main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY who is writing the rogue one book? and when will it come out?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediLightside1966, Aug 17, 2016.

1. JediLightside1966

JediLightside1966 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 30, 2015
    does anyone know? has anyone heard anything on the internet?

2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Hmmm...good question. I don't think they've announced that yet. The last big literature news I've seen is the new Ahsoka novel and of course the new Thrawn book. I could be wrong.

3. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    That would be Rouge One: Catalyst by James Lucino, out November 15. This is a prequel to the events of the film. A conventional novelization of the film is due out the same day the film opens this December, but no author is listed for that.

Jammies

JediLightside1966 likes this.
  4. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    No, it has been announced. It's by Alexander Freeman. He previously did Battlefront: Twilight Company and several pther novels.

5. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Thanks Darthmaul208 I should have just went and checked Amazon before I spoke up. I forget they have preorders up sometimes even before stuff is officially announced. Looks like the e-book comes out the day off but a hard dead tree copy isn't coming out until Jan 3rd kinda like they did for The Force Awakens.

Yoda_Jammies and Darthmaul208 like this.
  6. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    I think it came out at Celebration.
    I'm always a little unsure about Amazon listings and when exactly they know. The Uk Amazon has the upcoming Ahsoka novel author as EK Johnston (that actual author) and Zendaya. No idea who or what Zendaya is.

I think Amazon users are allowed to edit these details though I'm not sure.

The Hard copy still is a ridiculous idea in my mind, sure spoilers and all but really I don't care. I'll be there opening night (unless something happen where I can't) regardless.
    Hopefully this time the novelisation is worth it and more stuff is brought to the table. I passed on the TFA novel because of the meh reactions here.

It never hurts to ask though and someone usually knows, any other questions feel free to ask!

Yoda_Jammies likes this.
  7. JediLightside1966

JediLightside1966 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 30, 2015
    thanks Jammies.

8. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Anytime Lightside! :)