main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Even More Magniloquent New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Dec 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    Yeah, I think when he said "He is not revealed to be her father in Episode VIII, not will he be in Episode IX" just mean whatever happen in VIII proof Luke isn't her father

2. Turinsd00m

Turinsd00m Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2014

THIS. I agree that the two not sharing a direct blood bond, but instead choosing to be there for one another leaves room for the best emotional interaction. I just posted the following theory as to why I believe Rey isn't Luke's daughter and how TFA backs that up. It was posted in the Daisy Forum but since it's being discussed here as well:

I definitely think there are supposed to be parallels between Rey and Anakin, because I believe they are both born of the Force and stuck on a back water desert planet against their will. I do not believe- however- that Rey is Anakin reincarnated. She's going to have her own birth mother who wasn't related to Shmi after all. I think in order to make the GFFA larger and more interesting- and to give Disney the ability to continue making interesting film plots in perpetuity- the "Chosen One" prophesy needs to be used to pull more families into these Hero tales and not just exclusively tell the tales of the Skywalker clan. Don't get me wrong, the Skywalker descendants should continue to play roles moving forward but they can't continue to be the well-spring from which all our hero's and some of our villains arise. Just like the SIth can't be the only source of Darkside users that would turn our heroes to works of evil. After all, even with different birth mothers involved, the chosen ones are still all related to the Force by blood as well- so they continue to be kin in that respect.
    The Darkside users will continue to attempt to trump the natural order using the Darkside, and the Lightside will continue to create heroes born of the Force to counter balance this threat. Snoke's injuries have something to do with experiments into these unnatural abilities for sure, and Rey is the Force striking back against him.
    Luke is not Rey's father, but he is blood related to someone born of the Force, so there is Force infused blood bond between the two still. So, we have a connection there between them without cramming too many OT heroes with lost kids into TFA at the same time.. Now, the film appears to paint an opposite picture but I think there are subtle hints that support this theory:
    1. Look at Rey when she appears in her voice vision as a child on Jakku. It's been assumed we are seeing her being left behind on Jakku by her family, supposedly after a massacre at the Jedi academy where she was prior to that. The assumption being that she was left on Jakku to keep her safe and out of sight. But, look at the image closely:
    [​IMG]
      • She is not dressed like a space fairing child- nor is she dressed like a Jedi young-ling. She is dressed like a poor desert dweller. Hinting to me that she already lives on Jakku when we see her in this scene, not that she's just getting dropped off..
      • Rey doesn't remember her family at all in TFA, she just knows they left her there and she hopes they will come back for her eventually. This child looks old enough to have retained at least some memory of her parents prior to getting dropped off- if she was this age when she was dropped off, but not if she was dropped off at a much younger age.
      • She appears to be maybe 8 years old at the most here??? If her family dropped her off after Ben turned and slaughtered Luke's new Jedi then she would have been at least 13-14 years old during the drop-off since Ben still had not turned during the events of the Bloodline novel which takes place only 6 years before Rey runs around as an 19 year old in TFA. A 13-14 year old is going to remember her family in detail.
    2. This would mean that Rey's Force vision isn't showing her a path relating to the Skywalker family and her part in it, but rather it is showing her the path of the Saber itself. ​
      • We see her on Bespin because the saber went there, we see her after the massacre because the saber was there, we see her fallen before the KOR because the saber will end up there if she takes it, and we see her on Jakku because the saber was there as well.
      • We could possibly see her on Jakku in the vision because Luke and/ or Ben went there when scavengers found the Bespin Saber( and maybe some other Jedi relics ) in the wreckage of an Imperial Ship or in the secret Imperial Research Center that is supposedly on that planet. Perhaps young savaging Rey even finds it which is why Luke and/ or Ben would wind up having an interaction with Unkar so they could buy it off him.
      • Perhaps the one or both Jedi sense Rey's potential, but for some reason they can't/ won't free her from the grip of Unkar the way that Qui Gon Jin was able to free Anakin from Watto in TPM... sort of exploring the question of "what if Anakin wan't rescued in TPM".
      • Rey senses her connection with him/them but she doesn't understand it, perhaps making her feel like they can at least take her to her family, so she pleads for them to some back when they finally have to leave.
      • This would mean that the rain scene in that same vision could be a future reveal, and not a past reveal of an academy massacre. It't the Force showing her a possible future she would encounter if she takes possession of the Saber.
      • Perhaps we are not seeing Kylo kill some villager or Jedi in this scene but rather we are seeing Kylo dispatch one of his own KOR when he steps out of line and almost kills Rey without waiting for Kylo's order. Remember, if the rumored Ahch-to rain battle between Luke, Rey, Kylo and the KOR is accurate, and these events supposedly take place right where TFA leaves off, then Kylo's appearance on Ahch-to would be against Snoke's orders at the end of TFA- since Snoke wanted Kylo to return to him to complete his training before going to face the Jedi. This means that Kylo showing up on Ahch-To is going to be the Darkside equivalent of Luke rushing off to Bespin in the middle of Yoda's attempt to train him. Unlike Luke, Kylo is going to be in an insanely emotional state at this point, having been scarred and embarrassed by losing again to the scavenger and having the SB destroyed on his watch. This would push him to that point of easily killing one of his own who gets between him and his personal revenge kill. When I look at this image, I see a guy who looks like a brute who is looking going for the kill, not like a hero who is valiantly defending an academy. Maybe the rumored exploding hut comes when another of the KOR shoot a rocket/ toss a thermal detonator at it. Luke and Rey get out just in time but the explosion throws her to the ground like we see her lying when the KOR finally appear in the vision.[​IMG]
    3. Remember Maz's line after the Force vision: "Dear child. I see your eyes. You already know the truth. Whomever you're waiting for on Jakku... they're never coming back... But... there's someone who still could."
    • Maz is telling Rey that someone else could still come back for her. just not the family that left her there. Someone else coming back for her means that someone else had to leave her behind in the last that wasn't her family that originally dropped her off.

3. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013

I see what you are saying, but feel that the idea of "choices" would best have applied if they had more story for Rey in TFA. Choices based on the fact that she was abandoned or other such declared life situations would have made for a more emotional story moving forward. They left a lot of that out as if to create suspense for who she is rather than the choices she will make. That's what was emphasized in TFA. The story in TFA centered around where Luke is and who Rey is. The two themes were coupled together.

Maybe that poster knows, maybe he doesn't, but it shouldn't detract from anyone's thoughts on what might happen.Far too soon to do that.

4. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
    TFA makes suspense about Snoke too: we don't know who he is or whatever happened to him and Ben.

5. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I don't think anyone is saying its a good idea to take Mr Ghostface's posts as gospel. More that they are worth factoring in when considering the range of rumours that will no doubt come about before 8 is released.

6. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Yeah better not to take everything he says as gospel, especially when new reports already contradicts earlier reports. Does this mean everything he says is wrong? no. Like with MizzleWhump, he probably will got some things right and some will be way off the mark. Plus the movie is still comes out in one year and a half, I'm sure when we get closer to the release we'll have some legit rumors.

7. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
    "Pablo Hidalgo ‏@pablohidalgo 7 de jun
    @anthonytaylor_ @KenWannb @SWMegafan @ManaByte Some of it [about the treatment Lucas developed] is in the Art of Book. Skyler. Thea. Darth Talon. Felucia.

Ken W ‏@KenWannb 7 de jun
    @anthonytaylor_ @pablohidalgo @SWMegafan @ManaByte Hey Anthony, do you know who Skyler and Thea are in the art book? Just scoured it. ???

Pablo Hidalgo
    @anthonytaylor_ @KenWannb @SWMegafan @ManaByte One evolved into Rey. The other into Finn.

Alberto Sanz ‏@Skysawyer 7 de jun
    If one evolved into Rey, George plan included Anakin's grandchildren, and Daisy said Rey's origin had not changed...

Pablo Hidalgo ‏@pablohidalgo 8 de jun
    @Skysawyer You're assuming a lot there. :)"

Looks like "Rey is Luke's daughter" is the new "Snoke is plagueis"

Darth Caliban, RobbyV and MeBeJedi like this.
  8. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Apart of the way the lightsaber reacts to her, I don't see anything that points to Luke being Rey's father. Certainly not in the books released, at least.

9. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    I will say, personally, that I can see a pathway where Rey is a Kenobi through a tangential relation. There're some subtle hints. I can kinda see it in a grand theme sense. However, I don't really see how making a Rey a Kenobi really adds anything to the story in a micro sense.

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Maybe Daisy Ridley can do an impeccable Alec Guinness impression? However, so can I, so why the hell wasn't I cast as Rey??!!

11. Ed_Fett_77

Ed_Fett_77 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 19, 2015
    Turinsd00m... I always thought that Kylo Stabs one of his own Man in this Vision, to save Rey.

12. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    According to Pablo, he's stabbing a clan leader of a village, not a KOR.

13. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah, I didn't think the fellow was a KoR because he wasn't dressed like a Robocop villain.

14. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    He is credited as a KoR though.

15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think they admitted that the credit was a mistake though.

16. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    So, you don't like his information, so he should be nabbed?

Satipo likes this.
  17. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Maybe he's a KOTR fanboy, and Kylo killed him because the promises of KOTR III are too much for him to bear?

18. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Ah...

19. MotherNature's SilverSeed

Feb 4, 2013
    In my mind, the "unthinkable" would be Disney traveling down the dark path and killing Mark Hamill.

20. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I was falling asleep last night when the two ghostface posts were being compared as some kind of contradiction, and I wanted to point out that this is not actually the case. It's not a contradiction to say that Carrie has more screen time in E8 than she did in E7 but that this increased screen time was itself minimized by Leia's coma.

21. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    I'll have to watch again, but to me it seemed like Rey was just watching that scene unfold and was not actually a part of what was happening at that moment. She was just a fly on the wall.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  22. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    She was watching flashbacks I thought.

23. MotherNature's SilverSeed

Feb 4, 2013

_______________[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gay.

Luke's gay.

Gay, gay, gay, gay, gay.

Given the choice, The Last Jedi--Luke Moishe Skywalker--would prefer the company of a GFFA man.

Or male if he's an alien.

HOMOSEXUAL LUKE SKYWALKER

If you disagree with this theory then you hate Luke.

[​IMG]

24. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    John Williams said this in a new Variety article: "If I can do it, I certainly will. I told Kathy Kennedy I’m happy to do it, but the real reason is, I didn’t want anybody else writing music for Daisy Ridley"
    http://variety.com/2016/film/spotlight/john-williams-afi-1201792072-1201792072/

It also mentioned that he'll begin work on Ready Player One in November an unusually early time, boding well for the lack of scheduling conflicts with VIII. It also means that there's a possibility we could get three new Williams scores (VIII, Ready Player One, and the religious courtroom drama, The Kidnapping of Eduardo) within the span of half a year.

25. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
    Probably we'll know where did Maz get that lightsaber and why she keep it (Maz could tell to Luke or Leia "hey, I found Anakin's lightsaber!").
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Revanfan1, Baron_Papanerd and Dra--- like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.