main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Royal Handmaiden Society: Episode 9: Revenge of the Handmaidens

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Knight-Ander, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Yané of Naboo

Yané of Naboo Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 1999
    Wow! No new posts in two months? I was feeling nostalgic so I logged in. It's a good thing that I will never forget this password (it's ingrained in my brain) as I see that password recovery is no longer available. I'm a little sad though that I'll never be able to log into my other account...

Looking through the past several pages it was good to see old faces (usernames!) I haven't watched the Clone Wars cartoons but I'm thinking I might have to, now. Confession: I haven't really been following SW fandom.

(LOL! I just looked over at my wedding picture and, I can't believe this never occurred to me before, from a distance I sort of look like I'm cosplaying a handmaiden. LOL! Ha, actually, my husband told me I looked like a Sith Lord. Romantic, no? Hmmm, feel free to speculate on what my wedding outfit looked like.)

For old time's sake, I really want to come up with HM name puns or something... but I think we came up with all of them years ago. My fav probably remains Funké. Get Funké!

Still, Yané of Naboo.

2. Jaina_Trickster

Jaina_Trickster Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2004
    I haven't even logged on in quite a while... so it was nice logging on and seeing this thread being revived!

*Thinks about Yané's wedding outfit....... black?*

Hehe, just kidding!

3. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Yané! [face_dancing] Glad to see you here!
    It's a bit quiet...

It's definitely a bummer about password recovery...farewell, old socks.

Now that you've mentioned your wedding pics...hmmm. Did you wear white?

4. 327Nubian

327Nubian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2009
    I, 327Nubian, pledge my full support to ensure that the RHS threads will continue in a fun but clean manner, in order to ensure our respect to the handmaidens whom we admire and adore.

As an official member of this thread, I will give my 100% support in order to make sure that the RHS continues in a fashion that is acceptable to everyone involved.

Because the handmaidens were as tough as they were beautiful.

5. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Welcome to the RHS, 327Nubian!

Make yourself comfortable, have a look around. It's a little quiet around here lately, but some of us pop in from time to time.

6. 327Nubian

327Nubian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2009
    Why thank you ^_^ I think I'll just make myself comfortable out in the courtyard.

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Alright, further to the various information that you may, or may not, have read, I have created a sticky with the most up-to-date information about the Move, as in, for those not in the know, the time-scales for our migration from one server (IGN) to the next.

Please do read this, and keep an eye out for further updates. I shall be updating the opening post periodically (I'll note when).

Happy Reading!

8. Red One

Red One Jedi Master star 1

Jul 7, 1999
    Wow, I still have an account...and can post. Yikes.

9. NabooPop

NabooPop Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2000
    Hey, glad to see the thread made it OK.

10. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Wow, yikes! I need to pay more attention to what's going on around here! :)

11. NabooPop

Jun 19, 2000
    Alas, I don't think we've missed much KA. :(

12. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    *waves* Hello all!

13. Red One

Red One Jedi Master star 1

Jul 7, 1999
    Hello Everybody.

Its been awhile.

Yikes, Lucas sold out!

14. NabooPop

Jun 19, 2000
    Howdy Red! Yup - just wow. First a gigantic superduper-noreaster-hurricane ran over me and now this. As somebody else here said,

15. Lady_Eirtae

Lady_Eirtae Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2005
    Hey, is anyone still around?

16. NabooPop

Jun 19, 2000
    Apparently not. :(

17. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Not nearly often enough, anyway. :)

/waves

18. Dorme

Dorme Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    I, Dormé, pledge my full support to ensure that the RHS threads will continue in a fun but clean manner, in order to ensure our respect to the handmaidens whom we admire and adore.

As an official member of this thread, I will give my 100% support in order to make sure that the RHS continues in a fashion that is acceptable to everyone involved.

Hey all!!
    I haven't been on here in many moons (of Iego lol)- I hope you're all well! [face_love] I just wanted to say... This past winter my handmaiden love was rekindled when I was thinking about the upcoming CVII (which I'll be going to)… So, I started a Handmaiden/Naboo inspired tumblr:

http://handmaidensofnaboo.tumblr.com

To be honest when I created it I didn't think there'd be much interest at all and I'd be lucky to get even 10 people following it… But there are now 122 people following - way more than I ever expected!! It's been neat to see that the handmaidens are still intriguing and inspiring Star Wars Fans. Anyways, feel free to check it out if you like- there is definitely some fandom action going on there. (And Idk how familiar you all are with tumblr so if you need a debriefing of it or how to use it etc, just let me know- would be great to see some of you on there). :)

QueenSabe7 and themetresgained like this.
  19. Lady_Eirtae

Lady_Eirtae Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2005
    Dorme, I have seen that on tumblr.

Is anyone in the group still wanting to talk or what not? We could move to another forum if wanted. Just a thought.

Dorme likes this.
  20. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    I'm theoretically still around, and still handmaiden-ing! :)

Dorme likes this.
  21. Saché of Naboo

Saché of Naboo Jedi Master star 2

Sep 23, 1999
    Hey everyone! If anyone is still around. It's been a really, really, really, really long time and I was feeling nostalgic. The Force Awakens sort of RE-awakened my Star Wars Fandom, if you will, and I was wondering how everyone was doing.

Apparently, I've been gone so long that my user name stopped working. Huh.

Please tell me that you've all been doing awesomely. (I mean, if anyone is around to see this.) I know I have.

22. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Sache!!! I'm still sort of here. :) It is good to hear from you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    So, I see that this thread doesn't get much action anymore and I might be the last poster for a whiiiile, but I HAD to come in and say hello! I had and still have mad love for the lovely handmaidens of SW (ahem, username). Also, I swear I posted in an older version of this thread waaaaaay back when, like '01/'02?... looks quite familiar. [face_thinking] And now I feel old lol. Cheers!

Cleo Jinn likes this.
  24. BenToRen

BenToRen Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 25, 2016
    I, BenToRen, pledge my full support to ensure that the RHS threads will continue in a fun but clean manner, in order to ensure our respect to the handmaidens whom we admire and adore.

Honestly, this thread needs more attention. The handmaidens may not be known for much at first glance to those who aren't fanatics.. but they fight, are brave, are beautiful, are loyal, and are all around awesome!

GentleBant and QueenSabe7 like this.
  25. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001

Agreed! Handmaidens rule! ^:)^

GentleBant and BenToRen like this.