main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CE16 Celebrity Guests Announcements

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by jeykey, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Chunkydumb

Chunkydumb Jedi Master star 2

Nov 30, 2014
    I was thinking about getting my Force Awakens poster signed, but the trouble would be carrying it around the convention centre without it getting creased or damaged.

2. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    A tube should do the trick

3. Chunkydumb

Chunkydumb Jedi Master star 2

Nov 30, 2014

How did I not think of that. Life saver, thank you.

KendallByrd likes this.
  4. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    In Essen, I met people who had heavy-duty poster plastic poster-tubes with shoulder straps. I don't know where to get them.
    I usually have my cardboard tube tied to my shoulder bag.

If I'm not mistaken, there were more autographing guests in Essen three years ago.
    Weird also that some "lesser" guests are signing only on one of the three days. That means that if you have got a day-ticket, then you might miss a guest. And even if you have a three-days pass, you might have to carry your poster-tube around on more than one day.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  5. ArtyShadow

ArtyShadow Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2016
    Just realized - there can still be an opening panel, Celebration opens at 10am but mark's panel 11:30 this means that there could probably still be a opening panel :-D

CaptainRegor likes this.
  6. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Back in 2005 I had planned to have Ken Colley sign my Life of Briand DVD, but I forgot it, and I don't think he's been signing much since. I might actually bring the DVD and finally have it signed. (He's Jesus at the sermon on the mount in Life of Brian)

CaptainRegor likes this.
  7. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Yeah, and it says on the official star wars side:
    "Star Wars Celebration Europe 2016: Celebration Stage Sneak Peek!

Get a first look at the partial schedule for the Celebration Stage!"

Keyword being "partial"

I've always wanted to met Colley, he might not be an A lister but he sure pops up in different projects!

8. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Think this got lost in yesterday's announcements so gonna try and answer as best I can!

1. This time last year we knew the full schedule, but they seem to be drip feeding it more here. Maybe because they're trying to work round shooting schedules, maybe not, but they did say a navigation guide is coming next week so hopefully the full schedule will be finalised by then.

2. Nothing announced for the main stage but Dave Filoni is there for Rebels so it wouldn't surprise me if we got something CW related on one of the other stages.

3. He doesn't have a signing but people have said he's happy to be approached on the convention floor and VIPs get a private meet/signing with him.

4&5. Yes - Rebels Season 3 panel & premiere on Saturday and hopefully more to be announced.

6. Still being announced. We have pins, funko, a Tamashi Nations Samurai inspired Sandtrooper so far. There's sure to be a load of stuff like shirts, jackets & posters in the store as well. Plus the art prints which you can pre-order now.

7. Don't know this one. Not sure if prices have been announced yet. Trying looking at Funko's website or collecting sites, they might have the answer.

8. As safe as these type of events can be.

9. Very busy! Probably not as intense as Anaheim was reported to be but still a LOT of people. Depends on your comfort zone ;-)

10. No but you can if you want. There will be a lot of people in costumes but also a lot in normal clothes. If you want to dress up go for it but don't feel like you have to. You'll fit in either way.

11. Friday 17:00-18:00

12. Not sure. They did come to London last time but these days they aren't as collector focussed and after the mess of Force Friday they might not want to go, especially if most of the stuff they have coming up is already revealed or Rogue One stuff they can't show yet. That said they could also debut the Roghe One line here so who knows! Hopefully find out soon. The figures should be available in the vendor area from lots of various dealers.

13. Yes, TOR will be part of the EA panel on Saturday (and I believe playable on the show floor for the weekend). No idea if they're giving anything out.

14. No idea. If there is expect if to be small (like the RO panel last year) or it could be the Sunday surprise they've teased in the main stage (part of an unannounced Closing Panel maybe?)

15. CW cast seems unlikely but Ashley & Dee might be some of the "surprise guests" at the Rebels panel on Saturday.

16. Just Daniel Lovan and Ray Park so far. Hopefully they add more.

17. Legacy cast members have been announced already, new cast members sadly seem unlikely at this point but they may put in a panel appearance as the full schedule is revealed.

18. If you want the popular panels yes, if you just want to enjoy the atmosphere and get in a few panels last minute where you can then no. All depends what you want to see and how good a seat you want. People probably won't have a good idea on this until after day one.

19. Not announced yet (or even confirmed that there will be one). If they have a booth I'm sure you'll be able to ask questions there but answers probably depend on who you get to talk to.

20. Not aware of any but they are screening A New Hope.

21. Personally I think Friday as you have Matk Hamill and Rogue One panels but if you want good seats fur both you probably won't get much time to do anything else. Sunday is shorter but you'll probably get into the main panels (Carrie & Ray Park) with less of a queue so you'll get more time on the show floor. Of course we know there's at least one unannounced panel on the main stage on Sunday so that could change things.

22. Doubt it. Vendors may sell merchandise cheaper to avoid taking it home but official show merchandise and exclusives I can't see being reduced.

23. If you like Star Wars enough to post on these forums then I'd say there will be something there for you even if you just take in the atmosphere of the show floor.

9. jordantwodelta

jordantwodelta Jedi Master

Feb 6, 2013
    What are chances of getting autographs from guests like John Knoll and Doug Chiang after their panels? For me,these people are equally as important to the SW universe as the cast etc.

10. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Hey, by the way. How was he? Nice?

Well, if you were to encounter them they might sign. However the chance of you meeting them of-stage is unlikely.. :(

jordantwodelta likes this.
  11. Aaron Halvorson

Aaron Halvorson Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 13, 2016
    What are the chances Ms. Ashley Eckstein comes to Celebration this year for a panel or something? Perhaps she'll pop in during the Season 3 sneak peak or something? Was hoping to catch her at this year's Celebration. Wanted her to sign this epic Ahsoka Tano drawing I made. Hmmm...?

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  12. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    It's be awesome if Ashley Eckstein could make it. I'm not particularly interested in TCW, but I hope she brings in Her Universe goodies! IIRC, there was a special clothing line released for SWC in Anaheim. And this would especially be a good opportunity both for the shop and the customers, since HU doesn't ship outside of US/Canada.

13. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998

Well, I didn't get his autograph since I forgot the DVD.

As for Ashley coming, I would definitely think that she comes. Now I have quite a few things that I critizse HU for, but I know that there are a lot of people in Europe who are hungry for buying her stuff, and I really think it would be a shame if she didn't come. Also in Essen she didn't bring a lot of stuff, so if she comes I really hope she brings merchandise that equals the things we get at the US Celebrations.

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Folks in the UK after Her Universe items can check the Amazon UK website. I think most of the sellers are in the Amazon Marketplace. For other European countries you can click on the item to see where it can be delivered. As with eBay purchases, check the seller's feedback before buying.

15. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    It's kind of weird that its not the same for all products for some reason. Some are only available through HU website, and not other retailers like Amazon or ThinkGeek. I've batted eyelashes at US friends to deliver stuff to their address and have them ship it over to EU, but postage there can end up being quite pricey.
    Basically, I'm eyeing the Imperial officer uniform cardigan, so it'd be nice if Ashley comes along and brings some merch with her that wouldn't normally be available on this market. :p Sad to hear she didn't bring much to Essen. :( Lets hope for the best.

16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Since she's in the US she's probably limited in what she can bring by air unless she gets stuff shipped. However if it doesn't sell then she has to foot the shipping bill back.

17. Aaron Halvorson

Jan 13, 2016
    I'm inspired by all the talk about Ashley Eckstein possibly attending Celebration this year. Does anyone know for sure if Her Universe will have a booth for Celebration in London this year? If so, I would imagine Ashley would be there. Would be a bonus to meet her given she voiced Ahsoka, my favorite character from Clone Wars and Rebels.

Also, anyone have any idea if during the Celebration Stage panels (like Rogue One panel and possibly the closing Episode 8 panel (only assuming it's going to be about 8...it has to be!)), do they take any time to ask fans questions for the guests on stage? If Felicity Jones was on stage for the Rogue One panel, would she or someone on stage ask questions ("Do you have any questions for the guests?")? Just curious. Would absolutely love to ask Felicity a question regarding her love for Star Wars.

18. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Can't see Her Universe on the exhibitors list.

If I remember the opening/closing panels right from last year's live stream they didn't have any fan questions.

19. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    I dunno if Ashley will be there - her presence would all but confirm that she'll be returning for the third season of Rebels. However, she could be a surprise guest at Saturday's panel.

I actually had the pleasure of interviewing her at NYCC 2015, she was really cool.

20. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Nah, I don't know about that. She was in Essen after all

21. Aaron Halvorson

Jan 13, 2016
    Ok, makes sense they wouldn't announce her so as to keep her appearance as Ahsoka in Season 3 of Rebels a surprise.

22. Aaron Halvorson

Jan 13, 2016
    Another question. Perhaps a little awkward? haha I would like Carrie Fischer to sign some of my Princess Leia stuff which features Leia in her slave outfit. Do you think she'll be fine with that? I'm sure she has prints available at her table of Leia in slave bikini form. Just wanted to be sure. Coming from the USA for this convention, so wanna make sure if I pack my slave Leia prints/art, that Carrie would be fine signing those. I would imagine she has no problem signing them. I made some cool art for her to see

23. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    She signs Slave Leia's all the time... It's no more akward then you make it to be I guess!

24. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    As for questions from the audience. I liked what they did on the main stage in Essen where people tweeted their questions, and the best ones were selected.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  25. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    That's a pretty cool way to do it.