main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming SW Card Trader

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darthmaul208, Jul 13, 2015.

1. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I'm still playing...been focussing on teal laser burst and green and orange base cards lately.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  2. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

Yep, still here. I'm liking the Posters...especially when they changed it so a different border dropped each day for the same poster instead of the all borders at once/melding for different borders nonsense.

The untradeable nonsense of some of the sets is lame. The crazy odds of the sugar-free may appeal to the eBayers or whales in the game...and is lame, IMHO.

I'm still passing on the variants. I prefer behind the scenes stuff like the slug concept series (which I see from my April 16 post above is still slug-like in its release schedule), Making of Monday, TFA Behind the Scenes, etc.

Any still doing my best to stay FTP. It's been pretty easy and I have quite a bit of Google Play money saved up from doing surveys, in case I feel like Master Access is needed again to help with reduced odds and such.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  3. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    I completed the 100 card ANH Illustrated set but never saw a credit bonus the evening the card bonuses came down. I've been picking up some of the posters as well, it's fun to see some of those vintage designs and not just some new random thing - I'm looking at you irredescent pop.

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  4. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    According to their Facebook page, Topps is putting out physical cards in November based on the app.. you can get promo cards in the packs but I doubt you'll get daily credits ;)

5. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Spend real money on the app? lol

6. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Do you see there's another 60 cards coming in the Series 3 expansion?

7. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Yep, I saw. I pass on "preview" cards as they will be ubiquitous soon.

The design is a bit different, which is cool. And, finally, a rathtar card!! Two even!!

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  8. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Although now it looks like the cards aren't (currently) mixed into the packs with everything else, but in special (read that as Expensive) packs. Good luck paying lots for these, folks!

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  9. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    And they just dropped into normal packs!

Still haven't completed the Series 3 Red Base.

10. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

You should have multiple accounts like the rest of us Darthmaul208. ;)

11. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Oh I do have another account but I just haven't sent them across. I'm always worried I'll get caught. Are there any tips for not raising suspicion?

Has anyone completed the Hyperspace Smuggler's Den sets?
    I've done white and can do alot of Blue but it takes forever to meld them.

12. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

From what I've read over on Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarstrader/new/) the best way to trade and not raise Topps magnifying glass is to do relatively even trades. Reds for inserts, or inserts for inserts between accounts, etc. If you trade one white for 9 inserts...consistently, you run the risk of discovery. Assuming they still pay attention to that stuff.

I completed the white Hyperspace, but decided to pass on the other colors. They're just meh to me.

I'd like to continue chasing the current Classic series, but pulling a blue new TFA Luke is nigh impossible odds and very expensive given the price of the Expansion packs. Screw you, Topps. Way to hate on the ftp fanbase.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  13. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    My main account is on my phone, and I use accounts on my wife's phone and my tablet to trade all the time and have never had anything said or done about it....and the trades are always very one sided.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  14. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    @DieWompRatDie What happened to this week's Fan's Choice card? I'm not really sure what was going on with it.

15. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

It was a hot mess...but what else would you expect from Topps, amiright?

So, that marathon is over. They had voting for the award for wave 3 (cards 21-30) on Tuesday afternoon, which went normally. They were supposed to have the award voting for the whole marathon (cards 1-30) Tuesday night, but they Toppsed it up and it was late Wednesday morning (later than when they said in the update to the transmission). That vote was for which Maul people wanted.

Looks like they distributed awards (no notification) last night. So, if you got all 30, you got a ANH Luke as the wave 3 and a Clone Wars Maul with metal legs as the marathon award. Decent stuff for a free marathon chase...it just cost you time and perhaps angst.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  16. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Yeah both awards went out last night....I was confused by the whole thing but got both cards so I guess it all worked out.

17. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    @DieWompRatDie So I got the last 10 weeks so do I not get one? I thought that was Wave Three? What was the Heroes/Villains vote on?

18. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    If you have all the FC cards from this wave you should have a Luke Skywalker card, I didn't get a notification about it but it's in my collection.

19. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

If you had cards 21-30 (wave 3), you should have gotten the Luke award. That was the first vote. You may want to check and confirm that you had all 10. If you did by the deadline, then contact thesenate@topps.com and ask them what's up.

20. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    cubman987 and DieWompRatDie like this.
  21. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Same here, didn't notice until the next day that there were two new cards in my collection.

22. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

I think they rolled out those two cards in stages or something and not all at once.

What do y'all think of the new marathons? Evolutions, Prime, Creatures...

I'm liking the concept of the creatures. And the odds+cost make me feel like this is a possible marathon to chase. Overall the cost can hurt, but, knock on wood, I got the creature in the 4th pack today.

23. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    I don't really like those marathons. Fan's Choice was better but still a struggle because of Topps idiotic schedule. I'm not collecting these marathons.

24. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    I got the Evolutions card in like my 2nd pack the other day so I'm considering doing that one....but the odds on the Creatures packs are better. If I can get one of those in a bit when I logon at home I might do that one too or instead.

Also, I really like most of the new base cards we got, especially the ones with multiple characters on them.

25. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Same here, it seems like Topps is killing off the free-to-play aspect as all of these marathons have odds where you'll have to spend around 400,000 credits just to pull one insert. Also, it looks like those expansion packs will be here at least another 30 weeks if that's going to be the way to get the marathon cards. I'm not sure why everything has to be limited to 24 hours at a time would be fun to pull a base back and have a chance at getting more than one answer at a time.

Darthmaul208 likes this.