main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode 8 Next Location to be Ireland, Donegal/Malin Head

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Grilled Hutt, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    Really great photos beginning to appear again. Thanks to all and their efforts for giving great satisfaction and excitement to us fans.

And to you Nightangel, you are a legend; you really are a legend. Great undercover work again. For this sort of thing, The Force Awakens belonged to Darth Bruised Lightly and his/her ability to piece everything together. But for number 8, it is you who will go down in Jedi Council folklore. For number 8, you are "The Chosen One" and a powerful Jedi are you.

Now, if only I (and maybe some others) could donate some money to you so that you could buy a digital recording set of binoculars. Hmmmmmm..........

2. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    nightangel great pics! did you see our hero luke?

3. loststars

loststars Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2016
    https://twitter.com/CorkAirport

check out this account for the cast and crew arriving. there's a little video of their SUV's going by. Mark is once again loving everyone (with a small dog), couldn't tell who was in the 2nd one. I would guess Daisy. 3rd is Rian.

Chewies_bandolier and gizka like this.
  4. hab4ever

hab4ever Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2016
  5. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    I think yes, he and Daisy were filming, but it was still 1000 meters away from my viewpoint, so I used binoculars, since cameras were not allowed yesterday. ;)

gizka likes this.
  6. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
    Four cars leaving.

Daisy could be either in the first or the third car.

7. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    as I wrote before, around 20-25 guys standing around or doing something, but no actors or extras, they were tech guys. This place was very crowded with these guys. Someone with filming experience can maybe explain why they need so many techs, I thought a camera guy and a sound engineer are enough together with the director. [face_dunno]

8. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    awesome! was he wearing his new outfit?

9. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
  10. Xinau

Xinau Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2015
    Haha, love that Cork Airport Twitter feed.

loststars likes this.
  11. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Force Ghost star 4

May 8, 2002
    People are going to be so upset when they find out that they are filming the next installment of the Highlander.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  12. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Rain machine?

13. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    during the time I watched it there was no rain machine in action.

not sure since it was still far away and too many people standing there. But if I cought him correctly, it looked more like his TFA outfit, at least in one scene with grey cloak and something white.

14. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    was luke in his black outfit?

15. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    I think it looked black in the evening scene with the fight and effects. But to get an idea what the distance was and what is possible to really see, this is a pic from my viewpoint today after the filming and with no zoom. Yesterday I had the same viewpoint and some binoculars. ;)

[​IMG]

Chewies_bandolier and Jaxxon- like this.
  16. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    thanks what a wonderful experience for you.

nightangel likes this.
  17. AnneNeville

AnneNeville Jedi Master star 4

Feb 17, 2016
    There are separate teams for different departments, so numerous sound techs and light techs in charge of different things. I extraed for TV and one movie and even on that scale there would be four or six PAs. Director, assistant director, director's personal assistant. Costume people and dedicated hair and makeup person for each main actor. Other wardrobe people, often 2 or more, in charge of extras makeup and wardrobe. One tv show had 4 makeup people doing the extras. Crew tracking shots and photographing setups so shots can be duplicated later without continuity errors if needed. Special effects people for the flashes or other machinery. People to follow body can operator to run and handle wire. People to set up and move tracks for tracking shots. Three people to run that kind of camera.

If there were only 25, it was a pared down crew.

18. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    nightangel

Thanks for going the irresponsible route and answering my pleading that you tell your boss to shove it, and then shove off for Ireland.

As Generational Fan says, your JCF legacy is affirmed. Even if you don't have any children or start a new Jedi Order. :)

nightangel likes this.
  19. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    ahhh ok and this explains it and by the way it were indeed more, maybe 30-40, most of the guys standing up the hill and filming more towards the other side, but some also standing down the hill. In the middle up at the hill, there was also a small black tent, open to my viewpoint.

o_O what do you want to tell me? o_O

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  20. shafty

shafty Jedi Master star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    The jetski was probably for health and safety reasons or a lifeguard,if they were filming in the water/cliffs.

21. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    Jaxxon- checked some stuff, I think it was Luke's new outfit, but the pants and the shirt arms are white (hard to tell the difference at evening and from this distance), over the white or grey dress, there was a black tunika like cape/poncho. Black boots.

22. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    sounds awesome dude.

nightangel likes this.
  23. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Are you our official spy?

nightangel likes this.
  24. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014

[face_shhh]

Dark Horse and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  25. shafty

shafty Jedi Master star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    nightangel
    These 'flashes' and special effect lighting you saw.... were any of them green??

Jedi of Baker Street likes this.