main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CE16 Celebrity Guests Announcements

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by jeykey, Jan 6, 2016.

1. OliffWanKenobi

OliffWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2016
    New Hope screening on Friday night will be cool, I was kind of hoping it might be on an outside screen, in the theatre not everyone will be able to get in I would guess. Plus outside would make for a more communal atmosphere.

2. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    Yeah, the gruga park screening of ROTJ was awesome in Germany. England doesn't have the same guarrante there's gonna be good weather though!

3. JaHawk

JaHawk Jedi Padawan

May 24, 2015
    Just looking at the Floor Plan - am I missing something, or is there no sign of a list of exhibitors to go with it?

4. KendallByrd

KendallByrd Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2016
    It is 9PM here and I just got this email............

Ken,

Today we posted more guests and several new events on www.starwarscelebration.com, and in the next couple weeks there will be many more panels and guests announced, including the autograph hall schedule. I think you'll find that the event will be wonderful for Star Wars fans every day of the show.

We thank you for your patience, and I'm very glad you'll be coming to Celebration. I hope to run into you there!

Mary Franklin
    Global Event Director, ReedPOP

5. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012

"Many more" I like the sound of that!
    The guest annonced today are great! Don't read this comment as a negative one, they are awesome! However they are also regulars for Celebration. Besides, everyone wants a huge autograph hall!

KendallByrd likes this.
  6. JaHawk

JaHawk Jedi Padawan

May 24, 2015

Well better late than never, I suppose! Not being negative, but happy that it's finally coming together

CaptainRegor and KendallByrd like this.
  7. KendallByrd

KendallByrd Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2016
    Yeah I appreciate the reply, but still "the next couple of weeks"? Kinda getting down to the wire. They obviously KNOW we are starving for info, wonder what the hold up is. Maybe shooting schedule for VIII and the reshoots for Rogue One are still very fluid in nature........

8. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Psychology 101, always leave them wanting more? Haha

KendallByrd likes this.
  9. Aaron Halvorson

Aaron Halvorson Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 13, 2016
    I hope and pray they invite Daisy Ridley to Celebration this year! I am just dying to meet her! haha!!! I dunno what I'd do if they don't invite her! Want to meet her so bad and get my picture with her! Just to get to talk to her would be good enough for me! Hopefully they'll add some new actors/actresses to the Star Wars franchise from Episode 7 to Celebration this year. Of course, everyone should want Daisy to come. She's friggin' awesome!!! Such a wonderful woman!

10. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Some new faces would be great. Hey would you dare to ask Ridley for a hug under your photo? Or would you freeze up?

11. Luke4soph

Luke4soph Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2016
    Anyone noticed on a little section on the celebration website it does say carrie fisher will be signing?

12. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    It does say everywhere except if you hover over her face on "guests" that she'll sign. So... Guess we can assume she will do autographs and the "guest" page just got it wrong for some reason?
    If you over over Anthony it only says "autographing" too. I mean if you got Daniels, you gotta give him the stage. He's fantastic on his panels

13. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Can't find that either. Guess they haven't posted that yet. Great to see the general plan though

14. Luke4soph

Apr 16, 2016
    Thats good then, well my 3 days are going to be full of queing now lol

15. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I think the signup for exhibitors is still open. I'd imagine they'd post a list once that list is complete.

16. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Breaking news:
    On the Anthony Daniels annoncement + on Carrie Fisher's "card" (if you open it when you hover over her face on guests) it does say she will sign autographs.
    However as many as noted on the hover over her face bit, it only says "panels."

Here is what customer service said:
    "At this time, she is only scheduled for a panel appearance. Please continue to check back on our website for the finalized autographing schedule if anything has changed.

Thank you,

Customer Service"
    Has she ever done a Celebration without signing autographs? If this is her first time not doing so:
    [​IMG]

JaHawk and KendallByrd like this.
  17. Aaron Halvorson

Jan 13, 2016
    Of course, I would ask her for a hug. If not, a fist bump from Daisy Ridley would be fine! I have a gut feeling they're going to announce her as a guest at the very last minute. She will be the ultimate surprise on the guest list for Celebration Europe 2016! Since she lives in London, it only makes sense for her to make an appearance this year

CaptainRegor likes this.
  18. DarkMark

DarkMark Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    Given they're still in production on two movies, I'm guessing they have to be cautious about announcing Ep 8/Rogue One cast members. But given there's a Rogue One panel, I'd be surprised if some of the cast weren't there - Felicity Jones, Riz Ahmed and Mads Mikkelsen in particular.

At this stage I'm not sure I could see Daisy or John doing photos/autographs, though it would be amazing. I just really want an Episode 8 panel with them, Mark, Rian Johnson, Adam Driver etc.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  19. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Mikkelsen is doing London film and comic-con two weeks after Celebration. So yeah he's defintivly in the area and willing to do cons.
    + As you say it would be wierd if the Rogue One stars weren't (at least) suprise guests at the Rogue One panel. As they are filming nearby.
    Correct me if I'm wrong. Weren't the stars suprises for the TFA panel last year too?

KendallByrd likes this.
  20. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah they all came out for the opening panel. Hoping/expecting the same thing will happen here for Rogue One.

21. Luke4soph

Apr 16, 2016
    Nice of them to announce 4 more guests and then keep us waiting again for more........ Thought we would of had loads by now

CaptainRegor likes this.
  22. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Yeah, what a luxury less then one month away and the only guests annonced are the regulars

Luke4soph likes this.
  23. Luke4soph

Apr 16, 2016
    Yh brilliant news hey, thanks a bunch celebration lol i hope it gets better soon with announcements etc!! So frustrated means its my first time attending and not knowing nothing

24. Aaron Halvorson

Jan 13, 2016
    I have a strong hunch that their last guest announcements will be Episode 7 cast members. I know they're saving Episode 7 guests for last and that'll be the greatest announcement of them all. I know I say this on every one of my post's, but seriously hoping and praying for Daisy Ridley to be invited. I want to get my picture with her! That would be my Facebook profile picture permanently. I love Daisy so much! <3 :)

CaptainRegor likes this.
  25. Luke4soph

Apr 16, 2016
    I would also like to see daisy or john there tbh would be cool to meet the new cast members