main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Bendu

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth_Accipiter, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    this guy. "I'm the one in the middle,The Bendu" What role will it play?

[​IMG]

They still seem to be on Atollon- note the crabs and the coral landscape.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Good question. Another bit from the trailer that intrigued me.

3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014

DARTH-BADGUY likes this.
  4. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    Wasn't the name "Jedi Bendu" in one of the original drafts for Star Wars?

Iron_lord likes this.
  5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Yes, it was the full name of the Jedi in the rough draft.

whostheBossk and Master_Rebado like this.
  6. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Yeah, was also used in DH's The Star Wars mini-series comic back in what 2012/13-14.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  7. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I wonder if the Bendu have something to do with the origins of the Jedi and Sith orders.

Matthaeus Sunrider likes this.
  8. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    Possibly, but I almost think they are their own separate entity.

9. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    This is what I'm thinking. Or maybe since he's "the one in the middle" he's speaks for grey force users?

darklordoftech likes this.
  10. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I'm thinking there was the Bendu and that the Jedi and Sith split off to fight each other.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  11. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    That's possible. I just hope we get more history on the first Jedi and Sith either in Rebels or a new canon book.

12. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    Yeah I hope they include all the different types of Force Adepts. I'd like to see the Aing Tii Monks and The Sister's of The White Current next. And if possible, a whole new group.

Darth Basin and Master_Rebado like this.
  13. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
  14. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Similar to The Father, The Bendu is meant to be a force sensitive creature that can control both Light and Dark.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Everyone was calling it the lion Turtle 2.0 on YouTube.

Darth Basin likes this.
  16. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    I would compare it more to Bumi. it will enlighten Kanan on neutral jing, which is the in between of positive and negative jing, though technically there are 85 jings total

17. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I am looking forward to knowing more about Bendu.

darklordoftech likes this.
  18. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    That's what I liken it to.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  19. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Idea for a shayamalan twist: the bendu we see in the trailer is a puppet controlled by a yoda creature who also controls the spiders.

20. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I really hate this idea of there being something in the middle. The light and dark/Jedi and Sith are like Yin/Yang, they are two sides to the same coin. One is selfish, the other selfless. Dark to light, good to evil, freedom to oppression, a life of service to a life of being served, peace to conflict, etc.

There shouldn't be a middle, imo. They already tried to do this with Father as the one in the middle that controlled both Daughter and Son, light and dark. Yet, in the end he was fundamentally a good guy that balked at Son following the Dark Side. It's like a concept they didn't know what to do with.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

21. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one put off by this. I think part of the problem is the word "balance" implies that being "in the middle" to be a positive thing. But, given what has been pre-established about the corrupting nature of the Dark Side / its similarity to addiction, using the Dark Side even partly, or even some of the time, should be a bad thing. It doesn't make sense to me that character can really harness the power of the Dark Side without bringing in its negative associations of destruction, evil, selfishness, etc.

IMHO, the Bendu would be better as an ancient Force user (light side) separate from the Jedi, as the Dagoyans in TCW were. With unique wisdom to impart to Kanan, "lost" Force techniques, etc.

22. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I'm sorry but the Jedi and Sith are angels and demons, not yin and yang. The Sith are evil, seek to wipe out the Jedi, and are an unnatural abberation, not another side of the same coin.

Sarge likes this.
  23. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015
    I wonder if perhaps they are going for a "The Dark Side isn't evil, it's a part of Nature (death, extinction, etc. makes way for new creation), but it is the Sith's INTERPRETATION of the Dark Side that is evil." Still not really buying it, but that's the best I've got right now.

24. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    In what way are they unnatural? They follow the Dark Side of the Force, which is a natural state that the light side is in balance with.

That is exactly what yin and yang is, that the world exists in opposing dualities. Hot and cold, day and night, masculine and feminine, birth and death, etc.

In the Mortis arc, that was even how the planet was represented, in an exaggerated cycle of day and night, birth and death.

The Sith are the antithesis of the Jedi, just as the Dark Side is antithesis to the Light. They fall on two different sides of a line.

That some being is straddling the middle is not an appealing idea to me. Especially when, as @Mirificus points out, the Dark Side was tempting/corrupting. The idea that somebody can use it and find wisdom with it and straddle between the two opposing ideologies/natures of the Force just goes against the whole thing, IMO.

It's one thing to have other incarnations of Light Side followers or Dark Side sects (e.g. Witches of Dathomir). But it's another thing to say someone is between these two sides of the Force.

And unless the trailer is just edited in a misleading manner, then it seems like the Bendu - like Father - despite being "in the middle," is going to be a good guy, since it appears he's warning Kanan against the pursuit of Dark Side knowledge.

Father criticizes Son for falling to the Dark Side, when Daughter is equal and opposite in her devotion to the light, but he doesn't seem to care. He makes some vague statement about too much light or dark being bad, yet push come to shove he only criticizes Son's devotion to the Dark Side.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

whostheBossk likes this.
  25. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Just because the existence of the dark side is natural doesn't mean that sentients using the dark side is natural. The Sith seek to replace the natural balance with a universe where they rule and everyone else obeys them.