main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "What I do is not up to you." - Wonder Woman 1984

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Aug 5, 2016.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    [​IMG]

First Preview Footage (from DC TV Special):

Comic-Con Trailer:

Previous Discussion on the development of this film can be found in these threads:
    -SFAF Archive Thread (Joss Whedon development)
    -YJCC Archive Thread (TV Series starring Adrienne Palicki)
    -The DCEU General Discussion Thread (Modern Continuity film)

I thought we already had a thread for this one, but I must have been thinking of one of the older threads archived above. Still, with Suicide Squad and its impact on the DCEU now dominating discussion, probably time for this to get its own thread.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I am so looking forward to this. That trailer is fantastic.

And the line in the thread title is my favorite, along with the response to "I do what he tells me to do and I go where he tells me to go.

"Where I come from, we call that slavery."

BOOM.

3. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The trailer really is pretty great. It'll do a good job of attracting interest beyond the fanbase regardless of whatever impact Suicide Squad as on the DCEU brand.

As for the thread title, that was the quote that stood out to me most (at least without quoting her from BVS, which wouldn't make sense for her solo film), though my first choice would have been quoting the theme music but I wasn't sure "AAAAYYYY-IE-AAAAYY-DAI-EEEEEEEAYYY-IE-AAAAYYY!!!" would have translated well. ;)

4. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    All I can say about this movie is: About time! Really hope it turns out well....I like the trailers so far.

5. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    if this one sucks (and im not saying it will, but if it does), i propose that all future DC movies be confined to the DC movies thread, as punishment

thread-spreading should be for acclaimed megafranchises only

SuperWatto likes this.
  6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

So Fast and Furious 12 can still get its own thread then...

7. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

yeah, people actually like those, (ive only seen parts of a couple of them, personally), rather than watching them out of a sense of obligation to their own stunted manchildness

SuperWatto likes this.
  8. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I am amending this to propose that they must all be grouped under Rogue Number Ten's Marvel parody thread. Because, in the first place, it will be extra insult to have the deliberately wrong franchise name. In the second, I can just read the opening post over and over.

Debo, Rogue_Ten and CT-867-5309 like this.
  9. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

im almost glad that thread got locked immediately by some jealous and humorless mod. if it had stayed open it would have just wound up disappointing me

like a stillborn child, it will always be my little angelbaby

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  10. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    That thread reminded me of those Shakespeare in 5 minutes books.

11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I just read it, and it's pretty damn funny. That's bizarre that it got locked right away with no explanation whatsoever.

12. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    The WW trailer actually looks amazing. I knew I wanted a superhero movie with a woman as the lead (et tu, Black Widow movie), but it wasn't until I saw this trailer that I realized just how much I actually wanted one. I really, really want a movie where a woman just kicks ass all over everybody in the world and is unapologetically the strongest character in the film. And this looks like this may be it. The trailer checks off all the boxes I wanted it to. I don't know if I even care about the larger DCU, but I want this movie to be good enough to maybe resurrect it, if only for the sake of this movie.

The way she just backhands that mortar shell away with her shield . . . ^:)^ [face_love]

13. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Really excited for this, the trailer looks great and Godot as WW was one of the biggest bright spots in BvS.

14. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Saw this trailer the 2nd time with Suicide Squad. Quite cool.

I see one small inconsistency, looks like WW fights soldiers with guns and what not and has to put some kind of effort into it, where in SvB she was able to fight Doomsday. I mean really she should be waltzing through normal people and guns fire and such like Ursa in Superman 2.

15. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Agreed. I initially thought Gadot was a bit too dainty to be WW. But what sold it for me is that grin she got while fighting Doomsday.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  16. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    That's what sold you it Merk? Damn, you're a hard sell, just fighting Doomsday and hacking his arm off did it for me.

Darkslayer likes this.
  17. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    "Wonder woman".

18. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Which happened after the grin?

Jedi Ben likes this.
  19. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Honestly, the chance of more color correct costumes what is making me look forward to the Justice League and Wonder Woman movies. They look like they're going to better balance the exciting, colorful, and exotic side of Wonder Woman, Superman, Cyborg, and Flash with the more gritty, angry, and dark side of Batman there to balance it out. The poster even has true colors instead of that Spartan-esque bronzed tint that drowned away the details and colors of Wonder Woman in BvS. The striking difference here shows a step in the right direction for DC. Do I dare hope that this is what the final product looks like?
    [​IMG]

Sarge and Rogue1-and-a-half like this.
  20. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Interestingly enough, the brighter colors actually look more realistic than the dark ones. I think the darker palette was supposed to make things look grittier and more realistic, but in the case of those two images, it's the brighter one that looks better. I've always said, ever since it was first unveiled, that the original BvS image made her armor look plastic. I mean, look at the swords even. That one on the left looks so plastic. Also, boy, there is a weird perspective thing going on in that image. Does that trip anybody else out? Her sword kind of changes direction when I try to focus on it. Weird. Just me? Probably.

Anyway, in the trailer for the WW solo movie, her armor looks way more realistic; there's a couple of shots of her feet sliding on the floor and her leg armor (I'm sure there's a technical name; shinsplints? no? OK) looks great and the braces on the arms do as well. I think the decision to brighten things up a bit has really helped.

21. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Greaves. They are called greaves.

Sarge and soitscometothis like this.
  22. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    I think you're thinking of that robot general in Revenge of the Sith.

23. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007

Even in BvS the movie the costume was clearly red and blue, the colors were just faded(presumably from age and battle while the WW movie one is new) it was really only that first image that made it look so drab.

I mean the behind the scenes stuff for BvS shows it red and blue as well. Just a bad first pic to release, but given the X-men films haven't learned that lesson after all these movies I can't fault them that much.

I'm still shocked they got the costume adapted this perfectly.

24. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    It was great fun seeing this trailer on the big screen last night. I like Gal in the role and I'm looking forward to seeing her do her thing here.

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I was actually disappointed/surprised that they didn't okay the WW trailer in front of my showing of SS. Are they screening the comic con trailer or a different one? Maybe it's just 3D screenings?