main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Gwendoline Christie (Captain Phasma) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darkslayer, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    More likely she knew turning off the shield would alert her command and most probably have Kylo come look into the matter himself... which he DID!

Although I heard there was a deleted scene where Kylo found the crashed Millennium Falcon and even went inside!

2. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    It's a joke in a Lego game, not an official explanation.

And Lego games aren't remotely canon.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  3. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Yeah, I feel like they should've kept it in the film.

4. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Those side stories ARE considered canon though. Just not how they're presented. Isn't that right?

5. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Unless those events have been presented in other media, then no. Nothing Lego does is canon. It's all meant as lighthearted entertainment with no impact on timelines or canon.

6. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    :rolleyes: have you seen the lego games? luke draws a crayon drawing of his dad and gives it to vader and vader starts crying. are you saying a crayon drawing with the word "dad' on it is canon?

[​IMG]

Talos of Atmora likes this.
  7. Banana-Wan Kenobi

Banana-Wan Kenobi Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 6, 2016
    Really hope Phasma comes back! Rian has potential for her!

8. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Isn't Phasma coming back in a more significant role in Episode 8? It will be good to see this first lady villain of Star Wars make a triumphant return to the First Order, after her rather underwhelming screen-time in TFA! ^:)^

9. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    One of the misleading things about the marketing and promotional material for TFA was how much of a presence Phasma had in it. What truly baffles me is how that photo of her in Vanity Fair depicts her involvement in the battle of Takodana, and yet that is not the case in the film. Even making a story choice as minor as subbing her in for the stormtrooper that fights Finn would have validated her narrative value more. She defeats him on Takodana, then he gets back at her on Starkiller Base.

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Her lack of role didn't bother me tbh.

11. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Her implementation in the film is what it is at this point, but it's just a shame that the marketing misled many into thinking she would be a significant antagonist.

12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Same. I was expecting more. Maybe on Jakku and at Maz's Castle. And Starkiller Base. The trash Compactor scene was worth it though. Dislike it, but worth it.

13. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    That's one of the reasons I try to steer clear of as much official info as possible. Having the wrong expectations for a movie rarely works out well.

I like Phasma, BTW. She looks cool and has a great voice! I'm hoping for some wicked Phasma action next time around - but I won't expect it ;)

14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Yeah, I didn't see or hear anything about Phasma before I watched it for the first time. No expectations to be disappointed.

A testament to avoiding being misled by hype.

15. Lazy_Ewok

Lazy_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2016
    I had no problem that they didn't have a lot of her in 7 but she was alright the amount if time that she was in it. If she will be in 8 then I hope that they will have more of her. Wasn't she thrown into a trash compactor at the end of? I bet that she is pissed and wants revenge, that would work for 8 and hopefully she will be in it for more time than in 7.

16. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Can it be that Captain Phasma is not human but maybe Rodian or Zabrak given the giantic helmet? IMHO it would be cool to see some stormtroopers in the FO who are not human.

17. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
  18. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    I hope she does more than that useless, overrated piece of **** with the "cool armor".

19. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    They set Phasma up as Finn's would be nemesis but the switch was that she wound up being neutralised successfully before Finn would have to confront the embodiment of the truly dark side of the regime he has deserted from. And for Rey's sake. He is fortunate to survive.

Likewise, Kylo is set up as Rey's would be nemesis. Rey is forced to deal with the realisation that she is meant to take a path and that the saber is a type of beacon. When she accepts that path she eventually neutralises Ren.

He on the other hand has turned away from the light and taken a leap into the darkness for a shot at promised glory and power. He too has had to overcome his instincts to achieve this, or so he believes. His "thank you" is an attempt to abdicate responsibility. When the purging of weakness is not forthcoming, Ren struggles to continue on his path while denying his instinct that he is wrong.
    Because of this, Ren is unfocused. Hence the inability to anticipate Chewie's shot and the rest.

20. Harbour

Harbour Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2015
    Phasma was turned into joke, definitely. Cant accept her as a serious dangerous character after TFA.

21. Martoto77

Aug 6, 2016
    Why? Because Chewie overpowered her?

22. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    I love Phasma. Cool character and great actor IMO. Looking forward to seeing what they do with her next.

23. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I think she's more credible as a bad ass now if anything, because she will want revenge.

Martoto77 likes this.
  24. PaulWrightyThen

PaulWrightyThen Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2016
    I guess this remains to be seen. For me, and I'm a fan of the movie, she was disappointing. Good in theory, but I agree with others that she wasn't given enough to do. I'm a fan of Christie's as well. So you can Imagine my little "Oh dear" in the cinema when she was just a punchline. If she's used better in 8 I will be very happy.

25. Martoto77

Aug 6, 2016
    The plastic duck that Luke recovers as he's escaping DSII explosion must be set up for Episode IX.

And don't forget the wookie cookies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.