main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Chart Hits Challenge - Can a recent hit inspire you? (Feb 19th, 2018 - 8 more titles & rule revert)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Ewok Poet, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Findswoman likes this.
  2. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    I don't know how fast I'll get something up, but go ahead and hit me. #14 please.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  3. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
  4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Sounds like you are having good success with this idea, Ewok Poet.

I have too many active fics on the go to take on another one, just now.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  5. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
  6. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I'm going to read that and comment on it now. :) That said, it'd be totally awesome if all participants would be going through each other's stories, support is cool!

Your second song is Black Eyed Peas' Meet Me Halfway. Interesting video that has been analysed to death is in the spoiler, the lyrics are here

Findswoman likes this.
  7. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
  8. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Thank you. :) Read, reviewed and added it to the index.

If anybody is stuck or anything - feel free to ask for prompts, tips etc. Perhaps I can help. :)

Findswoman likes this.
  9. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Here is my response to the challenge - Not Just Talking Body. Updated the index, too...now, if I was to review my own story, I would've been cruel to myself. XD

Findswoman likes this.
  10. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    I'm having trouble finishing up a story for the challenge because I hate the song and the artist I received. I'm doing the best I can, but if I get this fic done, it won't be a precise fit for the song. Is that okay?

Findswoman and Ewok Poet like this.
  11. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014

Absolutely OK by me - you were still inspired by it. :) And that song IS challenging, not even to mention the video. [face_sick]

Findswoman likes this.
  12. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Ewok Poet, I'd like to take you up on your offer of tips and prompts, if I may. For some reason I am having a really hard time getting started on mine (Carly Rae Jepsen, "Call Me Maybe"); I think it's partly because (a) it's so immensely teeny-bopperish that it's hard for me to get it to fit with most the kind of things I usually write, and partly because (b) I'm trying too hard to marry it to the award fics I still have outstanding, and they just don't want to be married to each other for whatever reason. :p So yea, I'd love to see what you've got in the way of tips and prompts. :)

Ewok Poet likes this.
  13. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    ...and just after you wrote that, you had an idea. XD

Findswoman likes this.
  14. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    If I may poke my head in with a suggestion, when I wrote mine I definitely didn't depend on the lyrics. I was more inspired by the story behind the video.

Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  15. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    It's true, I did! :D Because, after all, I do have two teeny-boppers already in my ocedarium...

...namely, Soozoo and Talloïse. This time Talloïse could visit Soozoo on Nal Hutta and develop a crush on some narcissistic dreamboy artist-in-residence at Bonvika's court, whom she then does all sorts of stuff to try to impress.

Which leads me to divapilot 's advice:

That is pretty much the same approach I was thinking of taking here. The character may or may not even make it to the point of actually presenting the dreamboy crush with a holofrequency and saying "Call me, maybe." :D

Thank you both! :)

divapilot likes this.
  16. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    I'll try Number 1 for my next choice.

Findswoman and Ewok Poet like this.
  17. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    Well, my video featured a lipstick lightsaber and missiles shooting from Ariana Grande's chest, so I found the lyrics more inspiring. :D

18. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Welcome back! :)

Your song is Use Somebody by Kings of Leon. The lyrics are here, the video is in the spoiler.

And WTK, was there a shortcut for dice? I didn't mean to throw anything, so now I'm just goofing.

19. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
  20. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I had about 1,200 words of a completely different plot line written, but it really wasn't working so I scrapped it and ended up with this. I'm just happy the muse sort of cooperated.

It's posted over in NSWFF and is a fanfic for The West Wing (If you're in the social thread you are probably thinking, "Go figure!" :p ). I wrote a little primer in the notes of the story of the information you'd need to know if you never watched TWW, though I think you'd still get the gist without it.

Don't Have to Look from Afar

Ewok Poet likes this.
  21. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    mavjade - Going to have a look now and update the index. :)

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

22. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    A week away from my laptop and the muse has given me bupkis (actually, it gave me a bunch I can't write till January), so I think I shall try my hand at another song to finish off my summer of "floundering muse".

Ewok Poet likes this.
  23. Hopefulwriter

Hopefulwriter Jedi Master star 3

Jan 6, 2016
    I've always written listening to music. I wrote my fan fic SHOWDOWN (Han Solo) listening to Michael Jackson's BEAT IT.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  24. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    I'll do one more, so give me Number Two!

Ewok Poet likes this.
  25. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I shouldn't do another right now, but I can't help myself.

Ewok Poet likes this.