main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CE16 Anyone else going alone?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by sigur, Jul 8, 2016.

1. sigur

sigur Jedi Knight

Sep 16, 2013
    Title says it all.

A friend had had to pull out so it's going to be me there for 3 days.

One bonus I suppose is that I don't have to worry about other people's timekeeping.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

2. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I'm going alone on Friday and Sunday, but have mates joining me on the Saturday. I went with mates last time in 2007 and while I enjoyed it a lot I felt I missed out on a few panels that I otherwise would have gone to, but the flipside is that I went to the One Man Show that my friends wanted to see and thought that was a spectacular highlight.

3. danforpd

danforpd Jedi Youngling

Jul 6, 2016
    I'm going solo on Friday and Saturday but my wife is also going on Sunday. Which works out well as I think she only really wants to see the Carrie Fisher panel.

Solo is a good time, can do what you want without worrying about what others wanna do!

BobaThrowsaFett likes this.
  4. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    We're going as a group of 5. Expecting it to be a lot of fun but definitely won't be sticking together for everything (good job really as that could be a logistical nightmare!)

5. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    I'm going (Han) Solo!
    Couldn't resist, reusing that bad joke... Heh

ChrisLyne likes this.
  6. shiina

shiina Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2016
    Hi everyone ! I'm new on this forum, and I registered in regard to the SWC ! I'll be travelling from Paris on my own as well (I actually made the same -bad- joke as you, CaptainRegor, on another forum [face_whistling] ). I'm wondering if anyone here is planning on spending Thursday night queuing up for the Mark Hamill panel ? If so, would anyone be interested in creating a group so that we can wait together and freely come, go, or rest while waiting ?

I actually talked with people willing to do this on FB, unfortunately their first choice was the Rogue One panel, so I'm trying my luck here...

7. beajeditonight86

beajeditonight86 Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2016
    I'm going alone too. I don't really mind, as I'm not waiting on other people and can do your own thing freely.

Sigur, does that mean you would have a spare entry for Saturday then? I only ask I'm going on Friday and Sunday, and I fear that might not be time enough to see everything I want to see, so I'd like to get in on Saturday too. I could give you some money.

Shiina, I'd be willing to wait with you but if I do queue overnight, it will be the R1 panel I'm queuing for too-sorry! I plan to queue for Mark's panel, but only after I have a wristband for the R! panel.

8. BobaThrowsaFett

BobaThrowsaFett Jedi Master

May 4, 2004
    I'll be attending alone as well on Friday & Sunday.

9. JaHawk

JaHawk Jedi Padawan

May 24, 2015
    I'm going alone, but doesn't bother me as it means I can fully indulge my love of Rebels, Ahsoka and Comics without having my Star Wars friends who only know the 7 films. Plus there's so many people at the Con that everyone in a Q is a friend waiting to happen.

10. Lozeng3r

Lozeng3r Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2016

I was recently thinking the same thing and decided to pick up a Saturday ticket too- I ended up having to buy a pair of them together and i'm only using one, so i'm happy to sell the other at face value (£35) if you (or anyone else) is interested!
    We can just exchange numbers and meet up on Friday inside somewhere so I can hand over the badge/pass :)

11. Chunkydumb

Chunkydumb Jedi Master star 2

Nov 30, 2014

You're completely right about people in queues. Everyone is there for a common love, so you're guaranteed to find a good conversation

12. Taggle

Taggle Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2016
    Yep, I will be doing the whole weekend on my lonesome too. Which, as a disabled convention goer makes it a very tiring experience, with no one along to manhandle bags, help with camera equipment etc. On occasion I do have a friend accompany me to conventions in a sort of 'carer' mode but he doesn't like Star Wars that much so he won't be along. Plus, even without a helper along, I do prefer going Solo, as others have said, it means you are not tied down to the other persons whims (especially when they are not that keen on being there) !

Luckily Star Wars Celebration at the Excel isn't using any of the Platinum suites, which are always the least accessible parts of the Excel, given the sets of doors you have to get through to get to and from the lifts. When on my own I often have to wait for other people to come along to help with those doors !

13. Shandil

Shandil Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2016
    Another loner here. Will be attending all three days (although at this moment I'm thinking about skipping Sunday and doing some tourism in London, forfeitting my ticket for that day).

14. icarozz

icarozz Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2016
    Loner here too :p flying in from sweden for friday only. Friends aren't that into SW so I prefer to go solo for this one.

15. sigur

sigur Jedi Knight

Sep 16, 2013
    If any other loners fancy a beer then

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk