main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CE16 Celebrity Guests Announcements

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by jeykey, Jan 6, 2016.

1. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    Imagine, you've arrived at your hotel. It's the night before the convention. BOOM they finally annonce guests.

JaHawk likes this.
  2. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014

I suspect nerd rage/excitement would engulf London!

CaptainRegor likes this.
  3. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    What if you walk into the con and you see a booth where Daisy Ridley and John Boyega are signing? Completly unnanonced. ReedPop: "Guess we forgot to annonce it" Haha

4. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014

Well ... it'd probably mean the line for those two would be short on the first day!

5. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    So Rogue One will be getting re-shoots this summer. Unfortunately, this might clash with CE, so I don't think the cast will have enough time to attend a con amidst expensive, last minute shooting. Gareth Edwards might bring in a hello video from the shoot or something like that, but if they're making more edits, I'm less confident that Lucasfilm will go ahead and present a new trailer at CE. Perhaps all of this was the reason for the delays?

CaptainRegor likes this.
  6. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Probably a part of it yeah. But still, they got seven other movies to go from and two animated shows.

7. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Yes, it's already been announced that Kathleen Kennedy and Gareth Edwards will be there and do a panel, and that was what I expected of the Rogue One content. I'm still thinking/hoping that there will be a larger focus on TFA, since after all it's easier to talk about something that's already out in the public, and maybe a teaser or so for VIII. Looking back at how it was in Anaheim there was the main TFA panel, and but not much more, and then a Rogue One teaser panel. Of course this has all to do with the programming, but I think the cast of Rogue One wouldn't have been on the list of autograph signers anyway, since they are still too unknown.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  8. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Yeah, that would be fun! As you said, since everyone now can talk about TFA that could lead to some fun panels and stuff... Assuming they get cast & crew from the movie.

9. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    So it's a reaaaaally slow day at work so I checked the this threads equivalent for last years celebration. Apperantly the guest list came up about 1 month before the con. (Anaheim started 16. april and the guest list in the thread is posted 12. march)
    If they keep the same pattern we are going to get a hole bunch of guest annoncements in or within the next to weeks
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/celebrity-guests-announcements.50026695/page-2

10. KendallByrd

KendallByrd Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2016
    Well..............that explains a lot. I guess with R1 reshoots and Ep VIII going on, nailing people down can be tricky, but you'd think they'd make a statement saying as much. Looking forward to it though!

CaptainRegor likes this.
  11. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Ep8 is probably near the end of it's shooting schedule though. Hamill is done very soon perhaps that is the reason they've got him booked already?

KendallByrd likes this.
  12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If all of Hamill's scenes are on the island, they probably filmed them while doing TFA. Access to the island is very limited so I think they would have wanted to get all the footage there and then rather than have to go back. If I recall correctly, the scenes with Dooku in RoTS were shot during filming of AOTC since it wasn't known if Christopher Lee would be healthy enough to returnn for RoTS filming.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  13. KendallByrd

Feb 28, 2016
    Well Hamill and Daisy both posted on social media last week that filming in Ireland had just wrapped and they were headed back to London..........but I think they had additional sets in Ireland so they didn't have to do all the filming on the island itself.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  14. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    So the Rogue One costumes are going to be on display at Celebration. Doesn't need to affect the reshoots, since they do make more then 1 costume per. actor. But it could also mean the actors are free to appear at Celebration. Which would be great "promotional" wise, wouldn't it?

15. Aaron Halvorson

Aaron Halvorson Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 13, 2016
    No kiddin' bro! As long as either Felicity Jones and/or Daisy Ridley show up for Meet & Greets at this year's Celebration that is the only thing I need! Hope it happens! Want to meet them, dying to! Wanna have my picture with Felicity and Daisy! Pretty please with sugar on top! Do you think they'll be invited for Meet & Greets/Signings/Photo Ops? Daisy lives in London and I believe Felicity does too?

CaptainRegor likes this.
  16. Aaron Halvorson

Jan 13, 2016

So you think Daisy will show up at Celebration Europe this year? Since she lives in London it would only make sense! ;) She is the face of the Star Wars universe now! So many diehard Star Wars fans want to meet her so would hope Daisy would take time out of her busy work schedule to come out to Celebration to meet them! :) Wanna give her a hug myself or at very least shake her hand and get a picture with her! :)

CaptainRegor likes this.
  17. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Not me you asked, but I'll bump in with my two cents... Assuming her schedule allows it, I'm betting she'll drop in. And I think that is highly likely.

I really don't have a good guess for what Daisy is gonna do. I imagine her running around. Perhaps she would like to try the signing/photo thing this time around? Both of them are probably gonna be at a panel though.

18. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012

Edit: Changed the reply of the previous post to somewhat match both your comments. Hence this post can be deleted/ignored

19. KendallByrd

Feb 28, 2016
    Yeah I hope the announcements come Fast and Furious on June 15th. Would love to see John Boyega as well since he seems to be very fan friendly and a HUGE fan himself.

OliffWanKenobi and CaptainRegor like this.
  20. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Yeah! Only one more week untill they have to give us something! :D Unless they want to become liers! [face_liarliar]
    (as it says in the FAN QA on starwarscelebration.com "Celebration's scheduled autograph signings will be published one month from the convention")

Edit: I notice the 15th is on a wednesday wonder if they'll do a big "whoop-dee-do" on The Star Wars Show? Maybe spread it over this weeks and next weeks?

21. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Got anything back?

22. KendallByrd

Feb 28, 2016
    They replied within 24 hours the first time I emailed............this time NADA.

23. Aaron Halvorson

Jan 13, 2016
    Right now, all I'd email them back with is Daisy Ridley, Daisy Ridley, Daisy Ridley, Daisy Ridley! I wanna meet her so bad! I wonder how much she would charge for her autograph compared to Mark Hamill's? As well as John if he attends? Would they be above or below Hamill's?

24. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012

*Lucasfilm/ReedPop employee*
    - "I wonder what the good old e-mail brings today!
    - "Daisy Ridley, Daisy Ridley, Daisy Ridley, Daisy Ridley Daisy Ridley"
    - "..."

Seriously yeah it would be really fantastic if she attends!
    It's a good question what she/reedpop would take for her autograph. She is super-popular after the massive sucsess of TFA, but Hamill has that whole legacy-cast thing going for him! I'd guess cheaper then Hamill, but still expensive

25. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Hoping we hear something on the star wars show later today!
    At least, only one more week until the schedule is going to get posted! Soooooo we gotta get some reveals within the next week.
    Or they could just flood us next wednesday

KendallByrd likes this.