main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CE16 Art of Celebration

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by CaptainRegor, Jun 13, 2016.

1. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014

It would make sense from them to be selling it. However, given how long it took them to respond and how slow they've been to get the convention organised overall, there's a distinct possibility that they're just a bit clueless.

2. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I would definitely go with the official announcement over the Facebook reply. They've not officially revealed any store merchandise yet so it's possible whoever gave that answer doesn't know.

3. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014
    I agree, some intern could be running their social media. Plus, there are a lot of groups handling the various aspects of the convention. It's unlikely that any one person has all the information!

CaptainRegor likes this.
  4. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Where could I get a tube from?

I have one from a magnetic dartboard made from metal- would that be too big or okay?

Also I thought about it, during the live stream last year they interviewed Dave Filoni. If someone on the live stream thread tags me, I could head to the cantina area they probably have set up and try and get him there.

5. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm simply using a cardboard tube that I bought at a FedEx office.

6. Subiaco

Subiaco Jedi Padawan

Feb 16, 2013

You could get a tube from amazon/ebay/whathaveyou designed for carrying posters, with convenient shoulderstraps and screw-on lids... Might be cutting it a little close to the Celebration though.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Post office or store that sells posters might work as well. And you could see if there are any on sale at ExCel.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  8. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014
    Art shops would have them too.

9. Merga Duskseeker

Merga Duskseeker Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2016
    There wont be any on sale at Excel so get some beforehand. Post offices, Rymans, Staples, WH Smith etc will sell them cheaply.

10. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Do you know definitely? If so how?

11. Chunkydumb

Chunkydumb Jedi Master star 2

Nov 30, 2014
    Praying there are enough left to buy this on the Friday. It's gorgeous.

12. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014

I preordered it without a moment's hesitation, but I seem to recall that they have a certain number of each print set aside to be sold at the convention. They'd be foolish not to, since most attendees will be unaware of the prints until they're at the show. At least you know what you're looking for!

13. Chunkydumb

Nov 30, 2014

I don't blame you, I would have if I had seen it earlier. That's true I'll try to pick it up ASAP. I've got a nice section of wall waiting for it to be framed.

14. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014
  15. Merga Duskseeker

Jul 9, 2016
    Apologies. It is possible that some vendors may have some for sale, but Excel itself is just a big convention centre so there won't be anywhere inside that would stock them. Safer to bring a couple with you!

16. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    @Merga Duskseeker So they won't be in the art show section? Where we pick up the artwork from the creator?

17. Lozeng3r

Lozeng3r Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2016

Yep I just had to have that one so pre-ordered it as soon as it went live. As I understand it, there's 250 total of all the prints there, 200 of which were available for pre-order, and 50 reserved for direct sale at the event. Get there early and you should be ok :)

CaptainRegor likes this.
  18. Merga Duskseeker

Jul 9, 2016
    I'm talking about poster tubes! Not the prints themselves!

19. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    That's what I'm asking about!

Won't there be poster tubes available when I pick up my artwork?

20. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    No, probably not. I've had to fix my own tube. This year I have remembered to pack one, even if I'm not planning to buy a print, but you never knows...

CaptainRegor likes this.
  21. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Looks like it.
    SW.com posted a guide to essential things to bring.
    1. Poster Tubes
    Licensed poster vendors, incredible fan artists, and exclusive free posters are all common gems you’ll find across the Celebration floor. With that in mind, it’s important to bring an easy, non-crushable way to carry all of your acquisitions, and a sturdy poster tube often does the trick. Without bending your posters, the tubes offer an extra guard in the form of often plastic protection, and while they’re often available in hobby shops and other stores, there’s a chance that you’ll find a few vendors with them available on the show floor. Poster tubes are also a really great way to store autographs from the cast, and they take the stress out of packing your bag just the right way for any long trips back home.
    http://www.starwars.com/news/8-essential-things-to-bring-to-star-wars-celebration

I have a certain tube in mind-hopefully it will be alright for the art I ordered.

22. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    In the case that the tube I have isn't big enough, would anyone be willing to sell me one of their spares?

23. Chunkydumb

Nov 30, 2014
    Managed to pick up my Malcolm Tween print, #84 of 250. Lovely bloke, and was up for a conversation even though he had a small queue.

CaptainRegor and SensationalSean like this.
  24. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014
    I got #87. So YOU were the jerk holding up the queue! I kid, he really was a cool guy.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  25. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    The tube I took was big enough, collected the Ahsoka piece.
    Lucked out on getting them signed by Dave Filoni and Ashley Eckstein.

CaptainRegor and SensationalSean like this.