main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Luke's pet at the Jedi Temple

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by JawaDog, Mar 21, 2016.

1. JawaDog

JawaDog Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 2, 2016
    Hey, I've been drawing all of my life but just started working on an ipad air 2 using Pencil and Paper by 53. This is my first attempt, let me know what you think...

[​IMG]

2. JawaDog

Feb 2, 2016
  3. Amber Kenobi

Amber Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 12, 2016
    Nice. Try not to always use blended colors; that was my former weakness when I began iPad drawing. :)
    You can always use sharper lines....

Otherwise, nice sky & desert!

teamhansolo likes this.
  4. JawaDog

Feb 2, 2016
    Thanks for the feedback! Can you elaborate on what you mean regarding blended colors?

Obi-Wan Catnobi likes this.
  5. Rataz

Rataz Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2016
    I like it. I like the sky. Even better if it had banthas or moisture vaporators or tuskens so that it says star wars all over it.

JawaDog likes this.
  6. Amber Kenobi

Feb 12, 2016
    For example, you are using too many lines in the Tatooine farmhouse. Next time, try putting in the foundation of the house, adding details like the opening, then adding shadows and highlights. Instead you see mishappen brown lines all over the farmhouse. (That is what me drawing hair looked like until I found out the 123 base, detail, shadow trick for faraway objects) Since the farmhouse is far from the viewer's point, try not to add too many details. Anyway, welcome to iPad art. Your sky is very abstract yet still feels at home in the painting. Keep up the good work.

7. JawaDog

Feb 2, 2016
    Thanks, I would love it if you would expand on this 123 trick or point me in the right direction to learn more.

Obi-Wan Catnobi likes this.
  8. Amber Kenobi

Feb 12, 2016
    You're welcome. I'm not a very good artist (I know all good artists say that but seriously, I'm not great) and proportion/scale is very important in the type of drawing you did (faraway objects). I, however, am TERRIBLE at proportion and scale, so try looking at actual photos to see what goes where.

9. JawaDog

Feb 2, 2016
    There's no way Luke is totally alone on the island so in my headcannon he has a pet named Scar-lot. He's a cyclops bird that's a strong swimmer but can barely fly. He doesn't like R2 or Rey for obvious reasons. He likes Chewie. I will keep adding pictures, let me know what you think.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I love the concept behind this. Someone has to be with him since Artoo was left behind. I love to see more.

I'll bring your other art threads together into this one so we can see your previous and new works together :)

11. JawaDog

Feb 2, 2016
    Thanks! I'll keep working on it.

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  12. Amber Kenobi

Feb 12, 2016
    I love that you steered clear of the humanoid body, or a furry creature, which is the model for MANY, MANY sidekicks in the world of SW. Nice work on that last one, with Luke.

13. JawaDog

Feb 2, 2016
    Thanks! I was just thinking of what type of creature would live on that island. He needs to be able to swim and fish to eat and probably needs a small agile frame.

14. JawaDog

Feb 2, 2016
    Here's my latest with Rey!

[​IMG]

15. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Rey keeps taking Scar-lot's perch! :p This is a fun one.

JawaDog likes this.
  16. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I'm guessing Luke will call for a sea serpent-like creature and that's how he travels from island to island.

JawaDog likes this.