main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CE16 Celebrity Guests Announcements

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by jeykey, Jan 6, 2016.

1. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    Virtual queuing for busy guests are confirmed!

JaHawk likes this.
  2. JaHawk

JaHawk Jedi Padawan

May 24, 2015
    This feels like very good news. What are the odds Mark will be >£100 per autograph though?! (Yes, I am lowering my expectations completely. At least Panels are free)

3. michaelsft

michaelsft Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2015
    Oh this is just for the photos! Hopefully the autograph sessions will be cheaper but I'm guessing not by much!

4. Chunkydumb

Chunkydumb Jedi Master star 2

Nov 30, 2014
    Whats everyone planning on getting signed?

5. JaHawk

JaHawk Jedi Padawan

May 24, 2015

Autograph-Price-dependent: Saga Blu-Ray Box-Set by as many people as I can be lucky enough to meet. Don't know when I'll have a chance to meet anyone from Star Wars again and it would be great to have a reminder every time I watch the films. I know it's a basic answer, but it works for me!

Chunkydumb likes this.
  6. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    [​IMG]

Luke4soph, Chunkydumb and JaHawk like this.
  7. Luke4soph

Luke4soph Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2016
    Thats absoluetly quality!!
    Ive got a star wars #1 comic im wanting to get signed by most of the guests and a poster ive already got a few sigs on ill try up load a pic in a sec

CaptainRegor likes this.
  8. OliffWanKenobi

OliffWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2016
    I'm not usually that fussed about getting autographs, but I would like to get Mark Hamill's and meet the man, really hope the autograph price isn't too much. £145 for a photo is just daft. I would probably get a Luke Skywalker Pop Vinyl signed, hopefully I'll get the TFA beard Luke before SWCE.

For those that have been to celebration's before, how much does Hamill usually charge for autograph's? and do you pay for literally one signature or can you get 2 or 3 items signed for that?

9. sigur

sigur Jedi Knight

Sep 16, 2013
    Pop vinyls are a bloody good idea for an autograph

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

10. Luke4soph

Luke4soph Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2016
    No have to pay for one autograph if its £80 its just for one!!!

Any one know how to post a pic on here? Lol

11. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Last Celebration London Mark was £80 but that was years ago.

Edit - just saw that the photo shoots are price per person! If you want 2 people in the photo you have to buy 2 tickets and get 2 photos!

12. ArtyShadow

ArtyShadow Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2016
    No opening panel :-( ? Was going to do an all nighter for queuing up

CaptainRegor likes this.
  13. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah that surprised me. Just bought sleeping bags too lol! No closing panel either (unless they add it later)

CaptainRegor likes this.
  14. jeykey

jeykey Jedi Master

Jun 27, 2013
    CaptainRegor likes this.
  15. KendallByrd

KendallByrd Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2016
    Yeah--been a fan since 1977 and was hoping to meet him and get a pic, but sweet Jesus.....this is my first and most likely only Celebration. It is obviously all about the money. Sad.

16. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    But there's no Prequel cast members!
    Or TCW!
    Or TFA!

What gives?

I'd be kinda tempted by Mark or Carrie but at that price well, there's so much more you could buy. ... ( Lego, graphics card).

What about the Filoni?

17. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Filoni never does the autograph/photo thing at these celebrations. But he does encoure you to go up to him and say "hi" if you see him on the floor (where he will happly do it for free)

There are a two prequel guests.(Ray Park, Daniel Logan) But as for now yeah, disapointing there are no TFA or TCW guests...
    Lucasfilm is really scared of the word "prequel" in the post-Lucas era... :(

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  18. jeykey

jeykey Jedi Master

Jun 27, 2013
    it's written it's only a Sneak Peek of the Celebration Stage
    , hopefully it's not final because it's quite underwhelming so far

KendallByrd and CaptainRegor like this.
  19. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Decided to go for it and get Mark's photo op. Figured this may be the last time we get Celebration here for a few years at least (and prices will go up again) plus with them still filming he'll hopefully have his Jedi Master beard. And that's me spent for this Celebration lol!

20. Aaron Halvorson

Aaron Halvorson Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 13, 2016
    I'm very satisfied with the Autograph Hall and Photos Ops. Not overwhelming which is good for my wallet, nice and easy. But still holding onto the highest of highest hopes that Daisy Ridley or Felicity Jones somehow get added to the guest list for photos ops and/or autographs as last-minute surprises. I got a VIP badge and we have an exclusive VIP Meet & Greet with special guests on one of the days...these being guests that are not part of the Autograph Hall or Photo Op sessions. I wonder who those will be? I pray to the highest Star Wars Gods and Goddesses above Daisy and/or Felicity are part of that.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  21. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I believe the last VIP meet and greet was with Dave Filoni and you got an exclusive print that he signed.

I'm a little underwhelm to be honest. I was hoping they'd have a few more big names (Ian McDiarmid and Billy Dee Williams come to mind as they've both done UK conventions in the last few years) and some of the animated voice actors (still have hopes they may add some Rebels as we get closer). But like you say, good for the wallet which is why I went for Mark's photo op.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  22. jordantwodelta

jordantwodelta Jedi Master

Feb 6, 2013

The VIP meet and greet is Dave Filoni.It was in an email i was sent from SWC and i had it confirmed by the concierge.I am not aware of any other VIP meet and greet guests.I'm mainly all about the films and not so much the animated tv shows, so am slightly disappointed.I was and am still hoping for some main TFA cast to be present.I am also hoping for the final panel to be Episode 8 related and some of the cast on stage.

23. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I wasn't asking a question (look at the line just above my point 1, 2 and 3). I was letting you know why your suggestion with hourly timeslots won't work.

And on your point 2: I believe some actors have had limits of 3 autographs per fan.

--------------

On another note, I am also rather disappointed with the guests so far. The only new guest is Al Lampert. All the others have been at Celebrations before. I know that new people are gonna wanna meet them, but if this is the final list, then it's gonna be a cheap Celebration for me.

24. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    How about yourself?

25. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    There are gonna be "special guests" on the Rebels and Rogue One panels doubt they are gonna be signers, but it would be nice with a more... varied guest list. (as it is right now heavily OT)