main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CE16 Celebration Stage wristbands & queueing (was: How to get in to Hamills stage show)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by klihm, Jul 4, 2016.

1. nonesuch

nonesuch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2015
    Ah, great! How does it actually work? Do people come around the queue putting wristbands on people, or do you queue for a particular desk and get your wristband there? Also, is it some kind of traffic-light system, as in green means there are plenty of tickets, and yellow means they're starting to run out (but still available)?

2. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Well it's 8am and rogue one is still available. I wonder if that includes the streaming panels...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

3. antovolk

antovolk Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2016
    So seeong the R1 main stage wristbands all gone now. Only streaming available

4. nonesuch

Jun 18, 2015
    Ah cool - do you have any idea when the last of the ones for the main stage went?

5. JaHawk

JaHawk Jedi Padawan

May 24, 2015
    I got mine at 7:40, so within the last 40 mins. I'd assume 8:15 but that's a pure guess

nonesuch likes this.
  6. Chunkydumb

Chunkydumb Jedi Master star 2

Nov 30, 2014
    I've got a light green R1 wristband, is that for a screening not for the actual thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. JaHawk

JaHawk Jedi Padawan

May 24, 2015
    The wristband will say "16:00|
    The wristband will say "16:00|Celebration Stge" or "16:00|GalaxyStage". That's how you know which you have

8. Yoe Dameron

Yoe Dameron Jedi Knight

Feb 25, 2016
    Anybody who got a main stage pass for Rogue One, can you tell me when you arrived to line up? Trying to figure out how early we need to get up for Rebels S3 tomorrow.

9. Qel

Qel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 8, 2007
    I didn't go to Rogue One today but when we got there around 7:45am we basically walked right in (already had tickets) and got a Mark Hamill wristband, the queue for Rogue One wasn't too long at that point and they seemed to still have them available as we got towards 10am opening although by that point I couldn't quite see the sign at the back.

10. Glorious

Glorious Jedi Knight

Jul 17, 2015
    Yeah we arrived at 09:10 and Hamill had "sold out" and RO was limited. Other 2 were green on the sign.

11. nonesuch

Jun 18, 2015
    I obviously understand that it's not an exact science, but what do people see the demand for FF wristbands being like compared to the demand for the Rogue One wristbands? Is it likely to be busier or less busy, based on the buzz? I'm just wondering if I'll be alright getting there for 7.15, or if I need to night bus it.

12. Merga Duskseeker

Merga Duskseeker Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2016
    You have to think everyone's going to want to go so earlier than later.

13. Taggle

Taggle Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2016
    Really ?? Bent out of shape ? Because some of us took issue with what was obviously arranged as a publicity stunt. (Yep, I hear Kathleen Kennedy bought the queues a pizza last night, shades of Anaheim, yep, I saw that one coming) Tell you what, if you think some of us 'complaining' about a setup that inherently excluded some fans is ridiculous I will trade you my physical disability for your otherwise fit stamina, so I can then sit all night in a queue to earn this so called 'the badge of honour'

14. nonesuch

Jun 18, 2015
    I'm somewhat limited because I'm taking public transport, which is relatively limited on Sundays. I am, however, hopeful because they still had tickets for the Rogue One Celebration Stage event at 7.45 today. I'm just hoping and praying that it's not significantly busier for the FF panel.

15. Taggle

Taggle Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2016
    Got up at 6.00am, takes me around 2.5 hours to get ready (neuromuscular disorders make life run like treacle). Got there around 8.45am, unsurprisingly, all main live stage bands were gone. Got stroppy with one of the senior staff because hey, I promised my friends I would stir things a little. (and I'm not talking about stirring the dough for those pizzas KK delivered, how nice) Worst thing the staff member said, to paraphrase her, was 'well, we do this because people do enjoy the 'overnight experience'. Force choke upon her ensued, in my mind at least !

Saw some of Hamill's talk on the streaming screen. Saw a number of empty seats in the wide shots...funny! Then kind of felt ill at around 12.00, getting up that early takes it's toll on this body o'mine.

Will see how it goes for tomorrows panels, I think I probably have a better chance of getting a band for the EA panel at least. And perhaps Daniels. By contrast to the stages, the main floor for the most part seems rather lack lustre. Couldn't get to view the Rogue One costume section, will try that tommorrow to see if that's got some more oomph to it. Liked the Lego BB-8 though, small thing, small things.....

16. Chunkydumb

Nov 30, 2014
    Managed to get both Rogue One and Mark Hamill, dead chuffed and great panels, I was two people off asking Mark a question. Just missed out, devastated about that.

17. Taggle

Taggle Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2016
    Did anyone get a bit sly and ask him about 'Slipstream' ? Ahh poor Mark way back then.....fresh off Star Wars and then that bit of bad cinematic luck..

18. Chunkydumb

Nov 30, 2014

Sadly no one talked about Slipstream ;), what a crap film.

19. ArtyShadow

ArtyShadow Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2016
    Is it possible to still get into celebration stage panels without wristbands if there are free spaces left in there? Should I try sticking around at the end of the queue for creatures, Droids, aliens of force awakens and ea games

20. Yoe Dameron

Yoe Dameron Jedi Knight

Feb 25, 2016
    We showed up a bit before 6AM and got the wristbands we needed (Rebels and EA) and the Kylo Ren ticket. Everything went smoothly!

21. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Wristband queue moving freely this morning, 2 rows for Rebels by 6am and they were spread out (so maybe one row really) before they started distribution. Not even half a row for the others. In show floor queue now, hoping to do Trials on Tatooine this morning.

Heard Rogue One costumes & props was busy yesterday morning but we only had a 5 minute queue near the end of the day after the panel.

ArtyShadow - I've heard you can (if all the wristbands haven't been distributed) but not tried it or verified with staff.

22. JaHawk

JaHawk Jedi Padawan

May 24, 2015
    Just got back to the hotel from collecting wristbands for the day - got Creatures, Droids & Aliens with ease, and Rebels with about 5 mins of queuing. Anyone who was also there yesterday got any recommendations for stuff I might have missed on the floor that's worth checking out?

23. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Costumes and Props were great to see so up close and really short queue yesterday. Really want to try the ILM Trials today. Enjoy the show floor to, so much to see!

24. michaelsft

michaelsft Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2015
    We were in the galaxy stage for the Rogue One panel and they messed up on the trailer at the end which was very disappointing, I presume the same happened at the behind the scenes stage stream too. I was happy sitting in the streaming section but the lack of trailer was awful, that would've been great to see with everyone but instead they made a hash of it and didn't correct it.

We went at 8am yesterday and got MH and R1 streaming. Went at 6.30 today and got Creatures and Rebels easy. Think I'll go a little earlier tomorrow for the Future Filmmakers and Carrie which I expect to run out rather more quickly.

25. ArtyShadow

ArtyShadow Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2016
    Hmm I'll check by the screen in the queue hall or swce twitter and see if all the band's are out. If they haven't I'll try and get into the ea panel. Came just before 6 and got my rebels and Anthony Daniel's wristbands. I'm kinda surprised how much quicker the queues went. There was hardly anybody at Anthony Daniel's and the rebels process was really fast. Also got my kylo ticket :-D