main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Jar Jar One: An Actual Star Wars Story

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Negotiator1138, Apr 6, 2016.

?

Could Jar Jar have a cameo or more in Rogue One?

Poll closed Aug 6, 2016.
  1. Yes, background Jar Jar would be good for continuity between the trilogies.

45.5%
  2. No, fans would vomit on their popcorn.

54.5%
  1. Negotiator1138

Negotiator1138 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 23, 2016
    Would it be too far of a stretch to say that Jar Jar might be in Rogue One? After all, by the end of ROTS, he was always seen with Padme and Bail Antilles, and probably Mon Mothma as well.

That crew was the originators of the rebellion. So I don't think it would be a stretch to say we might see Mothma and Bail, and maybe a glimpse of Jar Jar. He'd be older, and I highly doubt they'd give him lines.

Personally, I'd like to see him in it. Thoughts?

2. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001
    the tone of the teaser trailer suggests that Jar Jar would be out of place in "Rogue One" unless he turns into a more serious character.

3. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I don't really see any need to put him in this movie. I also doubt the film makers, knowing how many people do not like the character (and I know a lot do), will want to put him in this movie.

Sarge likes this.
  4. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    While I wouldn't mind some kind of Jar Jar movie/cameo at some point in some film just to troll the haters, I do not think this is an appropriate film for it.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  5. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    If he's not in it, I will start a riot.

6. Negotiator1138

Negotiator1138 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 23, 2016
    The more I think about it, the more I think that he's gotta be in it. At least in some form or fashion. He was always with Bail Organa! He's gotta be apart of it! They can't literally just erase him from the Star Wars continuity. He is in three movies! and the show!

Lulu Mars likes this.
  7. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Oh man, I hope so. Sure, Jar-Jar is annoying, but definitely not on par with Threepio. I don't get the hate, but I love to troll the haters.

8. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Neither

I'd say "No, as it wouldn't really serve a purpose"

Jar Jar's role is done, and I would quite honestly say that a sentimental part of me wants him to remain in the PT only, cinematically speaking (wtf, "cinematically" isn't a word? ....Well it should be)

Aside from that, didn't Ahmed Best say he isn't interested in reprising the role?

Bloncket and Dandelo like this.
  9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I would love to see Jar Jar some where in the background but I very much doubt he will be. Also I'm not really sure the rebels would really trust him in any kind of leadership position since he is responsible for Palpatine getting his emergency powers.

On a side note I'd love to see how that affected him after the rise of the Empire.

Force Smuggler and Bloncket like this.
  10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Not in Rogue One, in his own spin-off:

Meesa Back: A Star Wars Story

11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    And the sequel Meesa Back 2: Meesa So Smilin To See Yousa Again. :p

Darkslayer, ZodaEX, DBPirate and 5 others like this.
  12. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000

He was in TCW quite a few times, and even played the character in Robot Chicken. If he really isn't interested, he sure doesn't say no to a paycheck.

13. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    No it is, just web browser dictionaries are not always complete. You should right click it and select Add to Dictionary.

14. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [face_rofl]

15. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012
    We can only hope Jar Jar plays a significant role in stealing the Death Star plans. I'm thinking an epic lightsaber duel with Vader eclipsing the Annakin vs Obi lava duel. This would surely hush the Episode 1 critics out there as we'll finally see GLs vision come to fruition....

16. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I thought Jar Jar's fate was determined in this video:

17. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_rofl]

I literally laughed out loud in my office reading these. My coworker had to come check on me.....

*ahem*

...But seriously..........

No.

18. Bloncket

Bloncket Jedi Padawan

May 26, 2016
    :eek: [face_rofl]

Now you've got me doing it.

Thanks. I needed that.

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Jar Jar 2: Electric Bongoloo.

Preferably with Darths Turbo & Ozone.

Bloncket and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  20. Bloncket

Bloncket Jedi Padawan

May 26, 2016
    No Sith lord, Jar Jar - he's a breakdancer in hiding!

I'd pay to see that. Or Meesa Back. Either way.

But in Rogue One... No. He'd be inserted only as another broadside against the prequels.

21. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2016
    Disney execs order reshoots, claiming more levity is needed to temper the war scenes.

There's only one person to call in this situation...

Yousa rang?!
    [​IMG]

22. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    They need a Disney children's spinoff film of "The Gungans meet the Ewoks," starring JJ Binks.

Kenobi1138 likes this.
  23. Kuro

Kuro Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 17, 2015
    No, didn’t you get the memo? He was secretly the real villain all along. In fact, I recently had a conversation with Jar Jar Binks. Here’s what he told me:

“Siamese fighting fish. Fascinating creatures. Brave, but on the whole stupid. Yes, they’re stupid. Except for the occasional one such as we have here, who lets the other two fight while he waits. Waits until the survivor is so exhausted that he cannot defend himself. And then like meesa, he strikes.”

I found the parallel amusing.

Dark Lady Mara likes this.
  24. xezene

xezene Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    He will appear as a Force Ghost, obviously.

25. Keycube

Keycube Jedi Master star 2

Jan 19, 2009
    In all seriousness, as much as I didn't care for him, appearing in a movie like this (with appropriate mannerisms and dialogue) would be a wonderful redemptive exercise for the character. It would be ballsy as hell, making a statement that they can make something so very polarizing work for the masses, instead of running away from it.

Would I LIKE to see him? No. Would it be amazing if they made it work? Absolutely.