main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CE16 Celebration Stage wristbands & queueing (was: How to get in to Hamills stage show)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by klihm, Jul 4, 2016.

1. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Last year I lined up at 9pm the night before the opening panel and don't regret it at all, even considering that people who showed up within hours of the panel still got in. It was a great time and part of the whole experience for me. I've waited in line for Star Wars before, but never a truly dedicated overnight stay like that. I figured why not this time. Got in a few cat naps throughout the night. I didn't consider it necessarily a badge of honor, rather, just something I'm glad I did to experience the whole of Celebration and be one of the first to get in. There was definitely an atmosphere of camaraderie among everyone there, everyone cheering when one of the horizontal metal barrier posts would fall on the ground (anybody remember that?), discussions abound concerning all things Star Wars that I've never had in my life, then, finally once the chutes started moving one guy yelled out "First transport is away!" and everybody cheered like they did in ESB. In my adult life I don't think I ever felt more comfortable and at peace with where I was or what I was doing than being amongst everyone there. The chills I felt during the initial sequence of the trailer, then the eruption of applause once we all heard "Chewie, we're home", all after that night of waiting and knowing what's about to happen over the next four days. Guess you had to have been there. Changed my life.

Granted, I was 28 at the time and went by myself, so lining up was easy to do. And indeed, no matter what, there will always be a queue for the actual queue, so might as well give people a safe environment to do that in.

I understand the frustration someone might feel if they are not able to do that, but to get all bent out of shape and act like the rules should be adjusted so they can be accommodated is ridiculous. And the language some people are using, not just about the lines but also the schedule, prices, layout, people saying they are "gutted", swearing off Celebration as a whole, wanting refunds and going on tirades about it, just being overly dramatic about it. People need to get over themselves. It is what it is.

Padme501st and ChrisLyne like this.
  2. Merga Duskseeker

Merga Duskseeker Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2016
    It's that sense of self entitlement "I want to do everything without paying or putting in effort because I bought an entry ticket"

The whole event is special but perhaps it depends on how much Star Wars has meant in your life? Either way I'm gonna struggle to sleep tonight!

3. sworrubsnz

sworrubsnz Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2015
    Me too! And that's pretty damn cool! Have an awesome time everybody!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  4. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    In the queue. It looks busier than it is, 2 rows full for Rogue One but everyone's quite spread out and we'd probably all fit in 1 row so far if we weren't all sitting/lying down (Mark Hamill queue is about 1/3 of a row so far)

About half way down the first row, sitting with some great Celebration veterans and hearing some great stories of previous events.

5. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    We're looking to get to the RO queue at about 5am. Earliest we can manage. Hopefully it won't be full by then.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  6. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006

The odds of you getting into the RO panel are 4.200 to 1... but I have been known to make mistakes....from time to time...

Oh dear...oh dear.

redxavier likes this.
  7. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Likewise

8. antovolk

antovolk Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2016
    Well damn, seeing reports on Twitter of a repeat of last year's pizza stunt from Kennedy!

9. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Yep just had pizza courtesy of Kathleen Kennedy! Having an awesome night.

Queue is up to 3rd row but really spread out so plenty of places left! Still people coming in (and more pizza, they ran out of dough!) but only a few, think there will be plenty of wristbands left at this pace but we'll see what the morning brings.

10. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Got here too. There's excitement in the air! Will probably join queue in an hour or so

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

11. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Queue started to be condensed about half an hour ago, they're doing a count now.

12. sigur

sigur Jedi Knight

Sep 16, 2013
    I'll be there around 0530. Hope it's early enough

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

13. Merga Duskseeker

Jul 9, 2016
    My completely free unscientific and inaccurate guess would be around 1,000 people so far. So if it holds 4,500 as people have said then the worry was for nothing!

14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    In the queue now, it's not too bad. I'd say about 1500 people.
    Not so bad, the Hamill queue only has maybe 50 people right now

15. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Just got in the queue.

16. Matt the radar technician

Matt the radar technician Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2016
    Do you think it's already full?

17. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Not yet.

18. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Yeah about 1500 at most in the queue. It really started to pack from 4:30 onwards. Everyone flooding to the Hamill panel now. They'll probably still be tickets though at 7 or 8 but maybe not 9am. Who knows how many seats are reserved.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

19. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
  20. Merga Duskseeker

Jul 9, 2016
    Got bands for Hamill & Rogue One. What was the fuss about? Ha

21. danforpd

danforpd Jedi Youngling

Jul 6, 2016
    Got in the building about 6.15am, and out by 7.00am with both Hamill and Rogue One. Thankfully I live close to the venue so I'm off home for a shower and coffee!

22. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Seems the people who waited overnight kinda wasted their time.
    Bit at least KK gave them free pizza

23. JaHawk

JaHawk Jedi Padawan

May 24, 2015
    My bus into London was delayed so I only arrived in the city at 6:40. Rushed (as fast as the tube allows one to rush) to the Excel, panicked at the prospect of Queues and sold out wristbands and... I got a Rogue One & New Hope band. That was easy. My fears of poor organisation have been allayed. Now I'm really excited for the weekend..

24. nonesuch

nonesuch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2015
    I'd love to hear from anyone who gets there after 7 to see how they get on with wristbands. Call it 'research' for the FF panel on Sunday. I am heartened by the fact that the demand doesn't seem anywhere near as heavy as people feared. I feel like I can be reasonably confident about getting a proper sleep and a panel wristband now!

25. Merga Duskseeker

Jul 9, 2016
    It's 8am and the board is showing three panels green and one yellow so there's wristbands for all still available.