main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CE16 Celebrity Guests Announcements

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by jeykey, Jan 6, 2016.

1. KendallByrd

KendallByrd Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2016
    Yes, I mean I love Warwick, but he lives literally 10 minutes up the road from me. I can see him at Waitrose or Tesco!

2. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    Well if they use the same format as every other Celebration they will start to trickle out the Guess announcements and will not have a complete list until the end of june.

3. Luke4soph

Luke4soph Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2016
    Really?! Great still a wait then untill any decent news!
    I was wondering how and if while at celebration if there are any guests who attend that dont attend the autograph hall do they wonder around the convention floor and is it possible to still meet them??
    For example the new cast are there and lets say daisy signs but john doesnt is there a chance of meeting him around the floor anywhere or outside of the convention at all? Has anyone done this themselves?

4. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012

Well, Dave Filoni seldomly sits down for houres and dones a signing like the others at Celebration. He can be seen around the floor and the panels quite often though
    And you mention Daisy and John, they were at Anaheim Celebration but didn't have signing table

5. Luke4soph

Luke4soph Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2016
    Yh thats what i mean so if they appear but dont sign do they go for wonder around the event and give people a chance to meet them and say hello sort of thing, or sign outside of the event goig in and out of cars to and from the event sort of thing?

6. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I don't think its unreasonable to expect some big names, since they are filming not too far away from London. Maybe the delay in announcement could be due to clearing up some space in their shooting schedule?

CaptainRegor likes this.
  7. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    I think Mark Hamill has apperend on just about every Celebration. He was even at the one in Japan! So I'm sure he's gonna be there

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  8. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    The celebrations I went to the big name guests (Mark, Carrie, Daisy, John etc...) hardly if any of them would just walk around. They would get mobbed if they did and you would need alot of crowd control for that. The only way you are going to meet them is if you stood in for their autograph or at one of their panels.

9. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Yeah they usually don't do that. I remember Carrie walking around. Granted she had two "body guards"

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    At the last CE in London (2007) a friend and I were taking a break sitting in the sun on a bench and Peter Mayhew came out for a smoking break and sat quite near us. He had a 'body guard'. We didn't bother him but my friend took a few pics.

11. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012

Last CE was in Germany. Cool story though. Moments like that are neat. I had one similar in Germany. I was sitting outside relaxing and Jango Fett (Temuera Morrison) himself came out and did the same thing. I didn't bother him, but it was cool.

12. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012

I was right! :D

KendallByrd likes this.
  13. KendallByrd

Feb 28, 2016
    Yup, just saw the announcement. Glad too. He and my wife both went to the same high school in Japan, he's the only one she wanted to see.

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yep - I got an email today saying Mark Hamill will be there. Didn't say what days though.

And I met Tem Morrison quite some time ago - 2005, I think - at a Collectormania show in Milton Keynes (UK). I got an autograph and he was nice enough to pose with me so a friend could take a pic.

15. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    That's really cool!
    "small word" huh?

KendallByrd likes this.
  16. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Yay, we've got Hamill! I'm still hoping for more names soon, either old or the new Big Threeâ„¢.

I also expect Rogue One cast. It'd make sense to do some promo for the anthology, considering it's coming out Dec 16th.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  17. Chunkydumb

Chunkydumb Jedi Master star 2

Nov 30, 2014
    Hope Hamill is there all three days. Great to see he's going though

KendallByrd and CaptainRegor like this.
  18. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Oh, don't mind me. I'm just sitting here wainting for a new annoncement related to Celebration Europe...
    [​IMG]

KendallByrd and Chunkydumb like this.
  19. Chunkydumb

Chunkydumb Jedi Master star 2

Nov 30, 2014
    Agreed, I want more announcements.....I need more announcements

20. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012

We crave 'em!

21. KendallByrd

Feb 28, 2016
    I gave up----I'm just gonna show up on the Friday and hope somebody is there! [face_dancing]

CaptainRegor likes this.
  22. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Haha! Seams like the best idea!
    Guest annoncement: KendallByrd is gonna be there on friday!

KendallByrd likes this.
  23. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm actually a bit worried that they are very late with their planning. I was talking to Jeremy Bulloch last weekend, and he hasn't been contacted about appearing yet, even if he assumes that he's going to be there.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  24. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Oh, wow. That's really bad by ReedPop! Don't they know people like to get a heads up?

25. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    That's ridiculously late in terms of asking guests to appear!

I must admit when they announced Florida on May 4th my reaction was that's great but what about the one happening in 2 months?! They seem really behind announcing anything for this one.

KendallByrd and CaptainRegor like this.