main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT What was your favourite toy / figure when you where a kid?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by daveeek, Jul 12, 2011.

1. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    that sucks.

2. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    OUCH! I couldn't live that down.

3. CloneTrooper9000

CloneTrooper9000 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2014

Oh man, I remember getting that for Christmas and feeling like I'd won the lottery!! I had so much fun with that set, especially lily the trash compactor!

Other than that, my favorite toys to play with were the Darth Vader, Greedo and X-Wing pilot Luke Skywalker figures, as well as the Slave One. But nothing beat the Death Star play set.

4. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
  5. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    [​IMG]

I had this Ewok Family Hut when I was very little and I loved it, unfortunately I played with it A LOT and it eventually fell apart.

[​IMG]

When I was older but still technically a kid the Power of the Force AT-AT was my favorite, I still have this and it is in great shape.

6. JediChipKelly

JediChipKelly Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 3, 2016
    The bowl haircuts kids like us had from that era [face_laugh]

7. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Ha fortunately my parents kept my hair pretty short, it curled otherwise so I never had that.

JediChipKelly likes this.
  8. JediChipKelly

JediChipKelly Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 3, 2016
    Same with me, but if I dug out my Elementary School pictures from 1st or 2nd grade, there would be alot of bowl haircuts from my classmates. Of course nothing is worse then girls with big hair in the mid 80's.... :eek:

9. sith_rhino

sith_rhino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 9, 2007

I complained to my father just last week about all of the SW spaceships and playsets he got rid of. Luckily, he did hold onto all of the action figures, though, and now they are in my closet. :)

JediChipKelly likes this.
  10. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Not necessarily a toy but the Christmas after Star Wars came out, my mom stuffed my stocking with about a dozen packs of the red band SW trading cards which I thought was totally awesome which in turn pissed my dad off to no end since he was in charge of getting the big presents that went under the tree.

sith_rhino likes this.
  11. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
  12. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Can't let this thread go un-posted for too long as we always need to remember something new from our childhood.
    I am so glad no one (that I know of) got rid of my figures and it was just me losing them since that's what kids do, however........

What if we could go back to the time period of '77-85, what day or date would you pick and what figure or figures would you save? My choice would be '78 and buy all those Early Bird kits as well as stock up on all the figures. Realistically it would be to look for our old figures/vehicles/play sets/weapons/accessories/parts and all pieces we could find!

So happy I managed to keep 15 figures from the Vintage line who are proudly displayed now.

I would think we share this dream and we could go back to not even buy all the new toys and keep in mint condition in package, but go back and search through the sand box, yard, or house one more time to see what we could find....

13. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    An Imperial Senate Guard (aka Alderaanian Guard) and a black Imperial Security Guard I handcrafted by repainting and modifying the grey "Death Star Commander". :)

The overall diversity and quality of the original action figures could / should have been much better, I'm really glad we eventually got the Hasbro line of action figures which faithfully reproduced all the different uniforms and (Rebel) pilots. [face_dancing]

14. YorksEisleyian

YorksEisleyian Jedi Knight

Dec 27, 2016
    Sometime after ROTJ Kenner offered the Emperor figure as a sendaway offer here in England so being the Star Wars nut I was I sent for him. When he arrived I was very happy but something was niggling at the back of my mind, I needed to do something with him. I became obsessed with making my own throne for him just like the one he sat on in the second Death Star but how could I make it? Easy, my 7 year old brain thought, I'll simply construct it out of some empty cigarette packets from my Grandma. In my mind it was all so simple to make but in reality, and the fact that I was the worlds least practical child (and adult), led me to encounter many issues. I thought I would somehow be able to simply open up the flip top lids of the packets and arrange them in such a way that a throne would magically appear, boy was I wrong about that. I would turn the empty packets round and round in my hands desperately trying to transfer the patterns I saw in my head to these actually rather useless, and inflexible, arrangements of card and silver foil. You know, I never did complete that throne for the Emperor and he never did find anywhere to sit down. I'm also rather embarrassed to say that I still have those empty cigarette packets and they are still waiting to be transformed into a magnificent chair for the Emperor, one day I'll get there I know I will. Hey, that gives me an idea what if I just turn this that way and glue that bit there and...

(This is a true story and for those that are interested in these kinds of things the brand of cigarettes in question were Craven "A").

15. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Ha, its never to late for our dreams to become reality. I would take a few of those packets and stack them in a theater seating diaroma cutting where needed and have the Emperor sitting at the top most packet (chair). All painted black of course.

...or you could just buy the POTF2 cinema scene with Vader and Luke and use that chair.

16. Dr_Cthulhu

Dr_Cthulhu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2015
    SlashMan and whostheBossk like this.
  17. MidKnighT

MidKnighT Force Ghost star 4

May 23, 2005
    Falcon, AT-AT, and X-Wing were my favs.

18. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    One pick to save would be an unopened Star Destroyer Bridge. I've been putting money aside to buy a boxed one in reasonable condition. Doesn't have to be AFA graded, which would be pretty expensive, just good enough to put in an acrylic case and preserve. It was my favorite vehicle because it doubled as a playset. Loved the turret gun, Vader's meditation chamber and the holographic Emperor display.

19. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    I have a white armored Boba Fett action figure and I have to say that's my favorite. I really like a lot of my old action figures though.

Iron_lord likes this.
  20. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    The old vintage figures are the best. My original 15 that I still have are my favorites including R2D2 and C3PO as my top two. One playset I had as a kid that was repurchased was the. Dagobah and Jabba the Hutt. For vehicle since I didn't have the Falcon, I got to say X-Wing.

thejeditraitor and Viper78 like this.
  21. ForcePushUp

ForcePushUp Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 19, 2016
    My Lego Death Star is my favorite.

22. Darth Voorhees

Darth Voorhees Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2017
    The Dagobah system was a fav.

23. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    As far as classic figures, probably the Darth Maul figure from Power of the Jedi, the one with a red-lining to his costume. He was super posable and had a bunch of action features. Favorite Lego set would have to be the collector's Naboo Starfighter released around AOTC.

24. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    Hard to pick a favorite. Probably had to be the stormtrooper and all its variations from the Snowtrooper to Boba Fett (even though he had no link at the time). The stormtrooper legions really make Star Wars feel like Star Wars.

Vader probably would have been, but the cape and proportions were just so wrong.

25. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    Vader. Sometimes.

I always wondered why they never released a version with a cloth cape. They gave ROTJ Luke one.

Jester J Binks likes this.