main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CE16 Star Wars Pins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ArtyShadow, May 24, 2016.

?

Worth it?

1. Yeah they're awesome

50.0%
  2. Meh

37.5%
  3. DO NOT GET THEM 0_o

12.5%
  1. Chunkydumb

Chunkydumb Jedi Master star 2

Nov 30, 2014
    Where can you buy the pins at the event? The store?

2. Luke4soph

Luke4soph Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2016
    Managed to get a few this morning entering queue hall off a couple of staff members, got emperor, ahsoka, chewie, vader, wicket!!!!

3. ArtyShadow

ArtyShadow Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2016
    The only way to get ahsoka is by making a £100 purchase

4. Chunkydumb

Nov 30, 2014

What about the normal pins?

5. Merga Duskseeker

Merga Duskseeker Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2016
    Normal pins in the show store yes.

6. OliffWanKenobi

OliffWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2016

Did you have to buy or trade for them?

7. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    Picked up Jabba earlier, he's super cool!

8. Luke4soph

Apr 16, 2016
    There is a couple you can buy, jabba, rex and another one cant member which, but all the other eg palpatine, general ackbar, leia, luke, anakin etc etc you can pick up off members of staff trading ones you have with them, best to find them at the info desk, and in the morning when queueing to get in after the bag check, or i did hear you can go to show store and buy "blind sets" which have different emoji pins in but as it says its a blind set so you dont know who you get

OliffWanKenobi likes this.
  9. Luke4soph

Apr 16, 2016
    To get the ones i got, i brought 2droid sets and 1 force awakens set when they came out online, before the event, then traded them today

10. Luke4soph

Apr 16, 2016
    Brought a blind set and got the force gost yoda!! So chuffed lol

11. Chunkydumb

Nov 30, 2014

Lucky bugger, I got a sodding Padme.

12. Luke4soph

Apr 16, 2016
    Really gutted!!!!

13. Lozeng3r

Lozeng3r Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2016
    I got a Kanan and Ben Kenobi in my blind box, which I promptly traded for Admiral Ackbar and Darth Maul.
    Also managed to get a Boba Fett and Darth Vader quite easily so i'm happy- the trading with staff system was great!

14. Luke4soph

Apr 16, 2016
    Really i would of kept the ben kenobi one!! I really wanted to get a boba fett!!
    I also thought meeting the staff talking to them and trading was so good got to chat to a few great people!

15. Chunkydumb

Nov 30, 2014
    Looked on eBay to see they're selling for mad prices. Should have bought more at the even, got no chance of getting the ones I want.

16. Luke4soph

Apr 16, 2016
    I cant believe half the stuff for sale on ebay!! Why people think they can sell it for such high prices is beyond me, the luke skywalker lanyard for instance, i brought for £7 at show store on ebay its like £30, the pre order badge sets could buy for around £35 now on ebay at like £70 absolutely madness!!!!!

17. sigur

sigur Jedi Knight

Sep 16, 2013
    This flipping is something I find disgusting.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

18. Chunkydumb

Nov 30, 2014

And me. Some people just buy them to flip them, when someone who actually wants them misses out.

19. Luke4soph

Apr 16, 2016
    Yh its absolutely disgusting, i just cant see how they can expect people to buy this stuff at such a high ridiculous price?!?! As i said the luke lanyard, £7 in show store £30 on ebay how can these people think thats what they can sell it for? I just dont understand it

20. Luke4soph

Apr 16, 2016
    And also the jabba pin again for instance, £10 at the event and now on ebay £25?!?! Just what?!?

21. Lozeng3r

Lozeng3r Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2016

Not saying i'm defending people overselling on eBay, but you've got to understand supply and demand. The Luke lanyard for example is an exclusive you could only get at the celebration store just like many other items, which first required:

1- Buying a Star Wars Celebration ticket
    2- Travelling to the event (travel + accommodation expenses)
    3- Queuing for hours early in the morning to be one of the lucky ones to actually get into the store first within a reasonable time to actually buy the exclusive items

Now, i've bought things on eBay last year for example because the cost of me actually travelling to Anaheim from the UK to get them would be ridiculous, and I understand that there's no other way i'd be able to buy these exclusives otherwise. If I could just buy these 'exclusives' for the same price online a few days later then they'd hardly be exclusives to the event would they. And again, if people are bidding up to high amounts on eBay then there's clearly a demand. You should feel lucky you were able to, or at least had the option to buy them for a more reasonable price at the event yourself.

22. ArtyShadow

ArtyShadow Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2016
    (Good/Urgent)
    I heard from a member of staff while I was lining up for the checkout that the set of 15 pins available in the store was to be released online for £50. These pins would be the blind set and the trade able ones.
    Has this already happened and if not can you guys help me find the website?

So annoyed, While I was getting my pins the OT love heart pack was hanging up but i decided for the normal ones cos they were classic

23. Luke4soph

Apr 16, 2016
    Well i suppose there is that tbh, and yh if they did do that they wouldnt be exclusives, but they do try to sell at a silly price!!

24. Lozeng3r

Lozeng3r Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2016

Some of the listings are indeed pretty ridiculous, like the stupidity of this just blows my mind.

25. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    I think I'll hold onto my guide for a few years ...