main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Star Wars: Adventures in Wild Space

Discussion in 'Literature' started by bsmith7174, Nov 10, 2015.

1. StoryWorthTelling

StoryWorthTelling Jedi Master star 2

Jan 8, 2015

I've just bought it imported. Took a while to come in, and shipping was more than the price of the book, though. I wouldn't be surprised if 1-4 eventually make it here but the prelude book doesn't.

2. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    Just started reading the snare, small clue timeline wise is that the standard TIE fighter is considered brand new.

Thus must take place some time before the first season of rebels material starts - this includes Ghost Raid and the first servants book.

I'm of the view that the message spoken about in the later books won't be ezras, but the first broadcasts by his parents

vstarvan likes this.
  3. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    The TIE was also new in Tarkin and that was 5 years after the Clone Wars.

Endol and vstarvan like this.
  4. vstarvan

vstarvan Jedi Master star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    I could've sworn I read somewhere on these boards that the books were roughly four years after RoTS

Endol likes this.
  5. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Sorry to perform thread necromancy but just received word the next two books in this series will be released tomorrow and I was wondering if this was also the case in the US and elsewhere?

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That's what Amazon UK says. I hope to be up at Forbidden Planet next week and I'll take a look for them then.

7. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    I ordered them from Book Depository and actually received them yesterday. I'm surprised because I'm in the US and I got them before the official UK release date.

8. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    I pre-ordered them on Amazon UK specifically so as to get them early on, and I learn that everyone else already has them. -__- How very frustrating.

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'd have done that except I have a friend visiting and didn't want to have to wait around for a delivery. If I can't find them locally or at FP then I'll order.

10. StoryWorthTelling

StoryWorthTelling Jedi Master star 2

Jan 8, 2015
    I ordered these a couple of months ago from Amazon (US) and they haven't arrived yet, but the first three didn't arrive until about a month after they were released in the UK either. Hopefully they'll be here soon.

11. iucounu

iucounu Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 28, 2014
    None of them are released outside the UK as yet but Panini (Germany) and Lucasfilm Disney Press (USA) have announced recently that they are picking them up. I believe they are out in the US towards the end of this year.

12. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    Been wondering if like the last series they released it'll be tied into Star Wars Rebels!

Hopefully by next week I'll find out if there's any more books in this series!

13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    FYI it seems Disney-Lucasfilm Press will be publishing this series in the US after all. They've produced the first two books (more like one and a half I guess?) as a bind up.

More info when I get it.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

14. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    Received my copies today made the mistake of glancing through them so don't read the spoiler below as it really stuck out at me![face_hypnotized]

This series is set back when Ezra was a newborn child!
    We meet his parents in the latest book so when they're talking about those broadcasts from Lothal they're referring to Ephraim & Mira Bridger!:_|

Be warned the above is seriously eye openingly huge!!!

Karl0413 and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Looked for the new ones in town today but no luck. I'll look at FP next week as they had them advertised on a weekly new books email that I get.

16. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Just finished the steal and I gotta say there is a massive clanger in the book

Ezra appears as a baby HOWEVER considering the presence of tie fighters and such in this series, I've always gotton the inmpression that it was set somewhere around 14BBY. So either the writer hasn't got his tie fighter manurfacturing dates right or he clearly isn't aware that Ezra is the same age as luke and Leia

17. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Even in the Legendsverse, weren't there TIE prototypes very shortly after ROTS, in Darth Vader & The Ghost Prison? Maybe the newcanon-verse is taking a similar approach.

18. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I received word from Amazon US today that my order for the new two was delayed without a new ship date. I really need to find a better place to import my books from...

19. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Knowing Sienar, he had prototypes of his prototypes.

Also prototypes were somehow always more dangerous. Never could understand that.

Iron_lord likes this.
  20. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    ROTS implies that the V-Wing evolved into the TIE Fighter. There could have been many stages in between the V-Wing and the TIE Fighter.

21. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It's a very common trope - and there's even a certain amount of real-life precedent:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SuperPrototype

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  22. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Finished the dark earlier and I loved the reference to
    Dr Cylo from the darth vader series
    nice little reference for all the older fans who read this book :)

23. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    Yes I noticed that by the way
    he wasn't referred to as IV so maybe that was the original Dr Cylo?
    ;)

SilentGuy66 and darklordoftech like this.
  24. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Breental IV was mentioned in the dark but I can't remember where I heard it from in legends. As far as I know this is the first time the planets been mentioned in canon

25. iucounu

iucounu Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 28, 2014

Mentioned in TARKIN as the home of a famous pirate I believe.

SilentGuy66 likes this.