main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CE16 Celebrity Guests Announcements

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by jeykey, Jan 6, 2016.

1. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    Yeah! The Star Trek event is doing much better. It's gonna be in october and got what about 20 guests annonced already?

ChrisLyne likes this.
  2. Luke4soph

Luke4soph Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2016
    Yh pretty silly i thought may 4th we might of had a few guest announcements not when the next celebration is!! Get this one out the way first then the next one! They are slacking so bad!!!

DARTHLARS and CaptainRegor like this.
  3. Chunkydumb

Chunkydumb Jedi Master star 2

Nov 30, 2014
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  4. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Probably gonna be very similar to what they did with TFA last year. So if not a trailer at least a second teaser

5. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Carrie Fisher has been announced.

But if you hover the mouse pointer over her picture on the web site, you will see that she is listed only for "Panels", not "Panels and autographing" like Mark Hamill.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  6. Luke4soph

Apr 16, 2016
    Well thats rubbish if she isnt autographing!! Was hoping to meet her and get her autograph on my poster!! Just have to wait and see

7. Aaron Halvorson

Aaron Halvorson Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 13, 2016
    What are the chances that Daisy Ridley gets invited and added to "Panels & Autographing" like Mark Hamill! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! My heart will explode with happiness if she;s invited and get a chance to meet her! Would love to shake her hand!

8. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    I'm going to guess she is going to make an apperance. What she is going to do there I have no idea. She's defintivly getting invited at least

9. Aaron Halvorson

Aaron Halvorson Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 13, 2016
    Very good! Since she lives in the UK, London area, I wouldn't think it'd be too much trouble for her to come. She is the new face of the Star Wars franchise after all. I think for this year's Guest List, they MUST invite fresh faces from the Episode 7 film. Inviting Daisy would of course be an excellent choice! So many diehard Star Wars fans want to meet her, me included of course! :)

10. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Excatly, would be an easy pop-in for her and John!

11. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Little disappointed if Carrie Fisher isn't autographing as I was really hoping to do photo ops with her and Mark Hamill. Still excited as her panel was so funny to watch in the live stream last year so I'll definitely be trying to get in to see her live!

I'm guessing a lot of the legacy cast and new stars depend on the VIII shooting schedule, that might be why Carrie is (at the moment at least) panels only and we've not had as many announcements as we should have so far. Keeping my fingers crossed we can get at 1 panel with the new stars even if they can't all be there for signings. I know the big focus will be Rogue One but I'm still holding out hope that we'll get a little something from Episode VIII. Too early for a teaser trailer but maybe first images of the cast in (new) costumes or something like that.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  12. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012

I argree with everything you just said! Yeah, Rogue One had a precense at the last celebration so Ep 8 will probably have something, albeit not much.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Author Jason Fry has posted over in his Lit thread that he will be at CE. He hopes to be doing some signings but no details so far.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  14. Luke4soph

Apr 16, 2016
    Very dissappinted that there still hasnt been nothing else confirmed for celebration!!! Yet they release more and more about the orlando celebration next year! Quite disgusting really!

15. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Yeah totally!
    I mean they still haven't posted the Celebration Europe "OFFICAL" art on their OFFICAL celebration page or facebook. And the recently annonced Dave Filoni is also not on their official stuff

16. KendallByrd

KendallByrd Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2016
    I downloaded the app and was excited.........opened it and it's all still for Anaheim 2015.........

17. Luke4soph

Apr 16, 2016
    Yh its slacking real bad tbh and for my first celebration attendance im quite shocked at it and its abit off putting tbh! And haha i downloaded that to and done the exact same thingn then realised it was last years lol

18. Luke4soph

Apr 16, 2016
    Dave filoni announced but still only mark hamill has been announced for autographs thats it!!! Not impressed

19. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Filoni was actually annonced earlier today. Celebration was realtivly late with that one.
    As we are in the mood for complaining. As I said earlier today. Celebration's official pages just plain SUCK on updates lately. They are late on everything and some annoncements they don't even have on their pages! You have to go to other sites like starwars.com to find it

KendallByrd likes this.
  20. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    The quality of web site layout, navigation and ... ads on the site do not instil much confidence either. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought that it was a fake site - one of those that copy another site's content for quick ad revenue.

21. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Maybe Lucasfilm should drop ReedPOP and consider other organizers for future Celebrations.

KendallByrd and CaptainRegor like this.
  22. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    There's no excuse for the app not being up to date, but I guarantee we'll get a flurry of announcements in the final weeks before the event.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  23. Chunkydumb

Chunkydumb Jedi Master star 2

Nov 30, 2014

Let's hope.

CaptainRegor and KendallByrd like this.
  24. KendallByrd

KendallByrd Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2016
    I just fired off a pointless email to publicity@lucasfilm.com they have replied in the past.......maybe we all should flood them like crazy people.........lol.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  25. JaHawk

JaHawk Jedi Padawan

May 24, 2015
    Can't believe it's been over a year since I bought tickets. And I can't believe I actually forked out for the pins last week. Star Wars makes you do weird things - especially considering there's very few guests, nor any information on how best to collect autographs at the event. Nor any information on Photo Ops. It's June now, how much longer can they realistically make us wait?

CaptainRegor likes this.