main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CE16 Art of Celebration

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by CaptainRegor, Jun 13, 2016.

1. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    SensationalSean likes this.
  2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Tsuneo Sanda was at CE in 2007. Love his art (especially the Fetts) but what he brought was out of my price range. It was nice to see him in person though! And Dave Dorman was also there - he signed my SW: Art of Dave Dorman book and drew a small Fett figure with his autograph!

3. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012

Oh, yeah. Sanda has so many fantastic pieces! Love those "Dream maker" pieces!
    Have to admit I had to google Dave Dorman, but I immediately reconsigned him and his art. He's awesome too! That was pretty cool of him!

4. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I know people are complaining about the lack of updates on guest, I'm personally more annoyed about the lack of information on the art show. I try to pick up a print as my main Celebration memorabilia, but I am picky and I want to have time to choose. I only have two spots left on my walls though, and one of them is booked for what I'm expecting will be my Celebration Orlando print. The information on the art show only states that the deadline for submitting art proposals was on January 18!

CaptainRegor likes this.
  5. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Yeah I agree! There's not much info about anything! (I'm still super excited though!)
    As for the artists there are a few that as said they are gonna be there, but the artwork it self is secret...
    [​IMG]

6. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I definitely want to get a poster of the official art (and hopefully it'll be on a shirt or something too!)

CaptainRegor likes this.
  7. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    According to Rebelscum forums:
    [​IMG]

8. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Alright, so the pieces are up!
    Think this is my personal favorite:
    [​IMG]

SensationalSean likes this.
  9. JaHawk

JaHawk Jedi Padawan

May 24, 2015
    I am going to have to limit myself on how many I can buy - some great stuff there.

SensationalSean and CaptainRegor like this.
  10. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Got a favorite? A "must have" ?

11. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    Yeah, that's some nice art! Loving this Rebels one (though I'd prefer one with Ahsoka and the villains as well):

[​IMG]

However, I have nowhere to put them, so I may have to limit myself to the main Celebration poster and one more.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  12. OliffWanKenobi

OliffWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2016
    How much are the prints typically?

13. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
  14. Luke4soph

Luke4soph Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2016
    Must admit my favourite is the inheritance one!! Dread to think what the price will be though

15. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Heh, yeah. Tsueno usually ain't on the cheap end

16. Luke4soph

Luke4soph Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2016
    Well its safe to say i probaly wont be getting that one then lol

17. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    I remember he had a piece I really liked in Essen... Untill I saw the price tag. Haha, yeah it was a really great piece of art, but not for the "budget" I had at the time!

18. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah - I'm looking forward to seeing what he brings but I doubt it will be in my price range. I'm not that crazy about his pic that's been shown.

19. JaHawk

JaHawk Jedi Padawan

May 24, 2015

I adore Karen Hallion's piece - but £45 is steep. Wish they would announce the cost of Mark Hamill/Carrie Fisher signing so I would know what budget I have to actually work with

20. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    There are some gorgeous pieces there, but as I said I'm picky and none of them will fit my theme of Padmé/Leia prints or will fit the colour of my living room walls.

Karen Hallion's is the one that comes closest, since it goes stylishly with her Padmé/Leia print that I bought in Anaheim, but the colours are wrong and Rey is the focus. In Anaheim she had some smaller prints in the same style though, so I hope she's bringing them.
    [​IMG]

This one actually gave me goosebumps when I saw it
    [​IMG]

I guess I will have to wait until Orlando and hope that Erik Maell will bring his third Mona Lisa/Padmé print, he said he was going to make a third when I bought my second one in Anaheim.

And just for reference this is what my print wall looks like, one empty spot is saved for that third Mona Lisa/Padmé print, so I just have one more spot to fill, that's why I'm really picky about it. I have possibly one spot more on another wall, but then I must really love it. It also needs to be a standing format.

[​IMG]

Considering that I've felt that a lot of previous Celebrations have been too focused on Vader and the Empire, I really like the Rey focus this year, if I had loved TFA I would of course have been even happier.

21. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    That's a fantastic wall Anne!
    Yeah, there is defintivly a TFA theme this year

22. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Some really nice pieces but over $100 for a print? Not sure I can stomach that, need to save money for the Mark Hamill photo op (wish I'd caught him at the Aladdin premiere on Wednesday but we had to be inside to be seated before he came down the purple carpet)! I might stick with a poster/print of the official show art and maybe Londonium Calling just because it looks like fun piece and is much more in my price range.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  23. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    I'm having a hard time deciding what pieces I want. They are all so... beautiful. Defintivly want the one I posted earlier. But the rest of them are also so awesome!!

24. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Pre-orders are up!

25. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Yup! Got my Jerry Vanderstelt secured!