main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CE16 Highlight of the weekend?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Chunkydumb, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Chunkydumb

Chunkydumb Jedi Master star 2

Nov 30, 2014
    Just curious what everyone's highlight of the weekend was and any stories you may have? Here's my list in no particular order:

• Meeting Andi (host of the Star Wars Show).

• Shaking hands and talking to Gareth Edwards (Rogue One Director) for about five minutes on the show floor - we both come from the same town (Nuneaton) and went to the same school so that was our topic of conversation. That was an amazing moment.

•Meeting Peter Mayhew

•Mark Hamill's panel (I was two people off asking a question and getting a free autograph but the panel finished :( )

• Rebels Panel
    • Ray Park Panel
    • Rogue One Panel (was good for us who were there but I can understand people's disappointment who weren't there.)

• Virtual Reality Star Wars.

There's so much more to say but there's just a few of my favourite moments over the weekend. What were yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Padme501st likes this.
  2. Luke4soph

Luke4soph Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2016
    How mad i come from bedworth!!! Lol
    My highlight was talking to sam witwer and getting his autograph, he was such a decent bloke! Spoke to me for about 5mins or so about my poster and the sigs ive got on it, and then he posed for a pic with my gf because she really liked him haha

Padme501st and Chunkydumb like this.
  3. Merga Duskseeker

Merga Duskseeker Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2016
    So hard to pick any one thing. I got a jolt from seeing so many kids as Rey, it's great to see them getting into a positive role model.

Otherwise being in the Rogue One panel when they did the Ep IV crawl which turned and changed, and just chatting to people from all over the world. Everyone is positive and friendly and into the spirit of the event. It was great to be part of.

jordantwodelta likes this.
  4. JaHawk

JaHawk Jedi Padawan

May 24, 2015
    Either the Rogue One or Anthony Daniels panel - Anthony was a particular surprise, as I don't consider myself a fan of C3PO, and that translated in my head as assuming he wouldn't be too entertaining; but he was genuinely hilarious. Meeting Carrie (though only for a moment before security whisked her away) was also a great little moment.

Padme501st likes this.
  5. Chunkydumb

Chunkydumb Jedi Master star 2

Nov 30, 2014
    That's incredible, you're just down the road! Would have loved to have met Sam Witwer, seems like a genuinely nice bloke

Agree with all of that. The beginning of the RO panel was superb.

6. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Ahsoka's Untold Stories panel, seeing all the stuff and the Ashley crying was just too emotional.
    Second was Rogue One.

Padme501st likes this.
  7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Highlights for me were seeing Doug Chiang's Designing the Art of SW With the Master panel - very good. Both my partner and I enjoyed it immensely. I also got to meet Jason Fry and got him to autograph my copy of the SW Atlas. I was amongst a group of users from this forum that was name-checked in the Acknowledgement section and I was determined to get the book signed. He even personalized it with a small Fett drawing!

Padme501st likes this.
  8. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Slightly unusual one for me. Ended up back stage at the final of the cosplay competition (Friday) helping my brother - who was the Chewbacca in the competition (spent a number of hours on the floor spotting for him on Fri/Sat, too - Chewie gets mobbed everywhere he goes). The costume is phenomenal, but labour-intensive. That was pretty interesting, watching the wheels turn. Backstage met Warwick Davis and saw Gwendoline Christie sweep out after her Rogue One panel duties.

9. sigur

sigur Jedi Knight

Sep 16, 2013
    Another who agrees with this.

The Rebels panel was tremendous too. It had a similar buzz to the Rogue One panel.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Padme501st likes this.
  10. JEDImasterNick

JEDImasterNick Jedi Youngling

Dec 24, 2015
    Seeing Carrie and Anthony as well as Hamill up close. Also hanging out at the Empire booth which had a few interviews and also the Rogue One panel (By far the best)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Padme501st likes this.
  11. Taggle

Taggle Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2016
    Anthony's panel was one of the only two I managed to get wristbands for and yes, totally agree there. He certainly was a proper showman, worked the crowd and came out into the crowd to boot, that's how it's done :)

The other panels I managed to get in on without wristbands were standby's, so basically tucked in at the last minute way out to the side. The view from way out 'east' not so great (basically the view from there being the back of Warrick Davies' head eclipsing Carrie for example, the viewing line being straight down the length of the stage and the screens almost directly above us, so a bit of a strain to look up at those as well) Still, I was actually in there.

Padme501st likes this.
  12. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    Got many highlights, but the one I want to share right now is this:
    [​IMG]
    He absolutly loved seeing it, I didn't ask him to write anything he did it all on his own, he was really cool!

13. lukerbl

lukerbl Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2016
    I didn't expect to get a Mark Hamill wristband, but I did (which was great) and to top it off, I also got a Rogue One wristband and I'm so glad I did as that was amazing. As was meeting Mark Hamill. Overall, a great weekend full of amazing friendly people. Have to say, I was rather worried about the organisation but, for me, everything went to plan perfectly.

Padme501st and CaptainRegor like this.
  14. OliffWanKenobi

OliffWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2016
    In all the excitement of SWCE & #Cantina, my wife & I both completely forgot that last Saturday was our 7th Anniversary! But now we'll be able to look back and remember our 7th anniversary was when we went to our first Celebration. :)

Padme501st likes this.
  15. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    Accidentally passing in front of Mark Hamill just as he did the unhooding on the Starwars.com stage - I was STUNNED. I also got to pat his dog, so there's that!

Padme501st likes this.
  16. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014