main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CE16 Very confused..autographs and/or photos?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by lukerbl, Jul 11, 2016.

1. lukerbl

lukerbl Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2016
    Hi

First post but have been reading through the forum recently, you all seem really helpful :) SWCE16 will be my first ever event like this.

I would love to meet Mark Hamill for an autograph, but not a photo. Am I correct in thinking he will be signing AND doing the photos separately? I noticed I can pre-order a photo op but nothing about autographs.

I must say, the official website for the event is a minefield of information...are these events always this complicated?

2. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    Yes. He will do them seperatly. Pre-Orders for autographs have not been made available.
    I argree with you the official side sucks this time around and no it's usually not this complicated. ReedPop just doesn't seam like they know what they're doing anymore.
    Enjoy the celebration!

KendallByrd likes this.
  3. lukerbl

lukerbl Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2016
    Thank you for such a fast reply! Hopefully I'll be able to get inside early enough to get in line for an autograph then.

Seems to be so much information about queuing for pretty much everything, hopefully it's not as bad as I'm expecting...

4. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014

It won't be! Since Mark will be there all three days, the queues for him won't be crazy all the time. If you're flexible, watch the line for him closely.

5. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I imagine the high price is going to limit the number of people in the line for Hamill, so I'd honestly be surprised if you had a really long wait.

6. KendallByrd

KendallByrd Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2016
    I thought that as well, however, my wife insisted on a photo op so I booked her one. We are in block 7 on Friday. Each block is 50 people. So we are at least photo op #350 on Friday. Someone is making a killing. Can they even herd that many people thru there that fast?

7. Dancin

Dancin Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2016

Same here but I'm surprising my wife with hers Batch 3 on Saturday.

Would be interested to hear how its all planned out etc on Friday evening, thanks.

8. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    If it's a good photographer and he/she has good helpers to guide people in and out, then 350 people doesn't have to take longer than 30-40 minutes.

Photoshoots can very well be a "blink and you miss it"-kind of thing. People who wanna have a chance for a small chat with the actors should go for an autograph.

9. KendallByrd

KendallByrd Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2016
    I will let you know. They were supposed to publish a schedule on the photo op website by now........Ill try to have something up for you by Friday evening letting you know how the day went.

Dancin likes this.
  10. Dancin

Dancin Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2016

Thanks^:)^

11. Merga Duskseeker

Merga Duskseeker Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2016
    There'll almost certainly be a virtual queue for him which means they'll hand out numbered tickets and call people to queue in batches of like 50 at a time. This means not spending hours in line, which is great!

12. Taggle

Taggle Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2016
    Ahh yes, the by now infamous wad of cash being demanded for Hamill's scribble. Way too much for me. I was kind of hoping to get him and Carrie to sign my press release foldout for Star Wars that was issued for journalists and other attendees at a private screening in Twentieth Century Fox's Soho suite, back in 1977, prior to it going on general release in the UK.

Luckily, I was one of a few winners of an art competition held by the Sunday Mirror back then, so won an all expenses paid trip down to London and their Soho screening room (very nice seats it had in there) to see it, along with the press etc before it went out to the public at large. Nice ! Sadly, none of the actors were there, nor Lucas. Gary Kurtz (back when he was still buddies with George) was though, so I got him to sign that...for free. (those were the days)

It would have been nice then to have Hamill and co add their names to the foldout, with a '39 years too late' message, or something like that. But at those prices, (£135 ! seriously!!) heck no....

KendallByrd likes this.
  13. lukerbl

lukerbl Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2016
    I really hope I have time to go to a stall and buy a decent photo for him to sign. Don't want to get to the front of the line only to find the photos they have on offer suck!

14. Merga Duskseeker

Merga Duskseeker Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2016
    From how I read it more like 'photo' singular for free! Once you have a virtual queue ticket you can join the line any time after your batch is called so you should be fine to browse!

15. Aquila_Skywalker

Aquila_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2004
    If you pay for a photograph can you get an item or a couple of items signed too? Or do you have to pay for the autograph and photo stuff entirely separately? I'd like to know before I leave in the morning as I have a larg(ish) canvas of the binary sunset shot from ANH I had made for Mark to sign but I've bought a photoshoot ticket.

16. Luke4soph

Luke4soph Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2016
    Im pretty sure you pay for it all seperately, so pay the photo price for photo and auto price for the auto, complete bummer as mark hamill is so expensive!!

17. Aquila_Skywalker

Aquila_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2004
    I wouldn't mind so much but the prices are both so high. I don't mind paying a few quid since the demand is there but it just seems like an inefficient way to organise it. They might actually make less money. If it were £135 for an autograph then pay an extra £20 or £30 for a pro photographer to snap your pic while he signs, that would make way more sense imo. People would get more out of the experience and they'd make more overall because more people would opt for the photo and they'd get the same amount of people through at a higher average price. Everyone is happy then but not to be I guess. *sigh*

18. Luke4soph

Luke4soph Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2016
    Does anyone know if sam witwer is signing today or not??