main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CE16 Celebrity Guests Announcements

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by jeykey, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Aaron Halvorson

Aaron Halvorson Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 13, 2016

Yes, absolutely! Whatever they do, I'm betting the bank that they'll save the Episode 7 new cast members as the final guests announced for Celebration this year. That will be the BIG surprise. It's awesome to have the regulars but would really be super cool to have the new kids on the block come to Celebration. If Daisy got announced, my heart will explode with joy! I'll be the happiest man in the Galaxy!

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It could be that they are also filming so they don't know if the Ep VII actors will be available. They'd probably rather hold off announcing to avoid fan disappointment if the actor then can't make it.

3. jeykey

jeykey Jedi Master

Jun 27, 2013
    i'd really love to see them too, but i'm afraid Disney / Lucasfilm might use go premium with them and makes it very expensive to get an autograph / have a pic

4. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    Probably. They know we'll pay!
    [​IMG]

5. Aaron Halvorson

Aaron Halvorson Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 13, 2016
    Great news all! Star Wars Celebration's official Facebook just confirmed that more guests are to be announced very soon! Hold onto your seats! Get ready for some EPIC guest announcements! Wahoo! :)

JaHawk and CaptainRegor like this.
  6. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    That's fantastic! Let me do your job:
    "Daisy Ridley! Daisy Ridley!"

7. Jmettewe

Jmettewe Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2016

Hi ;-)

Is there any chance to have "Pre-sale autographs tickets" with a batch number per day ?

Like :

I bought a "Mark Hammil autographs online" for SATURDAY, (with batch number 2 for example).
    When I come saturday at the convention, the day start with batch 1
    Then, 1 hour later : Batch 1 & 2
    Then 1 hour later : Batch 1 & 2 & 3

It will be great, and less stress for everyone !
    We have to queue all day long, and we are sure to get our autograph.

PLEEEEAAAAASE ! :)

8. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Think you better send this to Mary Franklin. (Mary@ReedPOP.com) I defintivly argree with you though. This type of queueing is much better for everyone.

Edit: You registered yesterday? Welcome!

9. Jmettewe

Jmettewe Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2016

Thanks ;-)

I send a message to Mary@ReedPOP.com .
    I let you know if I have an answer ;-)

10. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I really hope they're doing photo ops. I've already got Mark's autograph but would happily pay for a photo op (especially if they do a double with Carrie like they did last year).

At this point I just want to start nailing stuff down like panel schedule, autograph/photo op pricing, even event merchandise so I can start planning my days and especially my budget. This Friday is my last pay day before the con so really need to know what my budget is.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  11. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002

While it might be better for the fans, then there is no way they can do it this way (this precise time wise).

Normally you can go any time after your number is up, so it comes down to:
    1. How many people go immediately after their number is up
    2. How many autographs each person wants (one person wanting three autographs is faster than 3 persons wanting 1 autograph - posters take longer than photos)
    3. How long the guest takes to sign each autograph and talk to the fan

So you can see the further in to the Celebration you go the more insecurity there would be in doing it the way you suggest.

And he is spelled Hamill. One "m" two "l"s ;)

12. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I remember them doing something similar to this for Mark's autograph back at the first London Celebration. I'm not sure how well it worked (the queue was always massive) as they clearly over sold the tickets. They came around on Friday about 30 mins-an hour before Mark's panel asking anyone with Saturday/Sunday entry to come back the next day and they'd be given priority. For people who were only there Friday they did say they would take the items people wanted signed and then post them back but then Mark said no, he'd finish signing and just be a little late for his panel. Really cool guy making sure he got to everyone. He even took photos with people after that point so whilst it was a little production line to make sure everyone got through you didn't feel rushed and felt like he did take time for you.

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I was at that panel - it was pretty good..

14. Chunkydumb

Chunkydumb Jedi Master star 2

Nov 30, 2014
    #PrayingForDaisy

15. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Honestly at this point I'm fine with them not announcing any of the currently filming cast at the moment, if they still need to get those details nailed down that's fine and will be a nice surprise nearer the time if they can pull it off, but they need to announce everyone else and details like pricing, photo ops, etc. They're cutting it very close now.

16. Jmettewe

Jmettewe Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2016

Hello,

1 - You can improve the system like the comic con London.

You have a number like "103"

When the day start, the queue is open for number 1 to 50.
    When the queue is smaller, you open 1-100, etc...

2 - For the number of autograph, you limit the number to 5 (if you want more, you re-do the line)

3 - I don't know, it depend the guest. I saw very busy guest who just sign, and you go.

"So you can see the further in to the Celebration you go the more insecurity there would be in doing it the way you suggest."
    I could not disagree more with you !

NO ORGANISATION = CHAOS !

CaptainRegor likes this.
  17. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    I was at London film and comic-con two years ago. Thought it was briliant how they dealt with the queues for bigger guests

Jmettewe likes this.
  18. Jmettewe

Jmettewe Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2016

Me too ;-)
    I think there is no better way to do this.

1° Pre-SALE online for autograph tickets, per DAY. (if Mark Hamill take 20s per person, it's 3 per minutes, 30 in 10minutes, 180 per hour (let's say 150) /// If Mak sign 4 hours on a day : 600 tickets on sale online )
    (Yout must have an entry ticket to get your autograph ticket online)

2° When you buy your ticket online, you have your number. (If the organizer don't over-sold, you're guaranteed to have your autograph)

3° On the day, the queue is open for a limited number, at the beginning of the day : ticket number 1 to 25, when the queue is smaller : 1 to 50, ect...
    ==> With these organisation :
    - You CAN'T miss your turn,
    - you can enjoy your day at the Star wars celebration,
    - you have 25 people MAX in front of you in the line,
    - you're guaranteed to have your autograph on the DAY you come,
    - you don't have to take cash with you, and it's a lot of time saved at the guest desk.
    - and NO STRESS in the crowd.

So, yes, if you miss the pre-sale ticket online, and it is SOLD-OUT, you don't have your autograph, BUT YOU KNOW IT IN ADVANCE ! You don't queue all day long to be disappointed to not have your autograph because there are too many people in the queue.
    When you know it, you can still enjoy your day at the celebration !

19. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Looking at the Official Pix site they pre-sold autographs and photo ops for last year's Celebration so it's definitely a system they've used before (or at least similar).

Just did some date checking. We're 3 weeks and 2 days out, that's exactly when they announced the full schedule for Celebration Anaheim. Of course they announced the initial autograph price list 5 weeks and 1 day before the event and then just added more guests as they got closer. Wish they'd do that here!

20. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Sorry to double post but just missed my edit window. I emailed Mary at ReedPOP today about autographs/photo ops and the show schedule and she just replied (amazingly quickly) saying "We’re almost there! You’ll see more information later today."

Whether that relates to more autograph news or the full show schedule I'm not sure, but looking forward to finding out soon!

CaptainRegor and JaHawk like this.
  21. Shandil

Shandil Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2016
    Oh, I expected autographs to work as people are mentioning, with us buying them online before going. Otherwise it's going to be non stop queue, specialy as I'm going alone so no "wingman" to keep my place if i need to go to the restroom or so. I'll keep my fingers crossed they do something so each can have a shoot to the autographs they want, will be very disappointed otherwise (and will hopefully get to see something of the place too and not just stand in line all weekend).

22. JaHawk

JaHawk Jedi Padawan

May 24, 2015
    Damn, now I'm gonna just sit and refresh the SWCE Facebook page haha

23. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012

"Kenobi Wants to Know Me" sendt out something releated to Celebration yesterday too. Your answer was 100% dependent on the schedule. They urged you to check it out! So that will most likely be posted very soon. "The Star Wars Show" perhaps?

24. JaHawk

JaHawk Jedi Padawan

May 24, 2015
    The SWCE twitter is finally replying to people apologising for lack of info - that's nice to see at least. Up till now it's seemed they've been ignoring critics

CaptainRegor likes this.
  25. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    I thought Official Pix stopped doing SW?
    Was it just a renegotiation thing?