main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CE16 Anyone else disappointed with guest list?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Matt the radar technician, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Chunkydumb

Chunkydumb Jedi Master star 2

Nov 30, 2014

It probably will, and it will probably be better organised, which pisses me off as I have no chance of getting there.

2. Merga Duskseeker

Merga Duskseeker Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2016
    It's the same organisers, so why would it be different?

3. sigur

sigur Jedi Knight

Sep 16, 2013
    I was in there for the RO panel and the it was electric.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

4. OliffWanKenobi

OliffWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2016
    We were there yesterday, we got there at about 8.45am and got wristbands for the Rogue One stream, i thought everything was as well organised as a huge event gets really. We didn't do autographs or photo ops because of the prices, but we had a great time. We loved seeing so much passion for Star Wars in one place, the R1 exhibition was cool too. Infact we loved it so much we bought day tickets for Sunday. And I might part with the cash for a autograph or photo op with Peter Mayhew. :)

5. Yoe Dameron

Yoe Dameron Jedi Knight

Feb 25, 2016
    This was my first Celebration, so IDK if it's the norm, but the lack of writers, comic artists, and voice actors signing was disappointing. I'm more interested in meeting them than doing the big cash for big celebrities.

CaptainRegor and Darthmaul208 like this.
  6. Merga Duskseeker

Jul 9, 2016
    I'd have liked to have authors there too. That would be a big plus.

7. ArtyShadow

ArtyShadow Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2016
    I overheard a rumor from the people in the queue around me that Daisy and John were seen on the underground or another train or something coming into London. Could be malarkey :p but one spark of hope can ignite the Galaxy :)

8. jeykey

jeykey Jedi Master

Jun 27, 2013
    It was actually possible today to get Gareth Edwards's autograph... For 100£

9. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
  10. Merga Duskseeker

Jul 9, 2016
    He signed in the art area. The prints (which were gorgeous) were sold for 100% donation to charity.

11. jeykey

jeykey Jedi Master

Jun 27, 2013
    It was actually yesterday (saturday)
    I think he Did It also on the 1st day as well
    I noticed It on twitter, It wasnt labelled anywhere in the celebration unless i'm wrong

12. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    @jeykey Where then, Damn. Went Friday, got into the Rogue One panel but didn't hear anything.

Wish they would just let them all sign/meet guests. It's a little silly.

13. JEDImasterNick

JEDImasterNick Jedi Youngling

Dec 24, 2015
    Agreed. I wish the Rogue One cast were signing!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  14. jeykey

jeykey Jedi Master

Jun 27, 2013
    https://twitter.com/starwars/status/754321218728230912

i agree it's not particulary pro to announce it on twitter only
    i don't think i got message on the celebration app, which would have been slightly more useful

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  15. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Did they even have Rogue One art for sale?

I think it was a little annoying that these guys were there for the panels but then didn't sign or meet or greet.

People like Ashley Eckstein (story about that), Sam Witwer, Dave Filoni, Rogue One Cast, John Boyega and Gwendoline Christie.

16. Lozeng3r

Lozeng3r Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2016
    I've gotta say I enjoyed the guests- the Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels and Carrie Fisher panels were fantastic and seeing the Rogue One cast talking about their characters on stage was a nice surprise too.

I really think people just have too much of an obsession with signings and autographs- sure it's nice to own something like that but having an actor's precious convention time taken up by sitting at a table mindlessly signing prints over and over just seems like a waste. And even when they do sign people complain about the prices. And even if they were less expensive, then everyone would want to get one and people would just complain about the queues for signings.

darthvader88 likes this.