main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Official Info] Alan Tudyk (K-2SO) in Rogue One

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darkslayer, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Oh okay - Cool.

I hope they play him as sarcastic and I hope he has a love/hate relationship with Jyn (based on that clip) "Here - Carry this K2" *sighs* "no..." *dump*

2. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    I like that he and Cassian are buddies. It will be different from Chewie's relation with Han, since Kaytoo isn't the emotional type. Will be very interesting to see how their friendship plays out.

Some people have already called that K-2SO will be the only member on the team to survive the film.

Rodie likes this.
  3. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

Oh, man, that would be heart-wrenching.

4. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    I can't believe how amazing he looks. They could tell us that they just built a real robot and had it walk around talking like Alan Tudyk and I'd believe them. The most I'd question is if the voice was actually Tudyk.

I think he is going to end up being the runaway star of this moive.

5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    "The captain says you're a friend. I will not kill you." [face_laugh]

6. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015

Can we talk about this some more? Is K2SO not the most realistic character/ mo-cap CGI every created? Looks completely practical. If I didn't know better, I would swear that it was an actual robot.

7. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Blows my mind. I think seeing him in action will be the true test, but from what I've seen so far they've crossed the droid uncanny valley (if there is such a thing).

8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I wish he said "Yet" at the end.

9. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    It would be funny for comedic timing if he added "yet" at the same time that she said "thanks". But really, I get the feeling that once K2 has confirmed with Cassian that someone is a friend, he will do everything to protect that person. He may have an attitude and he may not want to carry their bags, but I'm thinking he'll do everything he can to save his fellow rebels.

10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    True. Can't argue.

EHT likes this.
  11. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    A few days ago I saw a giant version of Kaytoo's head rolling down the road. It was a grey Fiat 500. I'm now seeing Rogue One content in ordinary things.

12. Ed_Fett_77

Ed_Fett_77 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 19, 2015
    I wonder if K2 uses Blasters?

13. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000

Tudyk never seems to be carrying any weapons during the action sequences.

14. LongLiveJimJamJim

LongLiveJimJamJim Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2016

Why? None of them are in the OT. Wouldn't make sense that these important, talented Rebels are not there to help in the OT.

15. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Wouldn't it make much more sense that not every rebel in the whole galaxy is at one battle, no matter its import?

16. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I thought all the characters were cool but came here specifically to see what people were saying about him. I think his personality looks great and I can't wait to see him in action.

17. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

So because none of them are in the OT I should feel nothing if they die? :confused:

Also there's a huge galaxy with tons of Rebel Alliance cells, so why do these particular Rebels have to stay on Yavin? In fact, it would make more sense if they don't return to Yavin if they survive. They don't know if Vader might be following them, so why lead Vader straight to Yavin IV? Them surviving and returning to Yavin IV would actually be much stupider than them surviving and not showing up on Yavin IV. If they were followed to Yavin IV the Empire likely would've arrived there by the beginning of ANH and then the Alliance on Yavin would've been destroyed before R2-D2 even delivered the Death Star plans. So yes, it does make sense that these important, talented Rebels are not there to help in the OT.

18. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    I will be seeing Alan at Dragoncon next month. I'll try and wrangle some info if I can. Jason Isaacs will be there, so I will be trying to talk to him the most (Highlander, Event Horizon, and Harry Potter questions really) and the cast of Grimm.

19. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    I'd actually prefer to see K2 die on film. It would be quite a feat to introduce a new droid in the movie, get us to care about him and love him, and then feel all the feels when he gets shot and is dying. K2 dying in Cassian's arms? That would be amazing.

20. LongLiveJimJamJim

LongLiveJimJamJim Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2016

It wouldn't make sense if they are important and have great skills to the rebel alliance and are not at even mentioned during the OT. Same thing with Ashoka, Kanan, Ezra, etc... It's going to be a big stretch to just say that they are just a small cell and were on the other side of the galaxy during all these huge battles when they could be needed. You don't think Mon Mothma might get in touch with the people responsible for stealing the DS plans at sometime during the OT? Guessing you think Mothma sent them a holo saying, "hey its the Mon, you all were pretty good stealing those DS plans and such, thanks for your help have a great life we are good to go now."

21. weezer

May 16, 2001
    I'm sure she did. I'm sure she did lots of things during the OT, and we saw, what? 5 minutes of it tops. I'm sure that Mon Mothma was more important to the rebellion than being the introductory speaker for Ackbar. Not everyone in the galaxy needs to be related, or know each other. It's something they're moving away from as a whole. I'd say that was a problem with the old EU at a point, but the nu-eu is doing the opposite (Twilight Squad is a good example).

Beyond that why would the pseudo black-ops team of spies that got the plans be the same ones to fight the battle. They didn't take the spies that laid the ground work for D-day, slap a helmet on them and put them on the beach. The work that they did is as much of a fascinating story as the work done by those troops on the beach though. Similarly, while we're following the Skywalker story in the saga, it doesn't mean that there can't be other stories running parallel to it.

22. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  23. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Just watched lil Transformer DOTM.
    I almost LOL'd at who I saw.!

24. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  25. starocean90