main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CE16 Celebration Stage wristbands & queueing (was: How to get in to Hamills stage show)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by klihm, Jul 4, 2016.

1. klihm

klihm Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2016
    Hey guys,

Sorry if this is a newbie question but I am going to my first Celebration ever this summer. I've got tickets for friday and saturday but my top priority is getting in to see Mark Hamill. It starts at 11:30 on friday.

My question is, when should I get to the exhibition hall to get my tickets, and start the queue to be sure to get in to the "an hour with Mark Hamill" show on the celebration stage?

Regards!

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    We went to Mark Hamill's show in 2007 at CE and we were in the line about 2 hours ahead of time. It was an afternoon show, not morning. You might get away with a shorter line time if a lot of people aren't picking up tickets til Friday morning.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  3. klihm

klihm Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2016
    Wouldn't that make the line longer if I would first have to queue to get my tickets and the queue to get in? Also is there a line to get in or can you just walk right in?

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If you are in London earlier than the Friday you can pick your tickets up early - I believe there are pickup times on Wed and Thurs. In our case we will be coming to London on the Thurs so we will pick ours up then at ExCel. No tickets were mailed according to the ticket purchase page. In the case of the Hamill queue there was a sign that said where to line up. Once you have your tickets I think the line to get in would depend on what time you arrive. Obviously if it's right as doors open you might be in a line.

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  5. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Picking up tickets the day before is recommended. The queue in 2007 was super long, even though we got up quite early and joined the queue at 8am.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  6. klihm

klihm Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2016
    Thanks for the advice. So if I get my ticket early it should be rather fine to show up 30 min before opening?

7. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    FYI: This is how panels on the Celebration Stage will work (as of right now):

Step 1: In the morning, the queue hall will open to badged individuals. There will be chutes ("queues") for getting wristbands for each Celebration Stage panel. At some time early in the morning (6 am+), wristbands will start to be given out to people waiting in the chutes. Each person will get one wristband affixed to them (so no "i want one for my buddy" stuff, except for medical badge companions). Chute 1 wristbands will correspond to the 1st panel of the day at the Celebration stage. Chute 2 wristbands will correspond to the 2nd panel on the Celebration stage. After you get one wristband, you can get a second wristband for a different panel that day - but no more than two panel wristbands.

Step 2: Get in the Show Floor Queue in the Queue Hall. This is the line for people to wait in until they are admitted into the show floor. At 10 am, the show floor will open, and you can proceed.

Step 3: At some point in time, get in line at the Celebration Stage Queue. The Celebration Stage Queue is located on the Ground Floor (which is below Level 1 where the Registration Hall is located), across from the Celebration Stage. There will be separate chutes there for the different panels that day.

Floor plan is available here:
    http://www.starwarscelebration.com/.../docs/SWC-Floor-Plan.pdf?v=636015113142977811

So, for klihm, I would recommend picking up your Celebration badge on Wed or Thurs, so you don't have to do that Friday morning. Friday morning, wear your badge and proceed directly to the Queue Hall, and hop in Chute 1 (Mark Hamill is the first panel on the Celebration stage on Friday) and eventually you will get a wristband (while they last). If you want to see another Celebration Stage panel on Friday (Rogue One, European Cosplay Championships, ANH screening), hop into the appropriate chute if wristbands are still available. Then get in the Floor Show Queue. Once doors open at 10 am, you may (if you want a good seat) head straight to the Celebration Stage Queue downstairs.

8. JaHawk

JaHawk Jedi Padawan

May 24, 2015
    Please could you just confirm I've understood your post? I arrive in London at 6am on Friday, so I'll be at the Excel by 7. Once I've picked up my show badge I can go and pick up a wristband for Rogue One and ANH? Once I have that wristband, I am guaranteed access to the panel or show, right?

Let's say, though, that I want to see the Ahsoka Panel, or a stream of Rogue One - do I have to Q normally just before the panel start time?

9. klihm

klihm Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2016

Awesome, big thanks for the info, it is really helpful!

But wow, so I'll have to be there at 6am to be sure, that is steep :)

10. FN-1138

FN-1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 16, 2015
    Can I pick up two badges if I'm the one who paid for them and have the receipt for two? Or does the other person have to be by my side to pick up the badge?

11. klihm

klihm Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2016
    The way I understand it is that the one who put his or her name down is the one who has to pick up the badge.

12. FN-1138

Dec 16, 2015
    Yes, my name is in the email as the customer for 2 badges. So the badges themselves aren't bound to a specific person, just the actual purchase? I don't remember writing a name for the attendees.

13. klihm

klihm Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2016
    Pretty sure that is how it is. I only put down my name for 4 tickets.

14. FN-1138

Dec 16, 2015
    Ok thanks. Because it would be difficult for my wife to also stand in line, since we have our 2 year old son with us.

klihm likes this.
  15. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    How do you know this? Thanks though! Do you line up for the chute you want then or...?

ChrisLyne likes this.
  16. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    @jawajames @CaptainRegor darthstingy123
    I would Like to go to this panel:
    Ahsoka’s Untold Tales
    July 15, 2016, 11:00 - 12:00
    Galaxy Stage (Door N17)

How does the queue work for that?

I have two minds of going- Leaving about 8:46 and getting to Kings Cross at 10:06, then getting the tube and arriving at the Excel at 10:44. Would that be enough time to pick up the tickets and then get to the panel at 11 on time?
    OR
    Going really early- leaving about 4:10 and getting to Kings Cross at 5:47. Then i was thinking of going into Central London and getting some Breakfast. OR should I go straight to the Excel and queue up.

I'm not sure.

By the time the Ahsoka panel's finished Will the exclusives still be available?

What time then should I realistically start queuing?

17. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I'm curious about this as well. It sounds like a really good system but I can't find this information anywhere on the official sites. I love the idea of being able to get my queuing done before the show starts. From the sounds of this once you have a wristband for a panel you're guaranteed a seat so how long you spend in the Celebration Stage queue downstairs in only determines how good your seat is. If I'm understanding this right it means you can have a lot more show floor time if you're only bothered about getting in rather than having the best seat.

For the Ahsoka panel you would join the main show floor queue (if you were there before 10am) then once that lets in make your way to the Galaxy Stage queue. For Ahsoka I'd recommend heading straight there as I expect it will be a popular panel (especially if Mark Hamill's panel fills up before the show opens during wristband distribution). If you came straight over after arriving in Kings Cross at 5:47 you could join the Rogue One wristband queue (I'd hope there'd be some left at that point), then join the main show floor queue and guarantee yourself a good seat for Ahsoka. You could probably get an (overpriced) breakfast before the show starts as well.

Exclusives - depends what you're after and how limited. If it's a limited edition you must have then maybe go straight there at 10am before going to the Galaxy Stage queue.

As for your timing question, I know it's a pain but if you want a guaranteed seat at the Ahsoka panel I'd say get the early train. By 10:44 I'd hope you'd just be able to pick up your badge and walk in but 16 minutes may just be cutting it a little tight.

Darthmaul208 and CaptainRegor like this.
  18. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    @ChrisLyne So Just to clarify if I went earlier, when if I get there at 6am (wow!) ish, I can pick up the tickets and a wristband for the Ahsoka panel and then get in line to see it, that early? And that the Rogue One wristbands will still be available and I would just need to queue for a good seat? How early is too early then?

When can you go around the show floor?

darthstingy123 ^See above post.

19. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Sorry, think I've confused you a bit. There are no wristbands for the Ahsoka panel. The wristbands are just for the main Celebration Stage.

If you arrive at 6am you can pick up your badge from the registration point then make your way to the queue hall. In the queue hall you will be able to join Celebration Stage queues for any of the panels that day (1st queue is Mark Hamill, 2nd is Rogue One, etc.) OR the queue for show floor entry.

Based on JawaJames' information wristbands for the Celebration Stage panels will begin around 6am, so they may have started giving them out by the time you pick up your badge. If you want to see any of the Celebration stage panels I'd recommend joining the relevant queue(s) (you can have 2 wristbands per day). I would hope that the Rogue One line won't have reached capacity by 6am but I obviously can't guarantee it. Once you have the wristband(s) you want then join the show floor queue.

At 10am the show floor will open and you can make your way to the Galaxy Stage to queue for the Ahsoka panel.

If I understand JawaJames' information correctly if you have a wristband for Rogue One you are guaranteed a seat in the Celebration Stage. How long you chose to spend in the Celebration Stage queue therefore only determines how good your seat is. Some people I expect will get the wristband at 6, go straight to the Celebration Stage queue at 10am and stay there all day to get the best seats, others will get the wristband at 6 and spend all day on the show floor and only turn up x amount of time before the panel (x being whatever they tell you when giving out the wristbands). That's personal preference between getting the best seats and getting the most out of the day at the show.

How early is too early is the million dollar question. What time the queue hall will officially open is still unknown, JawaJames said morning but with wristband distribution starting around 6am who knows if this means 5am, 4am or even 00:01, he did say this info was "as of right now" so this probably hasn't been decided yet. And even if the official queue hall isn't open I imagine someone will start an unofficial line at some point. At this point no one knows. Like I said, I'd hope that the Rogue One wristband queue would still be open at 6am when they start distribution but no one can guarantee that. All I can really suggest is to watch social media Thursday night/Friday morning to see what's going on.

FN-1138 and Darthmaul208 like this.
  20. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    To clarify further, wristbands are specific to the panel. You're guaranteed a seat at the Rogue One panel if you have a Rogue One wristband, likewise for Hamill. But you can't get a wristband for Hamill and use it to go the Rogue One panel as well.

Presumably the Celebration Stage Queues will be open all day, as would the Badge Queue and the Showfloor Queue. The question is whether in practice all wristbands will have gone within a couple of hours or if they'll be leftovers after 'opening' at 10am. It's a system that definitely favours the early birds and those who can do it (ie, aren't bringing kids etc.), but I think it's a good idea since it effectively informs people about whether they can get into the Celebration stage venue. Too late? Then that's alright as you can go to Plan B (the streaming panel) and not worry about it. Also, you wouldn't have to spend hours in the queue uncertain about actually getting in.

Of course, hopefully they have a good system in place to communicate what celebration stage panels are sold out. That's the other side of these organization systems, they need to be clear to the attendees, preferably with big signs.

Lastly, I'm going to cautiously assume that Celebration Stage wristbands are only available for the panels that are occuring that day. So you couldn't get one for Future Filmmakers (Sunday) at 6am on the Friday.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  21. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    After being to many Celebrations before, my advise is to double the time you think you need to get to get into a panel. You never know how popular it's going to be. For big name celebs or panels (i.e. Mark Hamill or Rogue One panel) you may have to triple the time.

jawajames and CaptainRegor like this.
  22. KendallByrd

KendallByrd Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2016

Do you have a link to this anywhere LAJ? I am thinking of going down to London off peak Weds or Thursday next wee to get our badges to avoid the Friday morning rush.....but want to know the hours before I ride 1.5 hours to ExCel from Cambridge.......I don't see it on the Celebration site anywhere....

23. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I assume you are talking about the hours for registration.

If so: This site. Right at the top.
    http://www.starwarscelebration.com/Events/Continuous-Schedule/

24. KendallByrd

KendallByrd Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2016
    Odd they call it registration....and don't mention picking up tickets at all but ok. I'll give it a shot. ;-)

25. Qel

Qel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 8, 2007
    So for example, I get there at 6am having already gotten my tickets on Thursday. Queue up and get wristbands for the panels. Does this mean I'll still effectively have to spend all day queuing up for the panels? Or can I just go and look around and then head to say the Rogue One panel an hour or so beforehand and know I'll get in?