main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming SW Card Trader

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darthmaul208, Jul 13, 2015.

1. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Anyone else collecting The Phantom Menace cards?

choccy likes this.
  2. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Me, so far 16 so only another 12 to go!
    TPM is maybe my favourite sw film so I'm trying to collect the lot.
    Not quite sure if to go for the red smugglers den set uet, I don't know. I will see.

Uhm, the droid set last week was stupid and crazy. I hate what happened.

Basically I tried to hunt down the last three cards I needed but ended up running into dozens of accounts that had been left untouched, so they must have joined at the release of Series 3.

It is a joke that certain droids then became so rare because casual/try it out accounts have these cards sitting there.
    I put in several trades.

Someone wanted a Teal Battledroid which I had a dupe of and gave 6 orange droids, with 5 minutes to spare I didn't hesitate and accepted. After I thought he needed them for his orange award card so went to trade them back but discovered they were dupes.
    So what do I do with them? Give them back in exchange for something I need? -Leia's weapon and Luke's Lightsaber award card? Or keep them?

Fifteen minutes after the award time someone accepted one of my trades, completing my Teal set but too late for the award.
    Did they do this on purpose I wonder?

Topps really messed the droids set up and the odds just kept getting higher. It was ridiculous.

3. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    I lucked out at the last minute getting the last two bad feeling cards I needed. Ended up getting one through a trade for a dupe and the other for 2 green base cards... just in time for the award. My app was running slower and slower and I didn't think I was going to get it as I had to clear the data and then couldn't sign back in! Finally got signed back in 3 minutes before the cutoff to see my trades were accepted :)

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  4. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Been a while, I'm up to do some much-needed trades, so here I go. The username on SCWT is EWOKPOET.

I need the following:

Locations: Endor
    Leia and Wicket in YELLOW. I normally buy the bundle, but I may not be able to until my next paycheck is in.

Modernography
    Whatever I may not have in RED.

Movie Picture Cards
    Whatever I may not have in GREEN.

SWCT Revisited
    Whatever I may not have in BLUE

The Phantom Menace
    Whatever I may not have

I am offering grey Modernography, dupes of brown Endor stuff, dupes of Movie Picture Cards, dupes of TPM dupes of blue and singles of green SWCT Revisited. I also have some stray graffiti splater, but I'm not giving away the Leia and Wicket one.

In fact, I would be open to giving you one of Valentine's droids cards for Leia and Wicket graffiti in colour. :)

Hoarding: Malakili from base series 3 and Dasha Promenti from the TFA base series 3. At this point, white only.

Thank you. <3

5. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    I'm just missing blue Poe for Revisited. I have a spare Finn and a couple greens to trade.

Ewokpoet, I'm not sure which red moderns you're missing, but I don't have em unfortunately. Just have a few reds for trade there, went after gray on my main account and completed red on youngest daughter's account (RMFF).

6. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Ewok Poet

Sent a trade for three TPM for you to nearly complete your set. In return I want a spectrum card.
    Hopefully that helps you in completing your set.

Anyone else, still have a few TPM dupes for trade.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  7. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Accepted. Thanks and enjoy your spectrum. :)

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  8. choccy

choccy Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 18, 2004

I got some dupes.

9. choccy

Apr 18, 2004
    Guys if anyone is interested im selling my account as i no longer have enough time to keep collecting.

10. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Selling it? For what?

Enough time? Just log in everyday and pick up a pack. I know people who do that, and don't even trade.

11. choccy

Apr 18, 2004

What do you usually sell things for?

12. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Republic Credits.

Money I guess.

Through PayPal?

13. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

If you're selling on Tatooine, your Republic Credits are no good here. They need something more real...like Wiuppi.

I'll give you 14 wiuppi for your collection! lol

choccy, Ewok Poet and Darthmaul208 like this.
  14. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    The gray TFA modernography award is now my rarest card as only 750 accounts collected them all in gray vs the 2000+ that completed red. It just edged out my Rey die-cut that has a count of 756.

What is your rarest card?

15. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    The green Death Star Locations award of the Death Star getting ready to do it's thing...CC of 487.

I also managed to pull an 8-bit Valentine Chewbacca. CC 650. It's totally locked.

16. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Uhm well it would be the silver TPM card "The Apprentice Revealed". I got this in the regular pack at 1 :100 odds and it has a total card count (assume that is what you mean by cc) of 250.
    I don't put any money into the game but have managed to make a fair collection up.
    It is more fun that way, than to just buy every variant. There's tonnes.

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  17. choccy

Apr 18, 2004
    Those mini-cards are just ridiculous and the price absurd!

18. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

I think you can replace "mini-cards" with many offerings in this app. For me it's any sort of base variant, price bundle, or card over 1:50 odds.

Also, if they turn off the comments in the transmission post, you know that they know it will be full of snark and negativity.

On the flip side, I like the free laser burst cards, Endor Locations, Making of Monday. Topps Choice weirdness, and 70s Pop grooviness (even if their choice of subjects for artwork is a bit puzzling sometimes).

choccy and Darthmaul208 like this.
  19. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Anybody else having a devil of a time pulling the Written By cards? At 1:10 odds, I'm definitely "beating the odds" since I've opened 30 packs and not pulled a single one. Ugh. I guess I'll just make do with the 2 I pulled in my fourth pack before they "fixed" the odds. More like "toppsed up" the odds...

he-guy likes this.
  20. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I thought you couldn't open any more until 24 hours after you got one? I got 2 in my first pack but can't open any more yet....

21. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

...it was my wife's account. ;)

cubman987 likes this.
  22. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    No, not collecting them. Haven't been collecting anything since TPM series. I went for the Pink base variant pack to get an Eeth Koth, got it after 95k.
    Nothing really enticing at the moment so just saving credits. At 275K at the moment.

There seems to be variants everyday and it's just not fun. I don't mind but there's nothing to collect.

I keep missing the Laser Burst red because they release them at silly times. If they even remember!

23. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

If you have a Twitter account, I highly recommend following SWCT_Info https://twitter.com/swct_info as she tweets out when new sets drop, when variants (like the Laser Burst red) are available, and other fun stuff. I wouldn't still be doing this app without her notifications. Her tweets are how I was able to get the set of 70s Pop.

I'm excited for the Concept Slugs...but those seem to be slower than a slug now. Oy.

choccy likes this.
  24. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    No, I don't do the whole twitter thing (or any social media). I gess it would be helpful but I can live without it. I just have a busy hectic lifestyle and Topps just do what they like with the schedule. Nothing wrong with that, I just move on.

25. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    @DieWompRatDie @cubman987 @he-guy @Ewok Poet @choccy

Are you all still playing the game?

I've mostly been sucked in with the Laser Burst Teal Chase, it's been tough sometimes-Chase 18 for instance was bad because Topps had 8 cards released instead of the usual 5 and then didn't put Anakin in originally-
    That's been going on for ages it seems and they still haven't done. One Chase 22 now.

The Power Box looks okay, brought a few but I just have been doing the Teal Chase.