main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions What from the EU are you hoping gets re-canonized?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by AstroDroid88, Jul 24, 2016.

1. LordDallos

LordDallos Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2016
    Kyle Katarn: Dark Forces II was what the Thrawn Trilogy was to the group of fans slightly older than me and what TPM was to the fans slightly younger than me. It just grew the universe in my heart and soul. Would line nothing more than for that story or a variation of it to come back.

Mara Jade: The ST will probably make or break her as an a big part of the New Jedi Order but I still hold hope.

Old Republic Era: Hyperspace War, Madalorian Wars, Jedi Civil War, Revan, Exar Kun, Meetra Surik. I want it all!

The Ancient Sith: Maybe make the race/religion/government thing a bit more clear, but PLEASE recapture that haunting, ritualistic vibe that the old Sith give off. It's just such great lore.

Lots of light saber colors: I just like colors man.

On a side note, I'd also like to make a death list of things from the EU I never want back:

Luuke Skywalker
    Palpatine Clone
    Galen Marek (or anything from TFU)
    Chewie Death
    The Sun Crusher (oh damn I'm too late)

Ithorians likes this.
  2. Etav Byx

Etav Byx Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jul 28, 1998
    I agree with the above statement that "in name only" isn't something I'd like to see. I'm not too worried about many of the plots since they were often the problem, but characters and characterizations I'd like to see back in their mostly original form (in no particular order):

Mara Jade
    Corran Horn
    Whistler
    Soontir Fel
    Pelleon
    Talon Karrde
    Kyle Katarn
    Jan Ors
    Isanne Isard
    Rogue Squadron

I'm not really sure if any of these ships have made it back but:
    Dreadnaughts
    Interdictor Cruisers
    Skipray Blastboats
    TIE Defenders

Other stuff:
    More saber colors ("I'm with you too" Lord Dallos!)

Things I'm glad are gone:
    Kevin J. Anderson
    Darksaber
    Lando & Mara

LordDallos and Darth Cocytus like this.
  3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012

Defenders are back - but only in computer games so far. Immobilizer-418 Interdictors are back - but so far only in novels - the Interdictor in Rebels is more Star Destroyer scale.

Kev-Mas_Colcha and Etav Byx like this.
  4. Etav Byx

Etav Byx Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jul 28, 1998
    Cool -- thanks!

5. theraphos

theraphos Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2016
    I would love, love, love for the Stark Hyperspace War and the Yinchorri Uprising to make a comeback. Not just because I really love Plo Koon (though I do :D) but because they were good stories that don't contradict anything I can think of and resulted in some supporting cast I also really love (Micah Giiett, Jace Dallin, Tyvokka, and of course Bultar Swan - a movie character, if a minor one - has her entire scattered backstory spun out of the Yinchorri Uprising even if she wasn't actually in Acts of War).

Chancellor Yoda and Nom von Anor like this.
  6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012

I think there was a momentary nod to it in the Tarkin novel - but in a way that suggested certain retcons had been made - Ranulph Tarkin uses a computer virus instead of Stark:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ranulph_Tarkin

7. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016

Yes please. Him, Ghent and Mara Jade. Preferably voiced by the ex-Amy Pond herself.

8. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    For one I would keep my favorite piece of old EU literature Darth Plagiues around. It created such interesting backstory's for both Plagiues and Palpatine and provided a lot of insight into the Siths plan for domination.

I would also keep Jango Fetts backstory from the comic Open Seasons which also was one of the first EU works to focus on the mandalorians.

Lastly I would like to see Durge again, a underrated villain IMO. The fact he could easily kill Jedi despite having no force powers made him a true threat to anyone.

9. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    You spoke my mind, because I´m in that group of fans that grew up with Dark Forces II. Kyle Katarn, Jerec and his "Dark Jedi", the Valley of the Jedi, 8t88... its absolutely part of Star Wars for me, so I would love it to be back into canon in some way. The dark troopers and even Mara Jade herself were part of that storyline at some point too, so it was great all around.

LordDallos likes this.
  10. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Guys let's face the truth. I know it hurts. Our favorite redhead will never be recanoned:(

11. LordDallos

Feb 2, 2016
    Don't say these things!

12. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    I don't want to
    but let's be real. It's like when you find out Santa is fake.

Ord Sorrell likes this.
  13. Ord Sorrell

Ord Sorrell Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2016
    Santa is fake? OMG! wtf!!!

why isnt this in the "spoilers" section .. aww man you ruined it for me

Darth Basin likes this.
  14. Ord Sorrell

Oct 16, 2016
    There are some great suggestions here...lot of good material ..

as for me personally? I enjoyed reading the thread.. but honestly .. it doesn't matter to me what is canon or not, I make my own canon in my mind, and Disney, even Lucas can never tell me what to take in and allow to flourish in my imagination and what not to..

Should I ever embark on a career which involves writing star wars fiction I am sure I would be able to compartmentalize canon vs non canon easy enough to write within either universe...

LordDallos and Force Smuggler like this.
  15. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Ord Sorrell, remember to use the edit feature to avoid double posting.

Ord Sorrell likes this.
  16. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Wait till you find out about the Tooth Fairy!

Ord Sorrell likes this.
  17. Ord Sorrell

Oct 16, 2016
    I remember feeling a couple of water balloons the Tooth fairy was carrying one night when she left a silver dollar underneath my pillow.. so I know she's real!

Darth Basin likes this.
  18. Todd the Capuchin

Todd the Capuchin Blind Mod of SWTV Possessed with the SIGHT star 1 Moderator

Oct 18, 2014
    I'd love for the Anzati to be properly reintroduced. Poor Dannik Jerriko is just a "mutant" human right now. The nerve!

19. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Mutant? Doesn't Fox owns that word like the goat owns the Cubs?

Call the lawyers!

20. LordDallos

Feb 2, 2016
    I kind of do the same thing. In a way, I just think of the New Canon in the way that I think of the MCU in relation to the comics. It's a separate universe, but one in which I like to see some of my favorite stories from the original universe adapted.

Ord Sorrell likes this.
  21. SkyJade114

SkyJade114 Jedi Knight

Nov 4, 2016
    Mara Jade, still a Jedi badass and married to Luke Skywalker.

kalzeth and Nanaki like this.
  22. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015

You are part of the EU Alliance & a traitor! TAKE HIM AWAY!

LordDallos, Nanaki and PCCViking like this.
  23. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    Plus, she has the same Lightsaber color as Windu.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

24. Unitomic

Unitomic Jedi Knight

Dec 31, 2015
    Mmm, I would much rather beings such as Revan be treated rather Legandly, where we know they exist, and they were major parts of the history, but the nature of it being hard to pinpoint. I rather like having a vague history as presented from the modern standpoint. Create a feel similar to how the Prequel - era history must have felt before the Prequels came out. Vague and mysterious. Once they detail it, I feel it will lose the beautiful allure it's mystery created.

Beyond that, I would like to see Mara (although I've heard rumour that it will be the daughter/grand daughter of Obi-Wan, likely with Satine. Idk how I would feel about it).

It upsets me that Han has died. Because now that leaves Ben the only means of progressing the Solo line. I liked being able to refer to the Skywalker-Solo line. And later, the Skywalker-Solo-Fel line.

kalzeth likes this.
  25. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Let's all hope that Han haves a 1/2 brother out there somewhere so the Solo name continues.