started by LAJ_FETT , Apr 30, 2015.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Jest a note for those who also visit our sister site Rebelscum - their forums are currently down. Philip and Grahame are aware of the issue and are working on it.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Update - the forums are now up so I'll lock this.

3. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Opening this and upping it - it looks like Rebelscum is having problems again. I've emailed Grahame and Philip.

4. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Looks like we need this again - the RS forums have been down since (at least) this morning UK time. They've been having issues the last few days with adware and the problem is being looked into.

5. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Looks like their forums are back up but since the situation might still exist further outages are possible.

6. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Rebelscum forums will be taking a scheduled outage of at least a few hours at some point today. Grahame (admin) is beginning the process of preparing for their conversion from VBulletin to Xenforo. He will be putting a note on the main Rebelscum page when the process starts so you can keep an eye out there for updates.

7. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Tell him to watch out for truncated posts. :p

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Haha - they aren't at the conversion step yet. This is prep work.

9. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Their migration process will be a hell of a lot more streamlined than ours, seeing as thousands of boards have moved from vBulletin to Xenforo in the past 5 years and there are import scripts written for every software version. We're one of probably only 2 or 3 boards to migrate from IGN/Snowboards, so the guys who did ours had to write the scripts themselves.

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Shame they didn't count above 10,000.

jcgoble3 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  11. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Indeed.

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    For our Rebelscum friends:

PLANNED DOWNTIME TODAY

We are anticipating the site will be offline late Friday afternoon and expected to return in the evening while we do a substantial platform upgrade. The Rebelscum store will go offline at noon and return online in the evening. Times are CST.

Story.

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    A note for those who visit Rebelscum's forums as well as ours - there is a database problem at the moment. The forum main page and sections display fine but if you try to go to an individual thread you'll get a database error page. I've emailed Grahame and Philip about the problem but as they are US-based it might be awhile before they see the email.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    Master_Rebado likes this.
  14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Looks like this one is now fixed. One of the temporary tables had crashed. Luckily it was a fairly easy fix for Grahame.

Master_Rebado and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Looks like the Rebelscum forums are down - I'm getting a database error page when I try to go there. I've emailed Grahame and Philip but it's still dark o'clock in the US so it will be a couple of hours yet til people are up.

Edit - looks like the issue might be affecting TFN as well but at least we are up. Sent another email.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    This has been fixed - it was an issue with the host.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    A note for our RS users - their forums are going to be upgraded to Xenforo 2.x starting later today. Grahame hopes to put the forums into a read-only state and start the migration today (Nov 4) at 6PM ET. This will be a lengthy process as there is a data conversion involved since the forums are currently VBulletin. He hopes to have things back up sometime Tuesday morning or early afternoon ET.

18. Grahame

Grahame Former Server Admin star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012
    The first transport is away, the first transport is away. RS forum upgrade to Xenforo 2.1.4 has begun, next update will be in approximately 12 hours.

LAJ_FETT and Sith-I-5 like this.
  19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Hold onto your butts...

20. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    If it is not at least like this afterwards ....
    [​IMG]
    ...I am really disappointed.

21. Grahame

Grahame Former Server Admin star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012
    Everything running on schedule so far, imports went well now I'm rebuilding the indices (threads, posts, users etc).

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Was just over there - looks good!

Grahame likes this.
  23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I was over there too. All my credit card information was then stolen, my laptop gained self-awareness, and then it drove off in my car with my fiance :(

jcgoble3 likes this.
  24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Well, look at it this way - you don't need to worry about those things anymore.. :p

25. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    That's a really clean look that has a streamline UI.

Grahame likes this.