main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Life is Strange

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ahsoka's Tano, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Attn Mods: If there is another thread about this game, please merge this one with the old one.

All I can say is, wow. I've played dozens and dozens of games in my lifetime, and I think it's safe to say that no game has given me such feels as LIS had. Some games give you that "emotional roller coaster" with highs and lows. This isn't a very happy game. It's real; even though there is that underlying fanciful time travel rewind aspect that makes it unique. I'd highly recommend downloading the 1st episode of the game, which is free for PS4, XBOX One, and PC.

2. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    WebLurker likes this.
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  4. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
  5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Thank you for sharing it. The game certainly had an resounding effect on me by the time I completed it. It's not something I would normally encounter when playing any video game.

JediMatteus likes this.
  6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well the sequel game will be released this Fall; but in the meantime there's a somewhat spinoff game being released tomorrow involving a young boy. An artist posted this rather poignant fanart.
    [​IMG]
    By artist Faithcael

WebLurker likes this.
  7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    So the trailer came out yesterday for LIS Season 2. It already seems like a handful of people (at least some of those in the LIS Facebook Community) are disappointed in the characters and potential story it involves. Frankly, I don't see how anyone could come to judgment over a trailer less than a minute and a half long.

8. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    was always going to be the case with no max

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Or Chloe. But that wasn't the half of it. Believe it or not, there are quite a handful of people that are disappointed because it doesn't seem like the new season will involve a homosexual relationship; as if that's what the LIS series of games is only supposed to be about.

10. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Please don't have a crappy last episode.

I loved Season 1 if not for that god-awful final episode.

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    What was wrong with the final episode of Season 1?

12. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    It sucked.

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    So in other words, you don't have an explanation. Gotcha.

14. bizzbizz

Dec 16, 2015
    So played episode one of lis2 wasn’t bad still think episode one of the first game was better but lyla was pretty awesome

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Lyla is a secondary character, right? I haven't even bought the game yet (will soon be engaging my gaming time on Final Fantasy XV); but I've seen trailers to it. One thing I still want to do is binge-play the original story in chronological order (beginning from the bonus "Farewell" episode where Max leaves Chloe for Seattle, going through Before the Storm, and ending with the
    "save the bay"
    choice of the original game; which I still have yet to see in full.

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Working through the original LIS story in chronological order and yesterday finished Before the Storm as well as the "Chrysalis" episode of LIS. For the first time I could see how some people had issues with the continuity from Before the Storm; given that the prequel came out after the original and was produced by a separate company.

17. bizzbizz

Dec 16, 2015
    @Ahsoka's Tano have you read the life is strange comic that continues on with the bae ending? If so would you recommend it I’m on the fence about it

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I think it comes out next week. Coincidentally, I'm on the verge of watching the Save The Bay ending for the first time - which is I believe is the alternate reality to what the comic follows.

bizzbizz likes this.
  19. bizzbizz

Dec 16, 2015
    Yeah I looked it up after I finished my playthrough since I went bae with little regret

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    From what I understand, the Bay ending is actually longer and (obviously) more depressing.

bizzbizz likes this.
  21. bizzbizz

Dec 16, 2015
    Yeah I think the bay ending was what the developers had in mind for the canon ending since it’s longer and more fleshed out but still don’t regret my choice. Other then Joyce/warren/Kate marsh and towards the end step douche I didn’t care for anyone in the town

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I always watch the YouTube reaction videos after watching the climax scenes from the various episodes on my own. Like last night I watched a handful of reactions after the twisted The Dark Room (Episode 4) ending. You really get a sense of the responses and relive them; for the most part.

bizzbizz likes this.
  23. bizzbizz

Dec 16, 2015
    You still have some of the better ones wouldn’t mind a watch. Been trying to find someone do a good playthrough and see reactions to all episodes and choices

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well there are a handful of full playthroughs available; you just have to look for them. What I'm currently doing is playing through the entire story in chronological order (beginning with the Farewell bonus episode from Before the Storm --> Before the Strom --> Life is Strange; and going with all of the alternate choices from my initial playthrough. I managed to save Kate for the first time.

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I just completed my full story playthrough of LIS; complete with watching the
    Sacrifice Chloe
    ending for the first time. Of course it was pretty somber, but didn't have the same immediate, shocking effect that the other ending had with me when I watched it during my initial playthrough of the game. Maybe it was the choice of music; which was another piece besides the familiar "Obstacles". Nonetheless, it'll still have me thinking about it through the day.