main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CE16 Streaming Star Wars Celebration London 2016

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by StarWarsFreak93, Apr 6, 2016.

1. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    I hope they do post the full replays. I watched it all today which meant a 6AM wakeup and coffee with Mark Hamill. :cool: I would love to see it all over again. At one point 38,000 people were watching the live stream during the Rogue One panel. I am loving this live streaming thing.

2. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    It's interesting. Now they seem to have taken it all down. It is unavailable on StarWars.com, youtube, and all other websites providing it.

3. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000
    Thanks MotivateR5D4 and icarozz. I found the video's from Mark Hamill's panel and Ahsoka's Untold Tales a couple hours later.

I'm now a little confused about the Rogue One trailer. Was the sizzle reel during the panel the trailer, or is there something coming tomorrow?

4. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Does anyone have a link to the Music Remix that's played at the beginning of the Rogue One panel yesterday? It's a TFA themed remix.

5. icarozz

icarozz Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2016

They only showed the new trailer to the audience at the very end of the panel (for the stream, they cut and showed sizzle again). Were rumours that it would show up online later in the evening, but nothing yet.

6. Schwarma

Schwarma Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    Watching the Anthony Daniels. They're spending the whole time doing some stupid scene reenactment instead of interviewing him. Not only is Daniels coming across as extremely douchey and annoying, but I don't see that this is value for money when surely convention goers what to hear about the behind the scenes stuff? Feel a little relieved I didn't end up going.

7. JarJar4Eva

JarJar4Eva Jedi Master

Nov 1, 2005
    This is cool. It would great if Comic Con did this.

8. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    I've been following the livestream pretty closely, and the thing that has surprised me the most is actually how few people seem to be tuning in. The Rogue One Panel reached 35,000 viewers, Rebels earlier this morning was at about 15,000, but for the most part it's fluctuated only from about 3,000 to 8,000 people watching. Granted, I work a swing shift so it's been easy for me to get home at 1 am pacific time and tune in for most of the night into the morning. But especially today being Saturday, I'm surprised at how few people are watching right now. I saw more people tuning in to the unboxing event last year.

Sith Soup: I know what you mean. To be honest I was a little underwhelmed at Mark Hamill's panel as well. The audience members seemed to ask the same favorite/most memorable moment type questions, and his responses were just sort of all over the place. He did touch a little bit on Luke going forward into Episode 8, but not much.

It's also not quite following the schedule that was put out a week ago, no complaints about that, just saying if you expect to tune in to something specific it might not be shown exactly when the schedule says it will. It seems as though they aren't putting up the whole livestream video afterwards either but are just splicing it up into specific interviews and panels.

Overall it's been fun watching, definitely feel like a little bit like I'm experiencing it. Its cool even just watching the live feed of the attendees and what's going on there with the camera panning back and forth. Plus it's provided a constant stream of Star Wars music in the background. Got one more morning left after today.

Sith Soup likes this.
  9. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    This impromptu with Mark Hamill right now is fun to watch, pretty insightful, better than his panel.

10. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Oct 8, 2000
    Ok. That's kinda strange, it not showing up online yet. The TFA trailer was up online hours after the panel last year.

I like that there's just the panels to watch, but I miss being able to watch the livestream from the whole day like last year. I spent the whole week after going through to see everything. Really made you feel like you were there. This year feels a bit more disjointed.

11. Jedi Dragon D

Jan 24, 2013
    Very few people watching it surprised me too...

Also, the *******s downvoting the streams... comon!

I hope all this low viewship doesn't mean they will not do it again in the future.

12. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Well obviously the time had something to do with it, given the fact that it's being streamed in the wee hours on the west coast and early morning on the east coast. But I am still surprised at just how few people are tuning in.

13. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    The majority of Day 2 is still available as one block to watch, but I imagine they'll do the same for it as they did with Day 1 fairly soon. Same with Day 3. I'm just going to enjoy my last night of streaming later and then see whatever they decide to leave online in the coming days.

14. Jedi Dragon D

Jan 24, 2013
    Do most Star Wars fans have a habit of not waking up that early, even if it's for Star Wars?

I woke up at 5AM to watch it, just because it's Star Wars, and not because I already had enough sleep.

I can't tell other SW fans what's important to them, but for me seeing these panels (And FREE on top of everything) are great!

15. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    They don't have the comments section! That was a great part.

16. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Jedi Dragon D

For me, it's about trying to at least in some way feel like I am experiencing it and am a part of it. And so far I have. It's just not the same watching it later on as it is while it is actually happening.

As far as other fans go, I'm genuinely perplexed by the low turnout. I figured there would be a high level of interest in it for those not attending.

17. Jedi Dragon D

Jan 24, 2013
    Only 6000 watched Carrie Fisher that's just sad.

18. Jedi Dragon D

Jan 24, 2013
    I don't understand, either,

19. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    It's been like that all night/morning.

20. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    And that was that.

New logo for next year revealed.

21. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Oct 8, 2000
    I'm glad that the entire live stream for days 2 and 3 are up. I'm not sure why day 1 isn't up, as far as I can tell. That's what I'm most interested in, since I missed most of it.

22. jordantwodelta

jordantwodelta Jedi Master

Feb 6, 2013
    I think Day 1 stream was taken down because of the huge spoiler accidentally mentioned during the R1 panel.I noticed earlier today that the R1 panel is now available and the spoiler has been edited out.

23. Lozeng3r

Lozeng3r Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2016
    Oh damn, I was in there during the panel and I just realized/remembered what that was. I thought it was a weird bit of miscommunication on the panel or a joke or something but if it's been edited out and is true, then that really sucks to have had spoiled :(

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  24. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Is it me, or was simply watching the live stream a lot of fun and worth remembering?

I randomly started watching Day 2 a little while ago and I definitely have that feeling of like "wow, that was a really great time" and whatnot. All from just tuning in that whole weekend and just sitting here trying to stay up each night knowing its all happening live. And it really wasn't all that long ago that it happened. Left a SW soundtrack in my head for about a week after.

Some might say I need a life, but if this is it, I'll be alright.

Padme501st and CaptainRegor like this.
  25. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    Yeah I greatly enjoyed the Anaheim streams for last years and despite actually being there in London I've watched the streams from that one as well. Lots I missed after all!

MotivateR5D4 likes this.