main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CE16 Celebrity Guests Announcements

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by jeykey, Jan 6, 2016.

1. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    Ya'know, I'd actually really like to see Hayden Christensen appear at one of these in the future. Preferably with Ewan McGregor I'd imagine that would be an awesome panel/fan photo shoot!
    Ewan is probably to "busy" but if he is to return as Obi-Wan they would probably get him there. And Hayden seems to be somewhat returning to the public-eye after doing all the publicity for "90 minutes in heaven"

2. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I'd love to see Hayden as well, but I feel as if the current marketing climate from SW is about forgetting the PT and stick to the safe OT tie-ins.

KendallByrd and CaptainRegor like this.
  3. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Saw this on twitter
    [​IMG]

KendallByrd and SensationalSean like this.
  4. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    This is getting crazy. It's just over 4 weeks away and we know practically nothing!

That said, the new VR thing they posted on the official site the other day looks all kinds of awesome so maybe it's a good job I haven't already planned all of my time to be in the autograph lines ;)

CaptainRegor likes this.
  5. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    I really hope we get something on the star wars show tomorrow. If not we could sue RedPop for false marketing! (haha) On their official web page it says: [​IMG]
    Which is plural. Mark Hamill is the only annonced signer. They've not even confirmed Fisher is signing! And one month excatly is tomorrow.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  6. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    One can only hope!

Something has to be coming this week. Like you say, 15th is exactly 1 month, this Friday is exactly 4 weeks, they have to announce something!

CaptainRegor likes this.
  7. Luke4soph

Luke4soph Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2016
    Is abit of a joke tbh and considering this will be my first celebration its put me off tbh, considering tickets are paid for etc and i know nothing of what my money is going towards its a joke

8. KendallByrd

KendallByrd Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2016
    Yeah this is my first as well......do not have a warm fuzzy feeling.

9. OliffWanKenobi

OliffWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2016
  10. Luke4soph

Apr 16, 2016
    Its nice to see most websites other than the celebration website are letting us know whats going on hey........

CaptainRegor likes this.
  11. Luke4soph

Apr 16, 2016
    If nothings announced tomorrow then i might complain to who ever is in charge and see if can get some sort of freebee or sumink lol

12. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Hah, yeah as I said. Sue 'em for false marketing! They said one month after all!

13. Luke4soph

Apr 16, 2016
    Ive sent the director woman an email saying that i think myself and other customers should be compensated in some way for still hearing nothig even though the website states we will lnow a month before the show and today is that day lol wonder if will get anything back haha

14. JaHawk

JaHawk Jedi Padawan

May 24, 2015
    What email is that - I'd quite like to do the same. It's ridiculous that we are a month away from it and still no sign of anything.

15. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    [​IMG]

16. KendallByrd

KendallByrd Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2016
    The email I sent and got ONE reply to was: publicity@lucasfilm.com

The canned reply on April 22 was:

Hi Ken,

Thank you for your patience on a response! As we get closer to the event, information about guests and programming will continue to be announced; you may have seen that Warwick Davis was just announced as the celebrity host for the Celebration Stage! This is quite common for events of this nature.

Thanks again for reaching out, we’re glad to know you’re as excited for Celebration as we are!

All the best,

The Lucasfilm Publicity Team

17. Luke4soph

Apr 16, 2016
  18. Luke4soph

Apr 16, 2016
    As you said its silly we still havent heard a thing really

19. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Mary Franklin was fantastic at customer service when she worked for Lucasfilm. I remember mailing her about an issue for Essen. Personally I'd say she went futher then necssary to ensure that there weren't gonna be a problem.
    Now that she's with ReedPop, who knows? Maybe Reedpop dislike customer service? (hah)

20. Luke4soph

Apr 16, 2016
    Really well ive had no email back as of yet, but im guessing with alot of unhappy guests she may have a good few emails to get through

CaptainRegor likes this.
  21. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Yeah. I've checked both Essen and Anaheim. At this close to those past celebrations both complete guest lists and complete schedule had been revealed... Now we got bearly anything

22. JaHawk

JaHawk Jedi Padawan

May 24, 2015
    I was really expecting something this afternoon to be honest. Like something - anything - at all to push this event forward. Right now it feels like it will be a 3-Day flea market themed around Star Wars, rather than a celebration of the fandom.

23. Subiaco

Subiaco Jedi Padawan

Feb 16, 2013
    They've finally updated with quite a bit more information (floor plan, art, guests, screenings of IV and VII).... Things are looking up:)

24. Luke4soph

Apr 16, 2016
    And announced anthony daniels, peter mayhew, jeremy bulloch and daniel logan, quite happy with that tbh, was hoping to meet c3po lol

25. JaHawk

JaHawk Jedi Padawan

May 24, 2015
    I'm happy with some more announcements, and love the Art Show pieces. Cool that I can finally see A New Hope in a theatrical setting. Getting excited for SWCE once again!