main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Info What kind of TV do you have?

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by LeiaBuns, Apr 26, 2016.

1. LeiaBuns

LeiaBuns Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 7, 2015
    Hey there! I was wondering what kind of tv you have? I'm asking because my old 8-year-old tv is going. It's an LED tv but it's black in the upper left corner (as if the LED's went out). I was thinking of something 60 inches. However, I was thinking about 4K (preferably with 3D capability. Yes, I know that's on the way out, but I still love my 3D movie collection).

Should I wait in getting the 4K? Should I look for 3D on the 4K tv? (I have a 3D plasma, but it's old as well). What brand is good? I know OLED's are the best, but they're waaaay too expensive.

What's your suggestion and set up?

Thanks for any input.

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Hard decision.... First I would choose a tv size that fits to the room size / distance to the seats. Otherwise the tv is too big or too small. But better a bit too small than too big in this case. Then I'd go with the second generation of a new kind of tv, since first generations things do often have malfunctions. That's annoyingen, even if they get repaired fast. And at last, I'd read some test reports. That helps to find a good one. :)

3. LeiaBuns

LeiaBuns Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 7, 2015

Thanks. I already know that a 60 inch or 65 inch would work because the room is pretty big. Awhile ago, there was a formula to work that out and that was the size suggested. Also, the LED tv that's starting to go is a 60 inch which is a really good for the room.

Second generation makes sense. I usually wait it out on new tech, but since the tv I have now is starting to go, I figure I'd better start pricing things now.

4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    That makes sense. Better to be prepared instead of getting the feel of the need of "have to buy the next tv I see - no matter, if it's best or expensive". Just in case, it dies before you found a good tv, take a bit time and start reading instead of watching tv. You'll find it relaxing after a short time of being annoyed. ;) That's at least what happens to me. ;)

Btw, quoting of a post right above your own post isn't really needed and make threads harder to read on small screens like smartphones. Tagging helps to create an alert as well. Just as an hint that I usually give out in WNU. :)

5. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    SONY Bravia LCD/LED 55 inch.

Iron_lord likes this.