main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Even More Magniloquent New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Dec 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. littlepadawan91

littlepadawan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016

Huh.

I have info too, guys: Daisy Ridley will have a fair amount of screentime.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  2. Ryan Hunt

Ryan Hunt Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 11, 2013
    That is a good point that I haven't thought much about. Imagine after TPM or ANH if those characters were the only ones we'd see for the next two in each trilogy. Can't wait to see what they have in store for us!

3. Evetssteve10

Evetssteve10 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 21, 2015

Lukes actions.... Hmmmm... Tells Rey to kill.... Sacrifices somebody knowingly......shows no mercy to his opponent......just spit balling here peeps. Maybe he learns at the temple that in the very beginning there was no light side/dark side and that its all just one thing and these 2 sides were created by "men with motives" sort of like religion ( I'm a Catholic so I'm not even trying to go there ). I definitely feel like whatever answers Luke is seeking from the temple will play a big part in things. Maybe the force was never meant to be so white and black but Grey.

Darth Caliban likes this.
  4. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Luke dies.

DarthIshyZ and Satipo like this.
  5. Evetssteve10

Evetssteve10 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 21, 2015

Confirmed Luke loses both eyeballs and falls into a pool of acid while screaming from my point of view it doesn't burn that bad

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  6. All_Powerful_Jedi

All_Powerful_Jedi Force Ghost star 4

Sep 12, 2003

I would think that the obvious way for Luke to "go" would be to vanish like Obi-Wan did in ANH. That way, he's "dead" to put over the new generation of characters, but can still be around. And he'd likely be a lot more involved as a ghost than Obi-Wan was since Hamill is probably more enthusiastic about playing the role.

They could even take a bit from Lucas' original ROTJ script and have Luke return from the netherworld in a physical form, like Obi-Wan and Yoda did. That's on the table as a possibility since they like using some discarded Lucas ideas.

Luke can always come back as a character in other forms, since they're already doing that with Young Han. Disney is going to milk this franchise dry with possibilities and things we once considered fan fic, just now licensed fan fic that's "canon."

7. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    It's actually really easy to work around the age thing, just don't have them in action-heavy parts moving forward. Leia has a political career, and Luke is mostly the "wise sage" giving advice, but leaves it to younger Jedi to do the actual "field work." There, that was really quick and easy to explain, no need to automatically kill them off.

8. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    It's not just an "age" thing.....Hamill and Fisher may not want to do more SW films beyond 9, at which point your reasoning is moot.

9. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    Sorry.

DarthIshyZ and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  10. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I wasn't a big fan of Carrie's performance in TFA. And I think she's a really interesting person.

In some ways, the performance was better than I'd hoped, but still there were moments when it seemed the whole thing was on the verge of falling apart or too stiff.

Directors and writers take note of those things, and it is probably the real reason, if true, that Leia is in a coma for a large portion of the film.

It's a tricky situation because I'm sure they'd love to have Leia confront Kylo at some point. But the end result actually may not be desirable.

At the very least, I doubt Leia is ever given the focus that Han was. Or Luke will.

11. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013

[​IMG]

12. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    There's really no reason to kill off Leia. Maybe reduced screen time, but really why would she have to die or be killed? It would almost distract from the plot and give her character TOO MUCH importance at this point. Luke on the other hand...I don't think they will kill him off, but and this is a big but, if they really wanted to raise the stakes for the second half of 9 and show that it's all on the shoulder's of Rey to take down Kylo and Snoke, then they could kill off Luke. But again, I don't think they will.

13. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    Vergere was right at all

Seriously, i could see that happening.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  14. arjank

arjank Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2015
    This guy contradicts himself (see bold text below) so take it with a grain of salt, secondly, who (besides the cast) is able to actually see and read the script to know if Luke will not be revealed as Rey's father?

Mr_Ghostface_Lives said:
    Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill are back and more prominent, Ford is gone.
    Looks like Han is gone. Luke and Leia have larger parts in Episode VIII. Luke's actions at the end of the script will surprise some people.

I know, it's a very long time to go yet, but the script has been seen.

There are also a fair few new characters, so once you've seen TFA don't think the next movie will only revolve around the survivors.

December 16, 2015

Mr_Ghostface_Lives said:
    Two facts from the script for Episode VIII...
    First of all, Luke is not Rey's father. If you really can't let go of this, watch Episode VII again and pay attention. He is not revealed to be her father in Episode VIII, not will he be in Episode IX.

The second, and more exciting one, is that Leia uses the Force in Episode VIII. It's unfortunately true that they've minimised her screen time by writing her out after an attack early on, but the really cool thing about the sequence is that Leia survives only because she uses the Force. That's all the detail you're getting, but it's a fact.

I appreciate the need for evidence, but come next year, you'll know it's correct.

June 8, 2016

nightangel likes this.
  15. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    It's quite possible that there have been some changes between those reports.

16. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    hmm nothing here sounds like someone with actual sources. Just take the part 'Luke's actions at the end of the script will surprise some people'. We had before this statement 'Luke will save the day in the end, but in a bad way. He has changed'.
    These are just a combination of old rumors that someone else leaked before. The Leia in coma leak was also before this guy brought it up. [face_dunno]

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  17. arjank

Feb 17, 2015

Small changes yes, but not something huge like Leia being in coma and therefore not having any real screentime in VIII.

nightangel likes this.
  18. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    you remember there were bigger rewrites this year....hmmm, no idea. [face_dunno]

19. arjank

Feb 17, 2015

Maybe.
    The point is, they keep this whole mystery box around Rey's parentage closed, which means it's really important or it's just complete misdirection (as mentioned many times)

nightangel likes this.
  20. Dame sans merci

Dame sans merci Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2016

I suspect that the rewrites may have largely involved giving Poe more to do. I mean, Rey and Finn are the leads. I can't imagine they were short of screentime. But the guy originally slated to die in TFA who then turned out to be very popular? Yeah, I can see how they'd maybe shift focus from Leia (and Laura Dern's character) to focus more on Poe's rise to top of the resistance.

But that's pure guesswork.

I mean, as always, these are just 'sources', there's no 100% here. We won't really know for sure about anything until we're sat watching episode VIII in the cinema. But we have a loooong damn wait, so there's no harm in bringing any possible scraps to the table.

21. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    All I can say is that this guy was clearly reliable as having some kind of insider knowledge in the run up to TFA - I'd have to go way back to run through his reports but I remember that he and Plaid Harvest were definitely worth paying attention to. At some point, rumours will back up previous rumours - because some will be rumours from differing sources on the same details. What you then need to assess is how reliable the source of the rumour has been in the past. Also, it's worth remembering that 100% accuracy on ay of this stuff is highly unlikely. Broad strokes, sure. Exact context, not so much, going by past experience.

Jedi Jessy, HanSolo29 , TK327 and 4 others like this.
  22. arjank

Feb 17, 2015
    Loooooong damn wait for sure [face_waiting]

DarthIshyZ and nightangel like this.
  23. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Isn't it the same guy who said Finn was Lando's son?

24. arjank

Feb 17, 2015

He was the guy told that Finn was Lando's son

nightangel likes this.
  25. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    He also came up with info that checked out. Like I said, details may be off - and virtually every source was off when it came to identities and key beats - but he is, IMO, worth paying attention to, whilst obviously taking with a pinch of salt - as all these reports should be. But yes, factor in the inaccuracy of Finn as Lando's son as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.