main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One Rogue One Toys, Collectibles, Action Figures, etc.

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darth Chiznuk , Feb 3, 2016.

1. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I hope they don't repackage...
    But no big deal for me cause I don't have 6INCH BS DV!

2. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    So a little more on the cancellation of the rogue one comics.
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/05...-the-star-wars-rogue-one-comic-was-cancelled/

We know there were a lot of issues early on. I think there were like 5 drafts. It's a little concerning that the issues are persisting around adaptation time. I'd think that means issues in post and final editing. I'm really starting to wonder if we're going to end up getting the two aliens :(

3. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I don't think it means anything about the aliens.

4. weezer

May 16, 2001
    I didn't make that very clear.

I meant it as two separate comments.

I think the comic cancellation points to changes being made in post, rather than changes made during filming.

That does tie with my concerns about the aliens, but it isn't all of it. My concern there is that the book leak is the only place we've seen them. No figure rumors (even though we've heard about the rest of the crew), no hint of them in the teaser, no previous rumors of them (besides the general comments about aliens in the movie), no leaks from filming (which raises a lot of questions in my mind. Could be that they were going to be digital from day one, could just mean that if they are there they don't make it far). Seems like there are multiple stages of production that we haven't heard about them, until the one book leak, which is clearly "not final" on multiple levels. I'm certainly not definitively saying they're not in it, just seems like there is a lot that has me questioning it now.

5. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Apart from the leak, we do have very strong evidence of some key alien characters. From Gareth Edwards. Not long ago, he noted that he was going for a more realistic look with his aliens, as they have to perform as part of the crew, rather than as background characters.

So that's two pieces of evidence directly from Lucasfilm. And with this leak, I'd say the probability of Bistan and Pao being in the film is very high.

Master_Lok likes this.
  6. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    Lego Rogue One buildable figures:

[​IMG]

7. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Looks like Jyn...gets a hat?

8. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Do you think it's Jyn?

9. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Eh.. I was never a fan of those BIG lego Figs..

10. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    Yeah, they look proper awkward and unwieldy.

B99 likes this.
  11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    You two are being too kind... They're freaking hideous. :p

12. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    The droid is the first of those big Lego figures that I have actually liked. Not enough to buy it, but it looks far better than the others so far.

Mungo Baobab and Krueger like this.
  13. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Yeah, the droid one looks alright. But why on Earth do they keep on doing humans? They look utterly horrible.

14. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I'm just waiting to see the BS figs and box art!!!!!!o_O[face_hypnotized]

And BS VII Luke .. :(

15. Cantina Regular

Cantina Regular Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2016
    I've been collecting 3.75" figures since the mid 90s, I hope the line doesn't get shafted for this film like it did for TFA. (still can't find an unmasked Kylo figure...)

whostheBossk and my kind of scum like this.
  16. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Funnily enough I found one for $20 bucks at a con on Saturday. Didn't buy it but they had a bunch of rare ones. Heck they even had the Black Series malgus.

17. Cantina Regular

Cantina Regular Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2016
    Wow. May I ask what con?

18. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Steel City Con in Pittsburgh. Which is funny cause our stores never get figures. I just recently got Poe and Ren 6 in figures by chance at Toys r us. We have had just Finn and Zuvio for months on end.

19. magmd

magmd Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2003
    At first I thought it may be another new character. Then I saw this yesterday. Its Jyn 4sure.

[​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  20. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Lol. That was actually my first thought as well.

21. Ed_Fett_77

Ed_Fett_77 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 19, 2015
    If they leave the Alien Creatures out because they are CGI, then I'm done with Disney.

22. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Eh...
    It would depend. If they leave them out only because of the fact they're CGI, thats one thing. I think the more reasonable, and likely issue would be that they had high standards for what they wanted them to look like, and how they wanted them presented. If the work in the end wasn't good enough for the director, that is a totally different issue.

It could still be neither. I was worried that they may be cut completely, but then I looked at the figure list again and saw that it does specifically mention alien blaster, so I was less concerned. There could well be reasons for their absence. The most obvious is that they're going to be mostly done in post production and a final, finished look wasn't ready in time for the poster. They could be part of the surprise, something no one is expecting, but happy to get. Could be that they're cannon fodder and they don't end up making it out of the first skirmish they get in.

23. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    what does that even mean?

Krueger likes this.
  24. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    CGI or not, the aliens are still SW characters anyway... So I can safely say that their merchandise will be made when the time comes, maybe a month or so before the release of Rogue One?

And it will good to see the old Stormtroopers back in figurine form... Because most of the ones I see in Toys R Us today are from the First Order - including "Traitor" and the Flamethrowers.

Of course, the one that I'm most looking forward to get is the iconic AT-AT in their new design... They look impressive and menacing during their short appearance in the Rogue One teaser, by the way!

Sent from MillenniumFalcon AI using Tapatalk

25. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Sorry if this is in here somewhere.

I see if you search 'Rogue One Lego' you can see a set which is called 'Eclipse Fighter' which has Dengar & 'Naare' - is this a Rogue One set?